Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Was the Cliven situation the one where he'd been feeding his cattle on public land for years and you had gun nuts setting up checkpoints and sniper nests and ended up in an armed standoff with police?

More or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
That tiny bit of hope I try to rekindle every night before I go to bed is telling me that a holocaust-denying YouTuber will have said enough absolutely deplorable poo poo for her to be "debunked" and disappear into the void shortly, but the last couple of years have conditioned me to fully expect her to earn a job as a FOX pundit within the next couple of years.

The one good thing about this story is that she's still bound by German law as a citizen, and if more of here holocaust-denying bullshit keeps surfacing (:pray:), she will be liable to prosecution.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Libertarians are willing to tolerate a lot of holocaust denial if it means pedophilia dreams satisfied, simulated or otherwise.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Was the Cliven situation the one where he'd been feeding his cattle on public land for years and you had gun nuts setting up checkpoints and sniper nests and ended up in an armed standoff with police?

grazing on public land is a normal thing to do here. The land is essentially leased from BLM or National Forest management. He was delinquent on many, many years worth of grazing fees, so the feds came to confiscate his cattle to auction in lieu of actual money. The armed standoff was random oathkeeper chuds protecting him from paying his fair share for his cattle making GBS threads all over the public desert. In addition, "his cattle" is a bit of a stretch, considering many were unbranded, generationally feral calves just wandering the desert

Their family is involved in all sorts of Mormon Fundie/Christian Dominionist/Domestic Terror/SovCit lunacy, and the Bundy Ranch standoff and the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge are just some of the most visible effects

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 29, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i thought he also started a wildfire trying to cover up evidence of his crimes

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

mlmp08 posted:

Libertarians are willing to tolerate a lot of holocaust denial if it means pedophilia dreams satisfied, simulated or otherwise.

I'm kinda thinking they're not tolerating it

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
It was also a fight over gopher tortoise protected land.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

He did.

The Feds backing down was really, really bad. It emboldened these assholes. Though understandably, Obama didn't want another Waco, ezcept 10x worse. The It Could Happen Here podcast covers the whole thing a little bit. It was a poo poo sandwich either way.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Doc Hawkins posted:

That wasn't Cliven or Rion Bundy personally. Maybe relatives. It was some ranchers who had been poaching deer that started a wildfire to cover up the evidence. The occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge by a white nationalist militia (which the Bundys were intimately involved in orchestrating) was basically protesting those guys getting sent to prison for an additional sentence after their term was reviewed

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

BigDave posted:

It was also a fight over gopher tortoise protected land.

lol I had completely forgotten about that facet of it
Yeah they hate endangered species, too
God the Bundys are real pieces of poo poo. One of my chud Navy buddies lionizing the Malheur NWR incident was one of the final straws for me and Facebook

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That tiny bit of hope I try to rekindle every night before I go to bed is telling me that a holocaust-denying YouTuber will have said enough absolutely deplorable poo poo for her to be "debunked" and disappear into the void shortly, but the last couple of years have conditioned me to fully expect her to earn a job as a FOX pundit within the next couple of years.

The one good thing about this story is that she's still bound by German law as a citizen, and if more of here holocaust-denying bullshit keeps surfacing (:pray:), she will be liable to prosecution.

I'm glad she's a german citizen or Trump would make her head of the EPA

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
yeah guess she'll just have to be Acting head until we get someone in front of the senate

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

US Berder Patrol posted:

lol I had completely forgotten about that facet of it
Yeah they hate endangered species, too
God the Bundys are real pieces of poo poo. One of my chud Navy buddies lionizing the Malheur NWR incident was one of the final straws for me and Facebook

I was at the VA one day and a vendor in the cafeteria had set up selling the usual right wing bullshit patriotic hats and shirts. One item was a flag with an eagle that said 'I stand with the Bundy's.' I complained and asked the patient advocate if the VA was endorsing armed standoffs on federal property because if so that would definitely change how I approached things. I never saw that vendor again. gently caress them.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Could you link to her holocaust denial?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

US Berder Patrol posted:

if the railcops didn't have to prioritize busting drunks, poors, and rowdy teenagers for fare evasion, they would be free to patrol and keep citizens safe from actual crime

no fares doesn't necessarily mean no police it don't gotta be an either-or type of situation

I agree with this and agree that the value of mass transit should be spread across those who benefit from it, not just the passengers.

