Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

So uh, for anyone who still believes an actual partial season will end up happening, would you be interested in a second attempt at a Fire and Forget league on the eve of "Opening Day" ?

It’s how MLB is treating the season so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Welp, if they actually play a season, it starts two weeks from Thursday. The Marlins, Orioles, and Tigers have been preemptively eliminated to save time.

People are starting to log in to their teams again, so I managed to get Matt Olson for Brandon Workman.

Is there an official list of players who have decided to sit out?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Moneyball posted:

Welp, if they actually play a season, it starts two weeks from Thursday. The Marlins, Orioles, and Tigers have been preemptively eliminated to save time.

People are starting to log in to their teams again, so I managed to get Matt Olson for Brandon Workman.

Is there an official list of players who have decided to sit out?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/mlb-opt-out-tracker-every-player-who-has-declined-play-2020-season

A lot of guys are thinking about it. I'd bet Freeman does not play, I think Trout is 50/50 at this point.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I think I cloned the Fire and Forget settings, for anyone who wishes to try again.

Draft is July 22 at 8:30pm EST

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/2075/invitation?key=83f851cc425c887c&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=1df0b0073228dede

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

I think I cloned the Fire and Forget settings, for anyone who wishes to try again.

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/2075/invitation?key=83f851cc425c887c&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=1df0b0073228dede

I’m in.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
We're drafting for one of the Wacky Leagues on PitcherList right now, and I had 11th overall and took Arenado and I already regret it for some reason. This is the second time I've gotten him at that slot and both times I was just immediately filled with doubt even though there's really no reason for it. I hate picking at 10-11 because there's just enough 1st round dudes left for me to second-guess any choice I make.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'm actually loving that draft slot this year. I usually take Arenado and JD Martinez especially if I'm punting SB. That's an almost guaranteed 185 R, 75 HR, 220 RBI, 3 SB, .300 AVG right out of the gate.

Yelich and Rendon with a 3rd round pick 8 slots higher is also great, but I don't regret drafting so low.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah this year I really wanted to have a backend pick instead of getting tossed into the Yelich/Acuna/Trout bonfire (I still think Mookie is going to rake and be right back up there next year). The season will never happen but the potential to have two amazing bats right at the end is super high.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

This time, it counts.

"First" $20 pro league of the season for me:

C: None (will pick up a bargain bin C)
1B: Freeman
2B: Biggio
3B: Moncada (didn't realize he was on IL)
SS: Story
OF: Meadows
OF: Pham
OF: Ozuna
UTIL: Rizzo
UTIL: Laureano
BN: Dejong
BN: Carlson

SP: Flaherty, Snell, Bumgarner, Luzardo, Stripling, Weaver, J. James, Gore, Mikolas
RP: Kela, LeClerc, Harvey

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

like clockwork.

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1282813811263770624

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Puig is droppable now right? He's my friend :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

General Bullshit posted:

Puig is droppable now right? He's my friend :(

Like rl friend?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

Like rl friend?

https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/726110591769665536

the Goff tweet is from three years before Puig's response

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ahhhh

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

12 team leauge, I think I did pretty well. First four of Mookie (at eight!), Ramirez, Rendon and Machado makes for a solid core.

R/HR/RBI/SB/OPS
K/ERA/WHIP/QS/NSVH

C JT Realmuto (65)
1B Matt Olson(89)
2B Whit Merrifield (56)
3B Jose Ramirez (17)
SS Manny Machado (41)
OF Mookie Betts (8)
OF Tommy Pham (80)
OF Nick Senzel (185)
UTIL Anthony Rendon (32)
UTIL Rhys Hoskins (104)
BN Eric Hosmer (281)
BN Cory Dickerson (305)

P Madison Bumgarner (113)
P Carlos Carrasco (128)
P Matthew Boyd (137)
P Sean Manaea (152)
P Jake Odorizzi (176)
P Dakota Hudson (200)
P Miles Mikolas (209)
P Yusmiero Petit (224)
P Craig Stammen (233)
BN John Gant (248)
BN Mychal Givens (257)
BN Tyler Duffey (272)
BN J.A. Happ (296)

NA Mackenzie Gore (320)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Now I have to guess the first 7. Trout, Acuna, Yelich, Bellinger, Cole, deGrom, Lindor?

