Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Elviscat posted:

Oh man, I went hiking down at Penrose point this week, and man the Key Penninsula is pretty, and isolated.

Let me know if you need anything, tools, labor or a beer, I'm just up the road in Port Orchard.

Come on down, I'm not sure on exact schedule but I'll send you the address and I plan to be there basically the whole time except Bainbridge island and a junkyard run in Tacoma tomorrow for some parts for my brother's Ranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I'm in the process of re-learning how to drive ArcGIS again... I last did anything with it 13 years ago so this is kinda painful.

I swear that they've made some steps on this deliberately difficult just to keep the plebs out.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

My wife is having a girl's day at a winery with her friends and one of them took an Uber that was a "new mustang" as she put it and now she's on Cargurus sending me links to Mustangs for sale and suggesting that instead of an economy car.

I think she may have had a bit of wine.
Ive never taken an uber before but I would've thought they would require you to have a four door car. Little bit of googling says yeah theres a loophole to get a 2nd car added on your account without a 4 door requirement but as soon as someone complains that person is probably done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I took one in Alabama and it was an extended cab truck with just the jump seats.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I took one in Alabama and it was an extended cab truck with just the jump seats.

When Robin Leach was still alive and doing "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," he ate at a restaurant I worked at. It was a locally famous place in Akron, Ohio and one of it's specialties was sauerkraut balls. When he tasted the sauerkraut balls, Leach's comment was "How Akron."

I'll turn the same phrase and say "How Alabama."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

When Robin Leach was still alive and doing "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," he ate at a restaurant I worked at. It was a locally famous place in Akron, Ohio and one of it's specialties was sauerkraut balls. When he tasted the sauerkraut balls, Leach's comment was "How Akron."

I'll turn the same phrase and say "How Alabama."

This is probably the best story ever told in AI.

It appears that LYFT has no actual standards.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Rhyno posted:

My wife is having a girl's day at a winery with her friends and one of them took an Uber that was a "new mustang" as she put it and now she's on Cargurus sending me links to Mustangs for sale and suggesting that instead of an economy car.

I think she may have had a bit of wine.
Buy one before she sobers up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilkhan posted:

Buy one before she sobers up.

We've been chatting about it since I got home this morning. It appears to still be an option.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rhyno posted:

We've been chatting about it since I got home this morning. It appears to still be an option.

Make sure your liability insurance is good enough to cover your average crowd of pedestrians and :getin:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Rhyno posted:

If it's still an option why are you still talking? Go buy one. They're fun as hell.

Hell, even with a kid on the way my wife is semi-encouraging me to look at buying another one (used) to replace the truck that replaced my 16 GT. I suppose it's cheaper than the model Y I want, but ultimately a whole different type of vehicle.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 1, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got a few debts I want to pay off, need to sell the MS6 and the Miata and then we're a go.

Edit: poo poo, I haven't driven the new one. I drove a 2014 last year but I never got around to the SS550.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 1, 2020

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
New episode of Binky is out. No turbo? Those bastards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8DYQIuW9Y

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

The Prong Song posted:

I happen to be wearing my Bad Obsession hoodie today. I love that these guys are accelerating and releasing an episode more or less monthly now.

In other news I tried to buy a GLS 63 AMG yesterday but the MB dealer didn’t have their poo poo together, so I’ll try again tomorrow I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Unrelated: Trying to restart an intermittent fasting routine on a 3rd shift schedule is not fun.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Unrelated: Trying to restart an intermittent fasting routine on a 3rd shift schedule is not fun.

:hfive: Nothing on 3rd shift is fun. I was almost over the crud I've had since Tuesday by Thursday but dealing with Mom's hip hosed up my sleep schedule and now it's like it caught a second wind and I'm still hacking poo poo up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

:hfive: Nothing on 3rd shift is fun.

Truth. Except the lack of competition for OT. Nobody wants to work 3rd and even fewer people want to spend their weekends at work.