Edit: opinions on the mass transit of a city I dont live in.

piL fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 29, 2020

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The crazy thing is someone made a sticker featuring a drawing of Greta being sexually assaulted and then the name of an Albertan oil field company on the bottom. It's being shared around on Facebook between people in the oil industry. Someone called the owner of the company and

quote:

“You’re okay then with having your logo attached to a sticker that depicts the rape of a child? His response was ‘she’s not a child, she’s 17.'”

2020 guys

E:

Kid's got bigger stones than me

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1233775476998582278?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Eej posted:

E:

Kid's got bigger stones than me

To some extent, this is an offshoot of the attitudes that generated "ok boomer". A shitload of politically active teens grew up in the current social-media hypercharged Online internet. They're probably going to start replying directly to rape/death threats with just a simple "lol" because they're used to the garbage.

Meanwhile, the government is playing a massive game of telephone and they can't get straight if the coronavirus death was a man or a woman.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1233861722303270913?s=19

If local information can't flow right from the states to the feds on something this simple, it doesn't paint a rosy picture for future communications.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The irony of her straight-up saying "dont listen to me because im a blonde teen, listen to my reasoned argument" as a counter-argument to greta thunberg is so loving :psyduck:

E) btw, how are Fox etc spinning Donnie signing a truce with the loving Taliban, are they actually good guys now or what? Its reaaaally loving me off tjat its not blowing up more

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CPAC letting in outright white supremacists isn't anything new. It does make them banning Romney a whole lot funnier though.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

E) btw, how are Fox etc spinning Donnie signing a truce with the loving Taliban, are they actually good guys now or what? Its reaaaally loving me off tjat its not blowing up more

It’ll be spun as a major victory in negotiations while ignoring the fact that troops will still be in Iraq and Syria and probably still in Afghanistan on some level.

It’s the North Korea poo poo all over again, something short term to crow about before the media cycle moves on”

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

local news facebook chuds are not happy about it. no one really seems to want to talk about it much since there is precisely zero way to spin this as a victory for America

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Well thats something at least. I mean I dont agree with the forever war, but the Taliban are loving abominable :smith:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Abongination posted:

It’ll be spun as a major victory in negotiations while ignoring the fact that troops will still be in Iraq and Syria and probably still in Afghanistan on some level.

It’s the North Korea poo poo all over again, something short term to crow about before the media cycle moves on”

Yeah it's the "peace with honor" thing that Nixon used.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

:nms:

Awwwww poo poo

Chicago cop time!

https://twitter.com/FreeRangeCritic/status/1233536447749201921?s=19

Shooting is about 1:40 in to the video. NMS and all that jazz.

Please refrain from baconated posting.

drat, I've been in that station dozens of times over the years.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51680049

Welp, here's a strong contender for the Darwin Awards.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just don't understand the loving logistics involved. Who the hell has 25kg of dry ice readily available?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I just don't understand the loving logistics involved. Who the hell has 25kg of dry ice readily available?

Grocery stores. You can buy it no big deal.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Apparently we should be giving it away for free.

CO2 Cures Influencers

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Dry ice is sold at grocery stores all the time (actual grocery stores, not chain poo poo), I remember it being available at the corner grocery store near my grandmother's house when I was growing up.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently we should be giving it away for free.

CO2 Cures Influencers

No, it just eliminates their friends and loved ones.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

No, it just eliminates their friends and loved ones.
Influencers don't associate with normal people. So the victims here were most likely other influencers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

:stare: nz lags in some regards

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Have you actually checked? In the US it's usually in a little nondescript freezer case near the checkout, it's easy to miss if you're not specifically looking for it.

I've also seen it for sale at ice cream stores.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
You can even buy it at little mom n pop liquor store convenience store type places with the "HUNTERS WELCOME" signs out in the boonies -- people use it in their yeti coolers full of elk. I'm a little surprised it's not readily available in NZ for the same reason

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It looks like it needs to be sold by refrigerant suppliers although it seems there's no need for any kind of license

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

quote:

Ms Didenko is known for posting tips about how to save money on pharmaceutical products on her Instagram page.

Did you know? Cool your water fast with this easy trick!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah I buy it when I go fishing no big deal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CBS is projecting Biden in SC from exit poll results. Curious to see if that holds up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CBS is projecting Biden in SC from exit poll results. Curious to see if that holds up.

It's not a question of whether or not he wins, but by how much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

cnn is saying he will win.. with like 6-7k votes counted and 1% reporting

edit :

oh and new travel ban on iran, because of CORONA VIRUS lmbo