Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Got invited to the Vault Festival in London where they're showing 'Something Awful' - a play based on us!. It's loosely about the Slenderman murders, and shows three teenage girls getting sucked into the site with 'the most vicious comments on the internet' (that's us). The forum is described in breathless tones as one of the most extreme places on the internet where dangerous stuff happens, weird people gather and people are scared of posting for fear of being torn apart by its misanthropic residents.

Basically the girls read too much Something Awful, get obsessed with a paranormal story in GBS. Then one of them turns into an insane schoolgirl teen lesbian, they finger gently caress each others mouths and then stab their friend to death. They were teasing that they'd reveal who the 'real monster' was and I was really hoping it'd turn out to be the site itself, but it turns out to be the killer schoolgirl. Three stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

That girl clearly did not have stairs in her house.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Sad that we are no longer vicious, edgy, or avant garde in any way

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Who played Richard OP

edit: who played me OP

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hazo posted:

Who played Richard OP

edit: who played me OP

it was all teen schoolgirl characters so unless you're a teen schoolgirl exploring her nascent sexual desires you probably weren't in it

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 29, 2020

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I’m glad whoever wrote the play felt the need to add lesbianism to the tragic story of mentally ill little girls committing murder that is indeed something awful.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Necrothatcher posted:

it was all teen schoolgirl characters so unless you're a teen schoolgirl exploring her nascent sexual desires you probably weren't in it

Tee hee!

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
What sort of snacks did you sneak in?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

the most unbelievable thing was that anyone under 30 posts here, let alone schoolgirls

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

JK Fresco posted:

Sad that we are no longer vicious, edgy, or avant garde in any way

Well now we're Facebook

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Did you have a good time op?and have you tried explaining to your significant other(s) that you too are a part of a disgusting internet cabal of devils that encourages schoolgirls to explore their own sexuality?

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
starring lin manuel miranda as nmd

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
I am permabanned poster schoolgirlstomper58

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
lol are you 4 serious OP?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Like can Lowtax send a cease and desist or make any bux from this?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Here's a press shot from the play:

and I doubt there is any money to be squeezed out of a fringe theatre company

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
SA is never going to live down it's scandalous reputation for rampant lesbianism, is it?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Necrothatcher posted:

Here's a press shot from the play:

and I doubt there is any money to be squeezed out of a fringe theatre company

Screenshottin this post when the blumhouse movie eventually gets made.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Did you see any other goons in the audience, or were there any responses when you shouted "are there stairs in your house" during a poignant moment?

E: Do they actually say "Something Awful" out loud, and do they say anything that indicates the author actually read the site?

Xaintrailles fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 29, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That’s the plot to Jawbreaker, good job watching the wrong play. :downs:

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

but other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
at the something awful play they tell you to break a spine, not leg

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Imagine four schoolgirls on the edge of the internet

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As if a trio of schoolgirl murder lesbians in #BrokenBrexitBritain would waste £7.70 each on joining a message board full of insane middle-aged Americans. Completely unrealistic, 0/5.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Necrothatcher posted:

Basically the girls read too much Something Awful, get obsessed with a paranormal story in GBS. Then one of them turns into an insane schoolgirl teen lesbian, they finger gently caress each others mouths and then stab their friend to death.

im permabanned forums poster lesbianstomp58. i first started reading gbs when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "slender balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside schoolgirl assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I mean, they read about slenderguy on the scp wiki instead of GBS but that was all actually something that happened in Wisconsin or whatever

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
they just start getting really into posting poop jokes as their real life friends leave something awful and slowly drift away

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

https://www.londontheatre1.com/reviews/something-awful-by-tatty-hennessy-at-the-vault-festival/

quote:

Something Awful has its title derived from a website of the same name – much of its content is fairly tame, at least to me. One article is called ‘What is the best way to make coffee?’ and another seems fairly obvious, discussing ‘Why Having an Alligator for a Pet is Dangerous’. Here, though, the website that Soph looks at is, apparently, something on the ‘dark web’ (a term easily searched for online for those unfamiliar with the term).

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

we used to be 'it'. then they changed what 'it' was :(

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
There's some pretty incendiary stuff in the napping thread if they want to make a sequel

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
No way the guy who made that isn't a goon.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao. Those are good front page articles.

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/best-coffee-make/
https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/see-you-later/

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 30, 2020

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I can't believe we've been owned by a website that couldn't even come up with a different domain name when londontheatre.com was taken.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's on until Sunday if anyone fancies a goonmeet

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

here's my review of it: https://www.londoncitynights.com/2020/01/review-something-awful-at-vault.html

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

It's on until Sunday if anyone fancies a goonmeet

I'm very tempted lol

tbh I'd rather it be based on the history of the site or Lowtax's lovelife imagine this scene with Smithers as fragmaster

'You leave Lowtax out of this'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzdXdl3Q2ME

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Xaintrailles posted:

I can't believe we got free advertising by a website that couldn't even come up with a different domain name when londontheatre.com was taken.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
so this is what it feels like to be part of the theatre. marvellous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

“The title of the play is derived from a dinosauric comedy website and internet forum. Once upon a time the site was on the cutting edge of online comedy. Now it's slowly dying, having transitioned into a safe space for depressed middle-aged men to swap Simpsons memes, pose as Third World Maoists and hold purposefully contrary views on Star Wars.”

:iceburn: