Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There was a different one where she drives back and forth between Chicago and Grand Rapids, MI like twice in a weekend for no good reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DarkstarIV posted:

Add another video to the pile of why WWE should pay for talent transportation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD7t-bsjX7o

13 hours in 2 days, including incredibly late at night during a heavy snowstorm.

Counterargument: They have more money to roll around in if they don't. And it has the added advantage of grinding their financial resources and mental fortitude; allowing you to exercise more power over them. So it's a win-win. You just need to throw aside all your silly 'caring about the well-being of others' nonsense and suddenly this sounds like the best idea ever.

The moral of the story: Never count on rich people to do right by others as it is seldom within their best self-interest to do so.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 26, 2020

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It is in their best interests. Vince is a spiteful buffoon who makes constant wrong decisions that hurt his bottom line.

Like, don't sign Riddick Moss, pay to keep your other talent happier and more productive. You can't tell me "paying money to Riddick Moss" is a better use of money.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But what if Riddick Moss leaves WWE and turns out to be the next Kenny Omega? :ohdear:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The crazy thing is that most rich people want to be richer and they probably could be way richer if they just let the people they pay do what they’re good at. But I guess Vince doesn’t like money, someone should tell him that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Invalid Validation posted:

The crazy thing is that most rich people want to be richer and they probably could be way richer if they just let the people they pay do what they’re good at. But I guess Vince doesn’t like money, someone should tell him that.

The thing that matters more to Vince than money is control. He will pay any amount of money he thinks will do the trick in order to have, what he believes, is control over something or someone important. Hence the Brock deal. He thinks that by paying Brock millions of dollars to ruin his TV show, he has "control" over Brock, which is, to Vince, equivalent to "getting back at" Brock for leaving WWE 2 years into a monster push and actually beating their ridiculous illegal contracts 15 years ago.

With all billionaires obviously money is more important than the lives of other people but to Vince it's a tool to exert control. He's also happy to piss away money just to spite someone if he thinks it'd be funny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/1232784119815397379?s=20
https://twitter.com/wordsbig80s/status/1232789038328942592

altpost if you're choosing a free show with Mansoor on it over Jon Moxley winning the competition's world title, :laffo: and :getout: respectively

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Even if you're a WWE fan the main events are a WWE guy vs WWE guy and a WWE guy against his protege the most beautiful WWE 80s heel time traveler ever. That's just throwing Evolve into the wood chipper and laughing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Jimcoppo/status/1232784512553279489

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stealing literal dozens, heck maybe a hundred, of viewers.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

if someone would rather watch EVOLVE saturday night instead of the AEW ppv, they deserve exactly what they get

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

WWE Backstage didn't crack the Top 150 cable shows last night.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Add another video to the pile of why WWE should pay for talent transportation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD7t-bsjX7o

13 hours in 2 days, including incredibly late at night during a heavy snowstorm.

Paying for their transportation won’t fix having to travel in snow.

There is also no difference between a $500,000 contract without travel paid for and a $480,000 contract with a $20,000 stipend for travel. Actually, I would also assume that the latter is worse because then its employer reimbursed travel that you can’t write off on your taxes as an independent contractor.

Are you saying that talent should have personal drivers?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You hire a tour bus, that would be a lot more economical. Or you know take some of the billion dollars in blood money and pay for plane tickets. Or you know not have so many loving shows to break your talent on.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alternately: Devote more than 8% of your operating costs to your workers. That's at least the number MRT got from Dave but that was over a year ago so I don't know what's changed.
All I know is that's pathetic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spiderdrake posted:

Even if you're a WWE fan the main events are a WWE guy vs WWE guy and a WWE guy against his protege the most beautiful WWE 80s heel time traveler ever. That's just throwing Evolve into the wood chipper and laughing.

The best part is the poster for the event, with Keith Lee, Rhea Ripley & Tommasso Ciampa front & centre. Despite them only being there for a Meet & Greet. Oh Gabe you carny motherfucker, you learned well from Heyman.

