Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's sad/hilarious they the Z-Team BioWare punished with making Andromeda while everyone else crunched to the point of mental collapse to try and make Anthem just cut the Elcor, Volus, Hanar, Drell, and Quarians out of the game completely because :effort: and were going to add them in as DLC but EA killed it when it was clear the game was a flop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lazy Fair posted:

I forgot just how terrible Jack's default outfit was. Back when I was playing a ton of ME2 I figured out how to mod the game to set her DLC outfit as the default, which makes her a radical cyberpunk spacebiker.

Miranda's DLC look was also way cooler.

One of the texture upscale mods for Mass Effect 2 on PC has options that lets you tweak certain characters' outfits and it has the decency to turn Jack's default look into a tank top

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

I'm the hero and Martin Sheen wasn't. Duh.

Yeah, Control works as an ending because you are Commander Motherfucking Shepard, that's why.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

And much like poop returning to the butthole, Star Trek Picard lifted the main conflict from Mass Effect for its halfhearted attempt at hoovering up Trek nerd dollars.

And it didn't even have the decency to copy the best scene from Mass Effect 1 and let Picard have a conversation with Sovereign.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

I mean, I was totally fine with just "they consume species to reproduce," as ME2 implied. I didn't really need a reason why they needed to limit themselves to FTL capable (and thus threatening) races, although I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to conjure one, or like you say just leave it an enigma.

I'd like to think the Reapers are basically just massive gardeners and their job is to make sure the universe doesn't run out of resources too quickly, so they let civilizations reach the point where they can colonize other worlds and go "okay, that's enough living for you, now let someone else have a turn" and just wipe the slate clean before any one cycle of civilizations can cannibalize every usable resource in the galaxy. Then every few cycles they move the mass relays around and change what star clusters they connect with to give other emerging races a chance to use them in line with that "your civilization develops along the paths we desire" thing. Like farmer letting a field go fallow for a season or two to keep it from being ruined by continued farming.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They don’t call him the cereal killer for nothing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

Plus a dude goes all stolen valor on you if you wear actual N7 armor in the game.

This is why I appreciate that there’s a mod out there that turns it from black and red to white and blue and swaps the N7 badge out for an Andromeda Initiative logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Enkindle THIS!