Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Moneyball posted:

"Fernando Tatis has a bright future, but I'm not comfortable taking him at that ADP" - Me, in every draft

Drafted Fernando at his ADP this year. Me feeling smug as gently caress. :smugdog:

Drafted Victor Robles at his ADP this year. Me feeling stupid as gently caress. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Pete Alonso at ADP when I knew I shouldn't have done it

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I saw let down year coming a mile away.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Doltos posted:

Pete Alonso at ADP when I knew I shouldn't have done it

me avoiding Pete Alonso in every draft: :smuggo:

me selecting Danny Santana in every draft: :smithicide:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Schweinhund posted:

I just noticed that Mondesi has been caught stealing 4 out of 10 times. Even the one thing he's good at he's bad at.
This guy in my keeper league always does a write up end of season about each team, and for mine last year he wrote how promising it was because in a league of 16 where you can keep guys forever, he mentions that I snagged Soto, Guerrero Jr, Y Alvarez, and then he listed off Mondesi. Anyway I did not keep Mondesi and am happy of it.

So, kind of a basic tip, but a huge one nonetheless: There's a twitter account, @ProspectBot, that follows all the beat reporters for all the teams, and any tweet that includes a name from a top 100 prospect it automatically retweets. I follow that account and turned on notifications so I instantly get alerted when guys are being promoted. I usually have time to pull up their MLB Pipeline report and milb stats on baseball ref, and still have time to add them before anyone else in the league. This season I've used it to add Sixto Sanchez and Ian Anderson.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Trevor Bauer 76th: that's good
Javy Baez 28th: that's bad

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Just got a trade proposal out of the blue:

Send: Jake Cronenworth
Get: Sonny Gray

Had to double-check that Gray hadn't left his last start with an injury or something because that was a MASH YES situation.

My SS are now Story and J Polanco, and my SPs are Bieber, Gray, Castillo, Burnes, Plesac, J Montgomery, and Kikuchi (he's the "streamer" spot right now.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 30, 2020

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Clevinger to the Padres. How long before he gets himself in trouble again so he can go surfing for the rest of the season?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

Clevinger to the Padres. How long before he gets himself in trouble again so he can go surfing for the rest of the season?

The power of Lindor.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Had to double-check that Gray hadn't left his last start with an injury or something because that was a MASH YES situation.

My SS are now Story and J Polanco, and my SPs are Bieber, Gray, Castillo, Burnes, Plesac, J Montgomery, and Kikuchi (he's the "streamer" spot right now.)

checking the box scores today and remembered your post :ohdear:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2020/09/01/sports-betting-cincinnati-reds-sonny-gray-vs-st-louis-cardinals/3455597001/

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Inspector_666 posted:

So this is your fault then

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

So this is your fault then

Yep, my bad.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
My only healthy OF who has a game today?

None other than Byron Buxton. 🤔

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

There are a lot of good players having awful years.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

AND on the field too.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
This is like May 7th in a normal baseball year though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah all the players doing absolutely horrible right now feels like they'd be in a normal slump during a normal year. Inversely all the guys hitting well over .330 are riding hot streaks. Same goes with pitching. There are far too many guys over 7 ERA right now and so many pitchers only lasting 3-4 innings.

It's just a wild year for baseball not even counting all these games starting early as gently caress so I keep missing starts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sorry to my Rowdy Roddy Tellez fans

https://twitter.com/thehazelmae/status/1303520171827625984

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sorry to fellow Walker Buehler fans. Blister flare up for a nice 2.2 inning start

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Corbin Burnes rules, that much I know.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah Roger Dorn is a timeless character

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
19 runs and hiura/yelich combine for a hit and rbi

I’m having a lot of fun

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

WTF Adam Duvall?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

This season is so weird.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The worst part about this season is I keep running into the bottom tier teams that have the guy who's insanely above reason hot. Just teams full of absolute poo poo putting up insane ERAs and HR totals and then disappearing next week because they're all ranked at the bottom for a reason.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I keep thinking there's still a month left but some teams only have 14-15 games left.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Kimbrel gotta save, and he's been pretty good lately.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Schweinhund posted:

Kimbrel gotta save, and he's been pretty good lately.