"Only In EVOLVE
Mansoor vs. Curt Stallion"

For comparison, the card for EVOLVE 45, from 2015

EVOLVE & DGUSA Championship Match
Drew Galloway defends vs.Timothy Thatcher

Roderick Strong vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

EVOLVE 43 Rematch
Chris Hero vs. Trevor Lee

Special Challenge Match #3
Anthony Nese w/ The Premier Athlete Brand vs. Andrew Everett

Special Challenge Match #2
Trent Baretta w/ The Premier Athlete Brand vs. Rich Swann

Special Challenge Match #1
Caleb Konley w/ The Premier Athlete Brand vs. Gary Jay

It is impressive how EVOLVE used to be legitimately great.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

The best part is the poster for the event, with Keith Lee, Rhea Ripley & Tommasso Ciampa front & centre. Despite them only being there for a Meet & Greet. Oh Gabe you carny motherfucker, you learned well from Heyman.

"Only In EVOLVE
Mansoor vs. Curt Stallion"

For comparison, the card for EVOLVE 45, from 2015

EVOLVE & DGUSA Championship Match
Drew Galloway defends vs.Timothy Thatcher

Roderick Strong vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

EVOLVE 43 Rematch
Chris Hero vs. Trevor Lee

Special Challenge Match #3
Anthony Nese w/ The Premier Athlete Brand vs. Andrew Everett

Special Challenge Match #2
Trent Baretta w/ The Premier Athlete Brand vs. Rich Swann

Special Challenge Match #1
Caleb Konley w/ The Premier Athlete Brand vs. Gary Jay

It is impressive how EVOLVE used to be legitimately great.

Meanwhile the card for this free show going against AEW:

Josh Briggs defends the EVOLVE title against Anthony Greene (with Brandi Lauren) in an Anything Goes match
AR Fox & Leon Ruff (with Ayla) vs. Adrian Alanis & Liam Gray in a tag title #1 contendership match
Only In EVOLVE - Mansoor vs. Curt Stallion
Special Challenge Match - JD Drake vs. Brendan Vink
Grudge Match -Joe Gacy vs. Colby Corino
Grudge Match - Brandi Lauren vs. Avery Taylor
Special Challenge Match - Harlem Bravado vs. Denzel Dejournette
Special Attraction Match - Jessi Kamea vs. Alex $ky

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I literally recognise one name on that card.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Lid posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I think I recognise 7 but one of them is Mansoor and I only know him because of his rep of being a Shithead. And Colby Corino is notable for being Steve Corino's kid. Harlem Bravado was on one of the NJPW New Beginning in USA shows last year, the tour where all the Japanese except Great Okarn didn't get visas

Pretty sure AR Fox is the only one I've seen wrestle

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
JD Drake is one of the worst wrestlers in the world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I recognize three (Mansoor the dipshit, AR Fox from other better indies, and Steve Corino's son who once got arrested three times in six months)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 27, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ar fox why are you there.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I've been to some recent-ish EVOLVE shows because it's fun to go to live wrestling and my friends who are still dubious about NJPW and AEW and really anything not under the WWE umbrella go, so I recognize most of these names.

Josh Briggs is an extremely replacement level young Big Man.

Anthony Greene allegedly has a great gimmick but reminds me too much of Peter Avalon to take very seriously, and his great gimmick just feels like someone half-saw some Joey Janela matches, but maybe I'm missing something.

Last I checked Leon Ruff and Adrian Alanis and Liam Gray are are part of The Skulk, a confusingly name stable that is basically AR Fox and students from his wrestling school. I don't know why they're called the Skulk, and it's one thing to almost name someone Adrian Adonis when they don't resemble each other at all and Adrian Adonis has been dead for thirty years. It's another thing to have Lio Rush/Leon Ruff effectively working for the same company, especially when they're both high energy flippy skinny young black dudes.

