Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

In the 1960s players did play with arm slings and casts in playoff games too.

The Maestro posted:

Maybe [Knicks fans] should try not attending games at a top 10 clip?

:hmmyes:

euphronius posted:

I’m doing a new thing where i only watch the games on replay if they win I am much more calm

For optimal health many learned doctors recommend watching your team on live television only when they maintain a WP% of 73% or better.

DeimosRising posted:

He posted in the CineD movies you’ve seen recently thread so he’s around

The Maestro posted:

Excellent thank you

That was before the accident. Rick has not posted since before the helicopter accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

What the gently caress
How did Joel Embiid go 1/11 in an NBA game

His hand is still hosed up. He should be sitting.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Let us all remember that it's a week later and Kawhi has still not left that strip club.

euphronius posted:

Will the Kobe podcasts ever end ?

Give it a few years.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm not quite following the whole "Kobe was the third best player on his team" thing. Glen Rice was pretty washed up by the time he made his way to the Lakers

Referencing the fact that Kobe was third in GmSc in the 2000 NBA finals behind Shaq and Ron Harper.

I wonder if this is a one year thing or supposed to be permanent.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Oh no...

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1223836244108550144

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

How did you get video of every pickup game I've ever played in

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

I made a big list a few years back

Steph Curry
Kobe Bryant
OJ Mayo
Channing Frye
Darvin Ham
Carmelo Anthony
Brandon Bass
Allen Crabbe
Seth Curry
Jeremy Lamb
Glen Rice (jr)
Spud Webb
Herb Williams
John Salmons
Tyson Chandler

Ben McDonald
Glenn McDonald
Michael McDonald
Roderick McDonald

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are the nuggets the first team to have every dressed player (10+) finish in double digits?

Nine Nuggets finished with 10+ points. Here are five games where all ten players finished with 10+ points:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/196212070CHZ.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/197012220TEX.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/197601090DNA.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198003300SEA.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199411230PHO.html

verbal enema posted:

saw someone on my FB feed say he was killed by pharmaceutical companies and or to distract from the impeachment

Many are now saying Kobe Bryant was a powerful warlock who was to distract from that one impeachment thing and to make China forget about that Morey Twitter post. One of the beautiful things about humans is that many will believe anything they hear and/or read with a beautiful childlike curiosity like a sponge or wet cement. Simultaneously a source of great strength and great weakness.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 2, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Sixers are absolute dogshit. I tuned in after the Flyers game, saw the score, and basically watched a couple more minutes of the second half when they were down 15+ before turning it off.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
In the early game today PG13 got whacked in the left eye by Convington, as PG13 was making his way to the bench Dr Williams did a quick eye test:

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Dame is not fair right now

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

MelancholyMark posted:

Yeah, this is insane

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Blac Chyna Slams Kylie Jenner for Taking Dream on Kobe Bryant's Helicopter, 'Using' His Death
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blac-chyna-slams-kylie-jenner-201904662.html

IcePhoenix posted:

Crazy detailed account of what happened from a guy who happened to be outside near where the crash was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28QYy8lrww8

Some quotes that stuck out from the hundreds of articles I've read:

"When it struck the ground, the helicopter was flying at about 184mph and descending at a rate of more than 4,000 feet per minute, the data showed."

"If you’re flying visually, if you get caught in a situation where you can’t see out the windshield, the life expectancy of the pilot and the aircraft is maybe 10, 15 seconds, and it happens all the time, and it’s really a shame," Waldman said."

"David Hoeppner, an expert on helicopter design, said he won’t fly on helicopters."

bornbytheriver posted:

Serendipitously scoring 54 points on 23 shots and 10 FTAs. That comes out to 26.6 NP for Kyrie Irving. The most in a single game in NBA/ABA history. Passing Kobe Bryant and David Thompson who were tied with a 26.2 total.

Congratulations are due. The Archons/Reptilians are smiling tonight. Kyrie Irving: scholar, freethinker, gadfly, Renaissance man, a man for all seasons etc. etc. Nearly shooting 23for23 in a single night. NP single-game champion of the universe. Possibly the multiverse.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 2, 2020

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dejan Bimble posted:

What the gently caress
How did Joel Embiid go 1/11 in an NBA game

Ah, how soon we forget what the Raptors did to the man.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

So how long does Step Curay need for this broken bone in his hand

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

MrMojok posted:

So how long does Step Curay need for this broken bone in his hand

March

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
If it turns out Rick was Kobe this whole time I’m going to be extremely upset

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
While I realize that Embiids finger is still hurting, if you are one of the Top Ten players in the league and you are cleared to play you should be able to figure out a way to be at least a net positive on the court against Daniel Theis and a pudgy 6'6" rookie.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lmao
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8DFAbvhK1k/

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

bornbytheriver posted:

In the early game today PG13 got whacked in the left eye by Convington, as PG13 was making his way to the bench Dr Williams did a quick eye test:

This is a league of learned doctors

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/1223859882916319232?s=19

Big love

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jaylen Brown did some Robert Johnson deal with the devil poo poo this offseason to improve his handles

https://streamable.com/2qosp

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jaylen Brown did some Robert Johnson deal with the devil poo poo this offseason to improve his handles

https://streamable.com/2qosp

He went down to the crossover

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
For a split second i thought the clippers had retired his jersey already and it just checked out as absurd/thirsty but possible

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Just wait til this guy learns what JFK’s secretary was named

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I hope Zion just annihilates the Rockets

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

mike conley started out 8/11 for 19 points and finished 9/20 for 22 points

woof

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that's me playing 2k

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MelancholyMark posted:

Don't worry, Melo got this.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

They’re 3-3 with wins over Detroit, Cleveland, and Charlotte in that span so maybe don’t rush yourself

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zogo posted:

That was before the accident. Rick has not posted since before the helicopter accident.

Hm drat. I read it after and I’m a solipsist so I didn’t check the time stamp

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kyrie isos are actually fun to watch

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Algund Eenboom posted:

Just wait til this guy learns what JFK’s secretary was named

Idgi what numerological significance does 80 have here? 08 backwards? He didn’t wear 08. One less than 81?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I've wanted to ask some BIG questions and I'm hoping our community of learned doctors can help.
are all points created equal? And is there a way to find out if a player is primarily scoring against less competitive opponents as a result of the score/context? Or does it even matter because over the course of the season it equals out assuming they have a high usage?
I just think about how the Raptors have had a stretch against some bad teams and it's clear that they don't try as hard and that they often let their bench guys play longer minutes once they go up 15+. Are the points scored against greener defenders like Chris Boucher and Terrance Davis (who admittedly, are still future hall of famers) really equal in demonstrating a player's value as the points scored against Gasol and Lowry?

if we just use points scored and efficiency, is a player who scores 27ppg on 50% always better than a guy who scores 24ppg on 47% shooting (assume equal usage) or is there a way to find out if the context of those numbers give one player an easier time?

BWV fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 2, 2020

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

mrnoun posted:

He went down to the crossover

:golfclap:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
When you're trying to get that new contract, all points matter just the same.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BWV posted:

I've wanted to ask some BIG questions and I'm hoping our community of learned doctors can help.
are all points created equal? And is there a way to find out if a player is primarily scoring against less competitive opponents as a result of the score/context? Or does it even matter because over the course of the season it equals out assuming they have a high usage?
I just think about how the Raptors have had a stretch against some bad teams and it's clear that they don't try as hard and that they often let their bench guys play longer minutes once they go up 15+. Are the points scored against greener defenders like Chris Boucher and Terrance Davis (who admittedly, are still future hall of famers) really equal in demonstrating a player's value as the points scored against Gasol and Lowry?

if we just use points scored and efficiency, is a player who scores 27ppg on 50% always better than a guy who scores 24ppg on 47% shooting (assume equal usage) or is there a way to find out if the context of those numbers give one player an easier time?

RPM tries to control for this. Your team doing well against better defenders, or you playing well with worse teammates counts for more.

Turns out it mostly doesn't matter but there is always some interesting tidbits in that.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Honestly thought about going to the game last night but tickets were like $150 each. SDSU is a hot ticket right now

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

Hm drat. I read it after and I’m a solipsist so I didn’t check the time stamp

He messaged me this morning that he's ok.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

His hand is still hosed up. He should be sitting.

At least he was 9/9 from the free throw line

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

At least he was 9/9 from the free throw line

hes always been al jefferson with a friendly whistle smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dame with two 50 pt/10 ast games within a week is crazy. Two points from doing it on back-to-back nights.