Actually after writing that out I can see Betts going 8. Still have Story, Turner, Arenado, and Soto. drat, Betts can go at the turn.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

jabro posted:

Now I have to guess the first 7. Trout, Acuna, Yelich, Bellinger, Cole, deGrom, Lindor?

Actually after writing that out I can see Betts going 8. Still have Story, Turner, Arenado, and Soto. drat, Betts can go at the turn.

Buxton

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

He is such a given his name doesn’t need to be included.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My money league. I feel shockingly good about this team, honestly.

EDIT: I should have taken Soler instead of Rosario or Castillo probably, but oh well.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 20, 2020

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Inspector_666 posted:

My money league. I feel shockingly good about this team, honestly.

EDIT: I should have taken Soler instead of Rosario or Castillo probably, but oh well.

Story at 15 :eyepop:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Story at 15 :eyepop:

Yeah the first four rounds went insanely good. I was originally thinking about trying a Bregman/J-Ram opening move but I figured I would get over my irrational unease about Arenado. My only reservation is two Rockies right up top what with the home/road splits. More of an issue with Story than Arenado though.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 20, 2020

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Moneyball posted:

Any last minute takers? We have 2 of 10 :laffo:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

Any last minute takers? We have 2 of 10 :laffo:

I meant to join when it first popped up better late than never? Hopefully people join in.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Jays playing their game in PNC instead of Buffalo kills that offense :(

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Drafting tonight - what is everyone thinking about Trout? I have the 4th pick; do I take Trout or whoever is left of Acuna/Yelich/Betts/Bellinger?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'd still go with Trout. Maybe he misses time, but it's Mike Trout.

Otherwise yeah, take whoever's left.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Take Cole :smuggo:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah it just seems kind of insane to pass on Mike loving Trout at #4.

Getting a piece of that Dodgers offense would be nice too though.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm not taking Trout over any of those four given the playing time issues

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Am I the only one who goes deGrom over Cole?

Cole's only done better because the Astros are in the NL Central and faced a pitcher... Oh wait
At least deGrom doesn't have to face a DH... Oh

I guess I just hate the Yankees.

also I guess my second Fire and Forget league ain't happening unless we have four people

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

Am I the only one who goes deGrom over Cole?

Cole's only done better because the Astros are in the NL Central and faced a pitcher... Oh wait
At least deGrom doesn't have to face a DH... Oh

I guess I just hate the Yankees.

In a normal season I could see this case more than this one, given how the schedule is working.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Trout confirms that he'll play but he's going to leave when his baby is born and will have to pass league protocol when he wants to come back. In a normal season, whatever, but in a 60 game season that's enough for me to not take him at 4. Would probably still take him at 5 if I was picking there though.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Pro tip: if someone has "COVID-19" next to their name on Yahoo you can move them to the IL. It took me like 3 days to figure that out.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Also there are four DL spots this year, so if you are that unfortunate or you want to stash some people, keep that in mind.

This is going to be a weird year. I started targeting players who Yahoo dropped in the rankings because of COVID, but who already had it and will be playing this season. Or injured ones who didn't get adjusted after the start of the season was delayed. So Freddie Freeman becomes a 3rd round pick and Blackmon a 4th rounder. James Paxton and Rich Hill go real late, with Willie Calhoun goes in the last couple rounds.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I get the feeling Johnny Cueto is good enough to be on my fantasy team but didn't add him so he's going to do well tonight against LA.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Juan Soto has the 'rona, adjust opening night lineups accordingly.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like at this point gambling on the baseball season is like gambling on preseason football

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have Soto and Kershaw on my team. And Stromam :v:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Fast Luck posted:

I have Soto and Kershaw on my team. And Stromam :v:

I'm taking advantage of the covid year to rebuild my keeper team (three year contracts) and I pulled off an expiring Soto for a bunch of guys with two years left and I feel like a genius now. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

If it's H2H you'll be fine. Assuming you can stay in the playoff hunt