Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

N-thing the thanks for the goons who put together the MMA threads. God bless you, every one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Masvidal is dangerous but I wonder if he's still accepting of a good ol grapple-loving from someone who doesn't just spam takedowns with no setup.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

that's why i hope they do a rematch, theoretically reyes should do a lot better if it's not his first time going five rounds. but maybe jones just has him figured out now and the speed and power and tricky set ups won't be so surprising to him.

Yeah, Jones has had 2 rematches where the original bout was competitive and went to a decision. He then finished both Cormier and Gus in those rematches. Jones is a dipshit, but based on the data we have he does better in rematches and will never lose a judges’ decision.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

SA Forums Poster posted:

If you guys are looking for a fun MMA podcast that doesn't take itself too seriously, I recently got into this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icIctfVphdE

Yeah, they really are great foils for each other. I like Luke Thomas but it’s nice to have someone around who busts his balls and lightens things up when he gets a little too smug or serious.
And they have their own channel so I can subscribe without getting much Brandon bleed in.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

JaySB posted:

Lol Rogan is nut hugging Jon Jones so hard saying that If Reyes/Jones was a fight to the death Jon would have won and the last 2 rounds should matter more than the first 3.

His quote of Jon Kavanagh is pretty rich. Something to the effect that if the fight went more rounds, Jones would have won without question. Interesting perspective considering Conor would have definitively been beaten in the Nate rematch if that were the case.
But actually if it were real there would be no rematch and Conor would be dead and Nate would have all his poo poo.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Looks like Calderwood will be the next lamb in the Shevchenko slaughterhouse. Godspeed, Jojo.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Southpaugh posted:

Theatre kid felder keeping us all on our toes. I do think under stockton rules felder won that fight but I guess the judges got bamboozled by hookers takedown right at the end. Good fight.

Yeah Hooker didn’t want anymore of Felder’s standup. Amazing push by Felder in those championship rounds.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

So did he ever bang that wwe chick or did he shtick his way right out of a date

Henry Cejudo? Have sex? I don’t think so.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i still want to see a rematch cos if u ask me hes ran khabib closer than anyone else has. which is not to say the fight was close whatsoever. i personally think ferguson hasnt even got a punchers chance

He did well compared to most of Khabib’s opponents. He also cheated his rear end off. I’d like it if Khabib never gives him a rematch. Boy that’d sure crack me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Remember, the best base for mma is not making weight.