Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

quote:

Ben Fodor’s alter ego, Phoenix Jones, was the leader of the city’s Rain City Superhero Movement and would don a black and gold costume — with a mask and fake six-pack abs — and insert himself into incidents of street violence, once dousing a group of people with pepper spray to break up a fight Seattle police later said wasn’t a fight at all.

In recent years, Phoenix Jones largely disappeared from Seattle streets and his nocturnal crime-fighting went dark. But Fodor’s name resurfaced last year when two confidential witnesses told a Seattle police-narcotics detective that Fodor was a drug dealer, with one of them expressing disbelief that he hadn’t yet been caught, court records show.

Fodor, 31, and his 26-year-old girlfriend, Andrea Berendsen, were arrested on Jan. 9, but were released from jail on Jan. 11, pending further investigation by police, jail and court records show.

On Monday, Fodor was charged with two counts of violation of the uniform control substances act (VUCSA): The first charge is for allegedly selling MDMA — a street drug known as Ecstasy or Molly — to an undercover agent in November, delivering the drugs in a paper bag to a downtown Starbucks. The second charge alleges he showed up at a Seattle hotel with Berendsen in January with cocaine they thought they were selling to a group of women. Berendsen, of Edmonds, has been charged with one count of VUCSA.

Double Toasted's take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pM9LtfdA2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
I hope they let him wear the outfit in prison

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he's the hero we need

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
Who would have suspected that a man walking around dressed like a cartoon and fighting people would be involved with hard drugs?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Obviously Captain Nashville is framing Jones with the help of an evil clone.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats cool drugs are cool

conversely, associating with law enforcement is bad

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

My favorite Phoenix battle was the time he got jumped in the Dorky's parking lot and absolutely no one helped

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Maybe that's how he gets his powers. Like how when I do Meth I gain the ability to summon all local emergency responders.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
These superhero dorks are pretty stupid but when it's them vs the cops it's not a hard choice

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

My favorite Phoenix battle was the time he got jumped in the Dorky's parking lot and absolutely no one helped

Can't find any info on this. Care to share?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

These superhero dorks are pretty stupid but when it's them vs the cops it's not a hard choice

They both lust to beat up/kill people with zero context or thought put into their reactions to situations so I see little difference

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Frankenstyle posted:

Maybe that's how he gets his powers. Like how when I do Meth I gain the ability to summon all local emergency responders.

So he's real life Snowflame who gains his amazing powers by snorting cocaine?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad he's doing well

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

Who would have suspected that a man walking around dressed like a cartoon and fighting people would be involved with hard drugs?

Or have a girlfriend for that matter :smug:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
batman was a criminal the whole time but its not :airquote: politically correct to talk about it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I want to see a biopic of this.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lodin posted:

So he's real life Snowflame who gains his amazing powers by snorting cocaine?

the difference is: Snowflame got superpowers when he snorted cocaine. Not just jail time

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They both lust to beat up/kill people with zero context or thought put into their reactions to situations so I see little difference

You know what happens when you multiply a minus by another minus? It's like nazis and zombies. Let them eat each other, absolutely nothing could go wrong!

next year, in collaboration with Disney, police force releases their own version of funny dressed dorks who are also cops and carry lethal weapons!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Mini-documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8CkDrhZw14

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Not necessarily, Angle Grinder Man is a true hero.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Drugs are a sin and punishment enough, i pray for his lots

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This is the nerdiest poo poo I’ve seen

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this is what happens when you try to transition from crime-fighting superhero to ecstasy-selling superhero. society doesnt understand and makes you out to be a bad guy

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

gary oldmans diary posted:

this is what happens when you try to transition from crime-fighting superhero to ecstasy-selling superhero. society doesnt understand and makes you out to be a bad guy

So hurting bad guys is ok but making people feel good is not? Wow what a society

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fantastic video. What a fascinating weird dysfunctional dude. I love the idea of him stopping assaults by saying "hey, don't fight them, fight me instead, it's mutual combat so it's legal" until the police arrive.

I liked the ones who just fed the homeless and gave free rides home to drunk people better though.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 5, 2020

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

He asked to be paid for the drugs through Venmo and planned to deliver them at a Starbucks lmao.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

gary oldmans diary posted:

batman was a criminal the whole time but its not :airquote: politically correct to talk about it

Batman's a fascist. That's not illegal in America anymore.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He didn’t die a hero... and so...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
When does Zach Snyder begin filming for his version of this?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Fantastic video. What a fascinating weird dysfunctional dude. I love the idea of him stopping assaults by saying "hey, don't fight them, fight me instead, it's mutual combat so it's legal" until the police arrive.

I liked the ones who just fed the homeless and gave free rides home to drunk people better though.

I mean I completely agree that Phoenix Jones was a "real" superhero unlike the others who were simply charity workers who wore costumes. That said, it is easy to see why being a real-life superhero can be a problem.

Phoenix also clearly had a huge ego and seemed very unstable. Threatening to kill someone over dating his ex and all.

Also the person who left the Rain City Movement saying that Phoenix essentially just walks around aggroing drunk people to fight him is just lol.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 5, 2020

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene

FilthyImp posted:

When does Zach Snyder begin filming for his version of this?

probably during Christmas.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I mean I completely agree that Phoenix Jones was a "real" superhero unlike the others who were simply charity workers who wore costumes. That said, it is easy to see why being a real-life superhero can be a problem.

Phoenix also clearly had a huge ego and seemed very unstable. Threatening to kill someone over dating his ex and all.

Also the person who left the Rain City Movement saying that Phoenix essentially just walks around aggroing drunk people to fight him is just lol.

Nah man, Phoenix was 100% ego project. I bet you he didn't lift a finger to help anyone unless there was a camera watching him do it. There's nothing heroic about that at all. The other folks may be doing glorified charity work in a costume, but they're doing it for charity, not for themselves.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
We need superheroes who actually beat up thieves snd muggers

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

welcome back gbs 1.0 i missed you kinda

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

JK Fresco posted:

We need superheroes who actually beat up thieves snd muggers

Turns out thieves and muggers are kind of hard to catch in the act (or even just afterwards) even for a whole police force in cars with radios, let alone one dude on foot.

Comics have lied to us all these years, I'm sorry.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

if only there was a seminal comic book explaining why this is a horrible idea IRL :(

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TF are you on about, Dogwelder owned

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bust Rodd posted:

He didn’t die a hero... and so...

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

the documentary video that's like 50 minutes was pretty good. Dude is in constant "prove something" mode and it is very clearly all about himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Turns out thieves and muggers are kind of hard to catch in the act (or even just afterwards) even for a whole police force in cars with radios, let alone one dude on foot.

Comics have lied to us all these years, I'm sorry.

Here's a real superhero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfsOgarSc-Q