Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

How come X-Wings and Y-Wings need astromech droids, but A-Wings and B-Wings don't?

Are there are other -Wings that require astromech droids?

A-Wings and B-Wings had navicomputers built in (being newer ships), X-Wings and Y-Wings didn't and so needed the R2s to calculate hyperspace jumps.

I think E-Wings had astromechs too because pilots disliked not having them on board to provide repairs and someone to talk to on long flights. No idea about the K-Wing, but that thing was so big I wouldn't be surprised if it had one just as a backup or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

SlothfulCobra posted:

Of course, in the old EU any goddamn crystal would work, so Luke's new jedi could use old family heirlooms and junk.

I seem to recall that occasionally newbie Jedi would fry their first lightsabers by putting in crappy crystals, so you obviously couldn't just huck a chunk of quartz in there and go to town. I think Corran Horn killed his once by using cubic zirconium, thinking it was a real diamond (he pulled it off of some pirate treasure or something).

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I always kinda liked the idea that Tatooine was the human homeworld. I think that was implied in KotOR.