I hope your mom's hip heals okay and i hope you can get some rest.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Truth. Except the lack of competition for OT. Nobody wants to work 3rd and even fewer people want to spend their weekends at work.

I hope your mom's hip heals okay and i hope you can get some rest.

Thanks dude :)

Hospital did end up keeping her until today, at least that's the last I heard from her (since the initial crisis I've been letting dayside family people handle the process other than caring for her dog).

Today is definitely a me-only day. Gonna laze around the house and maybe finish my new Skyrim install while sipping on honey lemon whiskey tea.

Speaking of whiskey, since when has it been the best nasal decongestant in the world?! I took a sip the other morning just to gargle with for my sore throat and I swear I heard an audible crinkling noise in my sinuses as they opened up like the pearly gates. I heard horns. I am no joke carrying around my 8oz flask with me just having a half-ounce nip every hour or so and it's amazing.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 1, 2020

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
If it’s Fireball you’re drinking, it’s probably the anti-freeze going to work

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

slothrop posted:

If it’s Fireball you’re drinking, it’s probably the anti-freeze going to work

It's actually some local whiskey :q: Dude has a nice still in his garage and ages it himself. The current batch I'm drinking is only a year old but tastes better than a ton of the poo poo you typically see in the $30-$50 range. He says it's about 80-90 proof. I paid $25 for a quart of the stuff and don't regret a single penny.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Beach Bum posted:

It's actually some local whiskey :q: Dude has a nice still in his garage and ages it himself. The current batch I'm drinking is only a year old but tastes better than a ton of the poo poo you typically see in the $30-$50 range. He says it's about 80-90 proof. I paid $25 for a quart of the stuff and don't regret a single penny.

Noice! If he’s using small barrels or just oak-chipping it it’s probably ready after a year anyways, provided what’s coming off the still is good.

At the end of the day, if you like the taste and it’s not making you go blind, that’s a win!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Follow up number Nth to my e/n post... awesome installer texted me that he got the flu poo poo that rocked me the past few days. :eng99:

Edit:
It's a Jeep thing... nobody understands.

https://jeepe-bike.com/

SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 1, 2020

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

meatpimp posted:

It's a Jeep thing... nobody understands.

https://jeepe-bike.com/

SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS

ɯooɹ ʎɔuǝƃɹǝɯǝ ʇsǝɹɐǝu ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝɯ ɹǝʇdoɔᴉlǝɥ oʇ ǝnɔsǝɹ puɐ ɥɔɹɐǝs llɐɔ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Posted the Honda for sale tonight. Begin the string of "what's the lowest you'll take" bullshit.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I didn’t know Jeep stickers were $3000.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Prong Song posted:

Holy poo poo the Turbo Yoda (Al) appearance

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You Am I posted:

I wonder if that's related to the quite critical safety device discussed at the end of the video.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

I wonder if that's related to the quite critical safety device discussed at the end of the video.

Almost certainly. It's also fairly noticable four / five more serious and successful channels- BOM / MCM / Skid Factory / Cleetus / Finnegan - respect each other deeply and admire what they have done.

Yeah I know I mentioned Cleetus but come on, Cleetus is a character that Garrettt plays up to now and the poo poo they are doing is top level. Especially buying a goddamn RACETRACK

Thinking of MCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwkRezdXR5Y

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

You Am I posted:

I haven't watched the Binky yet but Turbo Yoda was plastering one of his cars in B.O.M stickers in an episode of the Skid factory I watched the other week so if this has happened it is no surprise :)

Also - where is the March thread?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tomarse posted:

Your turn to make one :)

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

The Prong Song posted:

Loved the Skid Factory cameos.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Tomarse posted:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Your turn to make one :)

:frogsiren: NEW THREAD :frogsiren:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Coincidentally, I finally got around to supporting the boys a bit:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Last!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
No you aren't

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nope!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

SMDFTB

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Still going

MomJeans420