Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i hope a philipino nurse smothered him to death with a pillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
quick diversion from our talk about blood sports, old chap, is to say that a wife and a prostitute are basically the same thing

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
yes philip was a driving force and impacted a lot of people with his car

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

CoolCab posted:

quick diversion from our talk about blood sports, old chap, is to say that a wife and a prostitute are basically the same thing

also my wife is the literal queen

but im her rock you see

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
the weird thing about royalists is they could be loving anyone

when you least expect it your militant atheist lesbian housemate from uni is in mourning for prince philip and posting on facebook about it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

philip and churchil, both looking down and smiling

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Jel Shaker posted:

philip and churchil, both looking up and screaming

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

philip and churchil, both looking down and smiling

this but hideous white women

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Don't think Anita Hill would like that pic much...

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Giedroyc posted:

Don't think Anita Hill would like that pic much...

Hey op why are you not allowed to post in the trans thread anymore?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

ex post facho posted:

i dunno guys, maybe we were wrong about phil the whole t

drat, who knew prince philip was a really dumb racist piece of poo poo?

(not the BBC)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Is your media done reporting on the death of that old ghoul yet? It's getting tiring.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

spankmeister posted:

Is your media done reporting on the death of that old ghoul yet? It's getting tiring.

no lol they announced 8 days of mourning but no public holiday

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

oliwan posted:

My posts generated more traffic than the one every 4 months they prefer.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

oliwan posted:

I wonder why a british monarchist might not be allowed to post in the trans thread

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

when the queen pops it it really needs to be two days at least of bankholidays

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

when the queen pops it it really needs to be two days at least of bankholidays

there will be one for her funeral and one for the' coronation

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Giedroyc posted:

My posts generated more traffic than the one every 4 months they prefer.

Oh drat, turns out you are not allowed to post in the Minority Report at all op! How quaint that someone who is banned from TMR would defend a known racist shithead like prince philip...........

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

I honestly don't know how pointing out a person's charity work and saying he was the best of the royals makes me a 'monarchist', but whatever floats your boat really.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

When I worked in finance I used to get a free day off whenever an ex-President would kick it, because they would close the stock market. I used to root for the old fuckers to kick it but they are just too good at keeping them alive these days.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I took part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme when I was at school.

During our orienteering award we deliberately wandered off the beaten path and ended up in a small coastal village in a pub that was happy to serve drinks to a group of 16-year olds.

Meanwhile our school alerted mountain rescue when we failed to arrive at the rendezvous point. They spent a huge amount of time and resources looking for us, only to find us steamed in a pub hours later.

Our escapade drained time and money from a vital public service. I regret it now, but in hindsight we were truly living up to the Duke's ideals of spending decades leeching a privileged lifestyle paid for by the proles.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Meanwhile in NI:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
more like prince philRIP

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Giedroyc posted:

I honestly don't know how pointing out a person's charity work and saying he was the best of the royals makes me a 'monarchist', but whatever floats your boat really.

the general tenor of this forum is that ruling class people should be put in camps, to say nothing of literal monarchs. it’s very funny that you are Simply Pointing Out the good qualities of the racist dead queen-husband. i’d encourage you to keep posting but i don’t think you need the encouragement, you rock. i hope you’re having a fantastic weekend

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I took part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme when I was at school.

During our orienteering award we deliberately wandered off the beaten path and ended up in a small coastal village in a pub that was happy to serve drinks to a group of 16-year olds.

Meanwhile our school alerted mountain rescue when we failed to arrive at the rendezvous point. They spent a huge amount of time and resources looking for us, only to find us steamed in a pub hours later.

Our escapade drained time and money from a vital public service. I regret it now, but in hindsight we were truly living up to the Duke's ideals of spending decades leeching a privileged lifestyle paid for by the proles.

wait the duke of Edinburgh award is real???? lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si5C-3F9Pw4

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

mrmcd posted:

the monarchist has loving logged on to cspam lmao

Ignore this rabble, they have no respect for their betters.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1380771917850894336?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Giedroyc posted:

I've noticed. Still I hope some people clicked those links to learn about what he did in his life rather than repeating Fallout ghoul jokes. Phil, the Queen and Princess Anne (maybe Edward, but he has a low profile really) are the true royals. The rest can sod off.

actually all of them and the people that support them can have a date with the national razor instead

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

her name is rebecca english? jesus christ that's second only to peter gammons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Alfred Bion

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Quality journalism is actually the opposite of giving a literary handjob to a rotting corpse.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Giedroyc posted:

i honestly don't know how pointing out epstein's charity work and saying he was the best of the financiers makes me a 'pederast' but whatever floats your boat really.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...de70_story.html

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Eat This Glob posted:

i honestly don't know how pointing out epstein's charity work and saying he was the best of the financiers makes me a 'pederast' but whatever floats your boat really.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...de70_story.html

Seriously? You're equating a person making racist comments who is part of a privileged organisation to that of someone who sexually abused children over decades? That's quite frankly a pathetic comparison.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You really want to bring sexually abusing children and the royals in the same sentence?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Lostconfused posted:

You really want to bring sexually abusing children and the royals in the same sentence?

As I previously mentioned, we're discussing Philip (who died) not Andrew who I referred to as dodgy earlier. Please stop trying to take this out of context.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Giedroyc posted:

As I previously mentioned, we're discussing Philip (who died) not Andrew who I referred to as dodgy earlier. Please stop trying to take this out of context.

Philip is directly responsible for Andrew

The royals were friends with Jimmy savile lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

And you know who else did a load of charity work

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Giedroyc posted:

I don't think Danny Devito spent 70 years attending public engagements/charity work/setting up charities and fought in World War 2 though...

You can dismiss the monarchy as privilege, but you can't argue with what the bloke did over such a long time and the lives his work impacted. There are far far worse royals who did little in comparison.

what a loving post lmao

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

And you know who else did a load of charity work

Hitler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

There's royal records pertaining to Prince Philip's escapades that have been locked away for 100 years (as opposed to the usual 30). Along with all the dead young girls and close links to Epstein and Jimmy Saville the family have....