Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gently caress me that's a hell of a bodyslam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Knitting Beetles posted:

https://twitter.com/BruceReuters/status/1620360863160102913

double take that this graph's vertical scale actually begins at 0

things are looking good for 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1620734699604951043?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If the police have that many job openings, why don't all the anti police brutality activists simply take those jobs? That keeps out the bad guys who want to be cops for bad reasons, and means the police force will be full of good guys who know it's bad to brutalize people.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Police turn good people into bad people and bad people into loving demons

(I know you're not being serious)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Barry Foster posted:

I’ve watched this happen with a tattoo client who I started working on before they became a cop and stopped working on them after that

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

i am harry posted:

I’ve watched this happen with a tattoo client who I started working on before they became a cop and stopped working on them after that

You didn't work a sneaky little "ACAB" into the art? Tsk.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Microplastics posted:

You didn't work a sneaky little "ACAB" into the art? Tsk.

session 1: kids name is David, just joining the academy, dad is a cop, chat about smoking weed and being cool

session 2: David returns after completing police academy, been a cop for 3 mo, talks to me about the arsenal of weaponry (shotgun, AR, etc) in his cars trunk and how we need that to combat the “bad guys” with ak47s

session 3: 6mo later returns for the last time, tells me about how good he’s feeling after getting to do something he’s always wanted to do: he got a call from a gas station where a homeless guy was trying to swipe a couple chicken wings so he shows up, beats the poo poo out of him and throws the dude into the Frito-Lay shelf and everything goes flying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/steamedhamms/status/1620774817325793280?s=20

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

(I know you're not being serious)

The Good People™ who join the police to make it less bad are quickly encouraged to leave, if they're even allowed to pass the training courses at all. The only people who stick around are those who can acclimatise to the internal politics and behaviours.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
every once in a while a good person becomes a cop, sees how hosed up it is and tries to report all the crimes their peers do or push for systematic reform. we call these nigh-mythical good cops "corpses".

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

every once in a while a good person becomes a cop, sees how hosed up it is and tries to report all the crimes their peers do or push for systematic reform. we call these nigh-mythical good cops "corpses".

then the killers parade with their image

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

NAME REDACTED posted:

The Good People™ who join the police to make it less bad are quickly encouraged to leave, if they're even allowed to pass the training courses at all. The only people who stick around are those who can acclimatise to the internal politics and behaviours.

i figure that’s why they have all these racist or sexist whatsapp’s, it’s to make sure that everyone has evidence on each other

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jel Shaker posted:

i figure that’s why they have all these racist or sexist whatsapp’s, it’s to make sure that everyone has evidence on each other

This also works for MPs

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jel Shaker posted:

this shows the danger of russians, who invented the concept of kompromat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1620947167052500992

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

this means it’s prince andrew on all of them

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
poor charles.

finally getting the keys to the ferrari only for the paint to start peeling off to show the rust that had been building up the entire time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/Feargal_Sharkey/status/1621055268678402049?t=e8xOENONSRl3fA_ITvW8iA&s=19

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

they're dumping poo poo into the coastal waters to cut costs and can't even manage to keep the water bill down?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jazerus posted:

they're dumping poo poo into the coastal waters to cut costs and can't even manage to keep the water bill down?

Of course they can, but they don't want to. They are in the water business to make money.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jazerus posted:

that’s to keep the small boats out

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jazerus posted:

Lmao

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Surely these capitalists would pass the savings on to their captive market

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

economics is when ignoring externalities

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jazerus posted:

lmao paying more for (literally) shittier water

brexit owns

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

*Pumps raw sewage into the sea* whoa what the gently caress look at this mess! I'm gonna need to be paid handsomely to clean this one up!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

*Pumps raw sewage into the sea* whoa what the gently caress look at this mess! I'm gonna need to be paid handsomely to clean this one up!

(they did not clean this one up)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Grimey Drawer

They're just getting ready to become Americas new best pet for the war against China. Severing the last cultural ties to useless old Britain is part of this. Its going to suck for them. They won't be allowed to call chips chippies anymore. There'll be none of that.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Le Cercle are on the surface mostly a club of rich white dudes deciding capitalism is the best like the Trilateral Commission or Bilderberg Group, but once you go a bit deeper they're very much of the opinion that Hitler had the right idea about communism and hey, what's the point of being rich and white if you can't rape a few kids along the way.

Knights of the Golden Circle: Secret Empire, Southern Secession, Civil War

Based on years of exhaustive and meticulous research, David C. Keehn’s study provides the first comprehensive analysis of the Knights of the Golden Circle, a secret southern society that initially sought to establish a slave-holding empire in the “Golden Circle” region of Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America. Keehn reveals the origins, rituals, structure, and complex history of this mysterious group, including its later involvement in the secession movement. Members supported southern governors in precipitating disunion, filled the ranks of the nascent Confederate Army, and organized rearguard actions during the Civil War.

The Knights of the Golden Circle emerged in 1858 when a secret society formed by a Cincinnati businessman merged with the pro-expansionist Order of the Lone Star, which already had 15,000 members. The following year, the Knights began publishing their own newspaper and established their headquarters in Washington, D.C. In 1860, during their first attempt to create the Golden Circle, several thousand Knights assembled in southern Texas to “colonize” northern Mexico. Due to insufficient resources and organizational shortfalls, however, that filibuster failed.

Later, the Knights shifted their focus and began pushing for disunion, spearheading prosecession rallies, and intimidating Unionists in the South. They appointed regional military commanders from the ranks of the South’s major political and military figures, including men such as Elkanah Greer of Texas, Paul J. Semmes of Georgia, Robert C. Tyler of Maryland, and Virginius D. Groner of Virginia. Followers also established allies with the South’s rabidly prosecession “fire-eaters,” which included individuals such as Barnwell Rhett, Louis Wigfall, Henry Wise, and William Yancey.

According to Keehn, the Knights likely carried out a variety of other clandestine actions before the Civil War, including attempts by insurgents to take over federal forts in Virginia and North Carolina, the activation of prosouthern militia around Washington, D.C., and a planned assassination of Abraham Lincoln as he passed through Baltimore in early 1861 on the way to his inauguration. Once the fighting began, the Knights helped build the emerging Confederate Army and assisted with the pro-Confederate Copperhead movement in northern states. With the war all but lost, various Knights supported one of their members, John Wilkes Booth, in his plot to abduct and assassinate President Lincoln.

:thunk:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Regarde Aduck posted:

They're just getting ready to become Americas new best pet for the war against China. Severing the last cultural ties to useless old Britain is part of this. Its going to suck for them. They won't be allowed to call chips chippies anymore. There'll be none of that.

There's still the trade deal link, where the UK bent over and Australia stuffed it with a few hundred billion of tariff free dodgy meat.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Brexit means Brexit

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

that’s to keep the small boats out

the brown cliffs of dover

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm sure yet another interest rate hike won't be bad for the country

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I fixed my mortgage rate last summer and it's now lower than the base rate lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I got mine done in December 2021 when the interest rate was 0.5%. I'd be totally hosed now if I hadn't I think

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

I'm sure yet another interest rate hike won't be bad for the country

Whenever Brits talk about how they're being hosed over by interest rates I never know if they're talking about their central bank or ours.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Falcorum posted:

the brown cliffs of dover

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

it's the shite cliffs of dover you philistines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Party Boat posted:

I fixed my mortgage rate last summer and it's now lower than the base rate lol

My mortgage adviser company contacted me in Feb, seven months before my remortgage was due.

We got it approved the day before the first rise. It's now over a percent lower than the base rate and locked for 10 years of an 11 year mortgage. Dead chuffed.