*extremely villain in Taken voice*

Good luck...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

whoops

It doesn't matter, I benched him just in case so I could hold my ERA lead in the playoffs

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

my season is over, I can keep 5 guys, there's no cost to keep them or limit on how long I cna keep them. Which 5 would you keep out of these

Vladimir Guerrero Jr, 21
Juan Soto, 21
Sixto Sanchez, 22
Ian Anderson, 22
Yordan Alvarez, 23
Jack Flaherty, 24
Alex Bregman, 26
Shohei Ohtani (in both roles), 26
Clayton Kershaw, 32

I had been keeping Ohtani and Guerrero the last couple years but even if they end up being studs i don't know if i can justify them over all these other guys...

Thinking Soto, Yordan, Bregman, Sixto, and...hmm. I guess I can see how more of the rest of the season plays out

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

Mashed on this, lost three weeks in a row and missed the playoffs. Love to be alive.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Fast Luck posted:

my season is over, I can keep 5 guys, there's no cost to keep them or limit on how long I cna keep them. Which 5 would you keep out of these

Vladimir Guerrero Jr, 21
Juan Soto, 21
Sixto Sanchez, 22
Ian Anderson, 22
Yordan Alvarez, 23
Jack Flaherty, 24
Alex Bregman, 26
Shohei Ohtani (in both roles), 26
Clayton Kershaw, 32

I had been keeping Ohtani and Guerrero the last couple years but even if they end up being studs i don't know if i can justify them over all these other guys...

Thinking Soto, Yordan, Bregman, Sixto, and...hmm. I guess I can see how more of the rest of the season plays out

soto, alvarez, ohtani, bregman, and probably flaherty

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thanks, that's interesting, you keep banking on Ohtani? I took him first overall pick his rookie year and it's cool getting 2 players in 1 but his arm just hasn't held up for pitching, and he's actually not hitting this season either.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Alvarez' knee issues are a huge red flag for me as well. I mean maybe the surgery will fix everything but the Astros said he was physically incapable of playing the field and he's already had to get both knees fixed at age 23.

He's almost assuredly still a keeper on that list but I don't know if overall I see him as the can't miss must-have guy he was even last season.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ohtani's still recovering from tj and you gotta give anyone who's gone through that a buffer season to reacclimate. i'm also of the opinion that looking at basically any topline stats for this season for instruction on next season is a foolish move. it's just too weird and there's probably a lot of psychological stuff going on with a lot of these guys.

as for alvarez, yea, the reward is too high to give up on. i agree his knees are worrying, but jesus, if he's fully healthy the dude could hit 70 in a good, lucky year.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 14, 2020

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm also having trouble thinking of who i will keep. here're my options:

j abreu - $19
bichette - $10
acuna - $30
tucker - $5
happ - $5
castellanos - $14
laureano - $10
meadows - $10
calhoun - $5
julio rodriguez - $5
cronenworth - $5
alvarez - $10
haniger - $5
darvish - $10
hendricks - $5
burnes - $5
kluber - $5
kopech - $5
heaney - $5

stats used: r, hr, rbi, sb, ops | ip, sv+hd, k, era, whip

budget: $225

pick 6

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Darnold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

abelwingnut posted:

i'm also having trouble thinking of who i will keep. here're my options:

j abreu - $19
bichette - $10
acuna - $30
tucker - $5
happ - $5
castellanos - $14
laureano - $10
meadows - $10
calhoun - $5
julio rodriguez - $5
cronenworth - $5
alvarez - $10
haniger - $5
darvish - $10
hendricks - $5
burnes - $5
kluber - $5
kopech - $5
heaney - $5

stats used: r, hr, rbi, sb, ops | ip, sv+hd, k, era, whip

budget: $225

pick 6

Bichette, Acuna, Tucker, Laureano, Alvarez, Darvish, and then either Meadows, Kopech, or JuRod