Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Mass Effect 3 should have cut and rolled credits when Anderson dies next to you.

In fact, when I played for the first time, I was monitoring the ME3 thread on these very forums and people were saying the ending was bad, and I thought the scene was going to end with both Shepard and Anderson dead and they'd give us a blurb about how you sacrificed yourself to save the galaxy and the thingie worked and yay! I hadn't read the spoilers but I was prepared to defend the ending I thought they'd go for. I thought they might not actually show what the thingie did and just tell us it worked because they couldn't come up with an explanation for what it was really supposed to be. I could see how that would ruffle feathers, and was prepared to discuss it.

Then "Shepard? Shepard? We can't get the thing to work?"

And the next ten minutes made me one of those people still fuming about ME3 almost a decade later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Wild Horses posted:

explosive bullet + marksman + double heat sink in ME1. PAWPAWPAWPAWPAW*beepbeepbeep*

Explosive rounds and double Scram Rails on a sniper rifle effectively turns it into a rocket launcher with a reload time you'd expect except there's no reloading animation and you can just switch to your Ragdolling Shotgun, with Sledgehammer Rounds. They weren't technically the best, but they were certainly the most fun.