Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can I have a Snow Crash movie instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I just re-watched Johnny Mnemonic hours after posting this thread and I think I don't want a Neuromancer movie. I think it could've been better if they replaced the whole cast with people who could actually act.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

I have no words

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The_Continental posted:

I just re-watched Johnny Mnemonic hours after posting this thread and I think I don't want a Neuromancer movie. I think it could've been better if they replaced the whole cast with people who could actually act.

That dolphin tho

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Should've replaced the whole cast with dolphins and the whole film takes place underwater and then its Keanu Reeves in a terrarium for the "Heaven" scene.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Mooey Cow posted:

A Neuromancer movie would just be riding the current 80s retro future nostalgia wave and would totally miss the point.

Thank you for putting this far more succinctly and eloquently than I could.

Occasionally I ask myself this question and decide the answer is no. A Neuromancer movie would have worked better in the 80s or possibly early 90s before the internet and technology became so ubiquitous, but it's missed its window.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Can I have a Snow Crash movie instead

No. You can't. Way I remember it, Stephenson keeps saying no any time he's asked and refuses to budge.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Julius CSAR posted:

Ronin is loving so loving awesome

Ronin is basically already the Shadowrun movie, so it being the Neuromancer movie is a natural shoe-in as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The Dregs posted:

The sky was the color of a monitor
tuned to a dead forum