Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
That guy just couldn’t catch a break. I just watched the TCW ep from season 3 with him.

Imagine a star wars saga where greedo kills han in the cantina and luke and obi-wan have to enlist his help instead. I wonder if Vader would remember him when they meet up on Cloud City (although i guess boba fett wouldn’t have been involved, nor would Lando, if Han was out of the picture)

Anyway... RIP Greedo

reignofevil posted:

This is the man who killed Greedo. If you see him. Kill him.

Ralph Hurley posted:

When I was a kid I was playing with my Star Wars toys out on the front lawn one day. When it came time to pick everything up and go inside, I couldn’t find Greedo since he was the same color as the grass. My dad ended up running him over with the lawn mower the next day. He came in with a very apologetic look on his face and handed me Greedo’s arm.

RIP Greedo

Greedo’s Funeral by Bantha Rider

https://bantharider.bandcamp.com/track/uta-tuta-solo-greedos-funeral

Dave Syndrome posted:

Let's have a round of pinball to remember good ol' Greeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbfFapCpN2k&t=50s

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

He got what he deserved.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Yeah but his dead corpse made delicious liquor

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
no, I don't.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

He got what he deserved.

Sorry but how did he deserve that? He was just doing his job... there’s not a lot of opportunity on Tatooine.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Why did you fry poor greedo

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It was his greed that got him killed. Coulda worked the moisture farms but noooooooo he just had to have that designer vest so he started working for Jabba.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
His worst and most humiliating moment was when he was inside a butt, that was probably worse than getting shot to death.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dudeness posted:

It was his greed

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

Sorry but how did he deserve that? He was just doing his job... there’s not a lot of opportunity on Tatooine.
Maclunkey is a racial slur

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

When I was a kid I was playing with my Star Wars toys out on the front lawn one day. When it came time to pick everything up and go inside, I couldn’t find Greedo since he was the same color as the grass. My dad ended up running him over with the lawn mower the next day. He came in with a very apologetic look on his face and handed me Greedo’s arm.

RIP Greedo

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
"Sorry about the mess"

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

2house2fly posted:

"Sorry about the mess"

lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

2house2fly posted:

"Sorry about the mess"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
George Lucas cut a scene from Episode I that reveals that the Rodian kid hanging out with Anakin before the pod race was Greedo because the scene involved Anakin getting mad at him and beating the poo poo out of him in order to show that, yes, the rage and hatred that would make him into Vader was there even as a kid.

But Jorge was a coward and showing one 12 year old wailing on another till they're bloody and broken isn't family friendly.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
yeah i was about to post that the rodian kid extra you see in TPM was originally going to be greedo and lucas decided 'ok this is pushing it a little too far in terms of weird-rear end coincidences', which hey, fair enough, given that greedo isn't even important

it'd be like if that guy carrying the ice cream machine was the pilot of bail organa's ship in episode 3

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

ungulateman posted:

yeah i was about to post that the rodian kid extra you see in TPM was originally going to be greedo and lucas decided 'ok this is pushing it a little too far in terms of weird-rear end coincidences', which hey, fair enough, given that greedo isn't even important

Just to be nitpicky, the kid you see in TPM is Wald and is a different Rodian from Greedo. In the deleted scene, Wald actually says to him "Keep this up, Greedo, and you'll come to a bad end". FORESHADOWING :ohdear:
Anyway, here is the scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_R-bWR3v8&t=713s

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Greedo and Darth Vader being friends as kids wouls have been worth it just for the eu writer that writes about how torn Vader ia over finding out that his childhood friend was dead.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

and the youtubers explaining it to thousands of very bored people.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If only he took more after his brother, Sharo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ungulateman posted:

it'd be like if that guy carrying the ice cream machine was the pilot of bail organa's ship in episode 3

just yet more confirmation that there are like five people in the whole galaxy

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Remember when they stuffed Greedo up that sarlacc pit, with only his head sticking out?

nine-gear crow posted:

George Lucas cut a scene from Episode I that reveals that the Rodian kid hanging out with Anakin before the pod race was Greedo because the scene involved Anakin getting mad at him and beating the poo poo out of him in order to show that, yes, the rage and hatred that would make him into Vader was there even as a kid.

But Jorge was a coward and showing one 12 year old wailing on another till they're bloody and broken isn't family friendly.

Anakin's friend and Greedo are separate Rodians actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfUJwvzB6oQ

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Ralph Hurley posted:

RIP Greedo

Thread stuck until we all hold a little symbolic funeral here for the death of a fallen comrade.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Contrary to the above posting I assure everyone here the purpose of the sticky is to announce a mandatory mourning period for Greedo. Our service shall be today at 8 EST, it will assuredly be the best attended public event of the day.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dearest Greedo. What words can be said for greedo. So many words. So many.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Star wars. He died in them. He died as he lived which wasn't good because it implies he died every single day of his life.

And greedo did do that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

This is the man who killed Greedo. If you see him. Kill him.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I feel similarly to the above image, regarding dead Greedo.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Is this where I come to press "F" to pay respects to Greedo?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Yes. Yes it is.

F. Big F for Greedo. Give Greedo all your F.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

reignofevil posted:

Dearest Greedo. What words can be said for greedo. So many words. So many.

Let us enjoy this dirge, Uta Tuta Solo (Greedo’s Funeral) from heavy jizz wailers, Bantha Rider:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

Let us enjoy this dirge, Uta Tuta Solo (Greedo’s Funeral) from heavy jizz wailers, Bantha Rider:

Thank you. This is really setting the proper somber tone for the event. Everyone please listen to this it is our new official song for the funeral.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The odds were always against Greedo. That's why it's important we remember him even though he died thousands of years ago.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Still. Greedo's life was not one of misery.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
F

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

reignofevil posted:

The odds were always against Greedo. That's why it's important we remember him even though he died thousands of years ago.

You gotta feel bad for Greedo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I don't think this little fish looks like Greedo at all but a legacy is a legacy I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

F