AR Fox is AR Fox, and if nothing else is getting all of his students some decent exposure by continuing to do Evolve.

Curt Stallion was honestly my favorite guy on the shows I saw, I don't know what his deal is exactly but he's had about 50% Orange Cassidy ennui vibes and 50% "the guy at the gas station who warns you not to go to that old abandoned summer camp" in the first act of a horror movie, with sort of a half-assed cowboy aesthetic on top of that.

Joe Gacy and JD Drake both look and wrestle like they wouldn't be out of place on a NWA Mountain State deathmatch special. Colby Corino is Steve Corino's kid and the biggest impression he made on me during the shows was when he was very respectfully talking to some folks in the crowd who appear to just be his dad's friends who came out to see Steve's kid wrestle.

And Harlem Bravado I barely recognized from when him and his brother/"brother"(?) did what amounted to a Napoleon Dynamite tag team in ROH like ten years ago, I had no idea he was ever in NJPW.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
poo poo that just made me realize AEW PPV is this week and the go home show is in 45 mins :hellyeah:

and lol Super Showdown is tomorrow at 1pm EST

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

Last I checked Leon Ruff and Adrian Alanis and Liam Gray are are part of The Skulk, a confusingly name stable that is basically AR Fox and students from his wrestling school. I don't know why they're called the Skulk, and it's one thing to almost name someone Adrian Adonis when they don't resemble each other at all and Adrian Adonis has been dead for thirty years. It's another thing to have Lio Rush/Leon Ruff effectively working for the same company, especially when they're both high energy flippy skinny young black dudes.

I have an answer to the Skulk thing! They (Ruff & Alanis) did the Original WrestleSplainia where they explained their gimmick and background. They were trying to come up with a collective noun to call their group as hanger's on for AR Fox matches and landed on skulk, which is a group of foxes, and thought it fit both their deal as well as the fact they "skulked" around ringside during AR Fox matches.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Paying for their transportation won’t fix having to travel in snow.

There is also no difference between a $500,000 contract without travel paid for and a $480,000 contract with a $20,000 stipend for travel. Actually, I would also assume that the latter is worse because then its employer reimbursed travel that you can’t write off on your taxes as an independent contractor.

Are you saying that talent should have personal drivers?

lol what the gently caress. yes, yes they should. if every talent on the tour got a personal assistant it wouldn't make a loving deeeeeent in their bottom line

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bayleyreporterinterview.gif

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

“Oh I’m sorry if everything I said led you to believe it were terrible unfair working conditions. It’s actually the exact opposite”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bayley and Xavier both having a period in the last 6 months when they realize in realtime their travel methods are viewed as archaic by literally everyone else with a pulse who Vince and HHH haven't gotten to

"This billion dollar company couldn't survive if our employees we won't even call employees had any financial assistance for traveling to our shows less and less people are going to"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

I've heard of a Brandi

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

wrong thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/tkkjj

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

ban whoever says that nxt has the best women division. thats bush league

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

ban whoever says that nxt has the best women division. thats bush league

NXT has the best women's division.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

ban whoever says that nxt has the best women division

:agreed:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Charlotte is just loving terrible. That's all there is to it.

Also for those of you who were hoping for NXT to broadcast from the IMPACT ZONE, I have bad news for you:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1232865453908877312
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1232867548372357121

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

im glad vincent kennedy mcmahon took wrestling out of smoke filled bingo halls so he could run it in a fake university that looks like a bingo hall

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Luckily 7 time WWE Women’s champion Charlotte Flair managed to save that match from Bianca Belairs shoddy work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of NXT, they announced a #1 NXT Women's Championship Contender's match for Takeover. No word on if its going to be 1 on 1 or multiwoman though.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/nxt-takeover-tampa/article/nxt-womens-title-no-1-contenders-ladder-match-preview