Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This should have been ported to Steam. It is so much better over the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They are Katamari's that evolved and gained sentience. None of them have any parents and are apparently latchkey kids.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
After the last game, I thought I would have more to roll up and instead got some worthless constellation. Thanks, King.
I don't see the big deal with rolling up roses when any flower will do. That and gnomes and deer make great substitutes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The principal used to say "detention detention" back in Katamari Damacy, but he just yells like everyone else in this game. That stood out for some reason.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Some fires are always worth starting.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
No wonder the King was on a bender last game.

Odeko is that guy at Kennywood who denied me the best rides for two years because I was too short. That one foot guy with a four foot hat.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think they all are unlocked, except for a little one after doing the very last mission. You just need to cycle them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I never was able to get the star on top of the Christmas tree or know if you can even pick it up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Latest video is lit, like that meteor.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Was that a thing for many 360 games and people were angry about it? The double dipping for stuff that is already on the game. I switched to PC for that generation. I guess with the way PC works, you are doing the same thing, by changing a 0 to a 1 to unlock it.

That panda level was great and shows how random trash can be worth something. Still better than public donations that won't make it to the cosmos.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I never got the hang of dashing in either game until the VERY LAST LEVEL. I thought my inputs were broken until that stage. Doing very well at the stages was a pipe dream.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was going to poo poo-talk your Katamari, but it really did have bears and cows in it.
Every time they show Beyond it is at an angle where it has one arm.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I didn't like the cloud level since the bigger clouds like to bully you into each other and that was before the upgrade. Just spending some time getting knocked around by something flexing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

C-Euro posted:

Can you get so big that it's no longer possible to roll up certain collectibles in a mission? I noticed that the cousin in the bird's mission was pretty small, does his model just despawn if you get too big?
Of course.

From what I remember about my time replaying the last mission and doomed to failure because I didn't know how to do the super roll: They were just about big enough to roll up a special character at the end, but still failed to get the King. The King is friggen huge in the last mission.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 26, 2020

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If you put the swimsuit on Drooby, does it instead grow a massive yellow pony tail and Saber?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A giant asteroid is headed towards Earth?
Ooh, sounds like fun!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am hearing lots of screaming somewhere but I can't place where it is coming from.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It took me 19 hours to roll them up and that was because I didn't master the spin dash. I could have shaved off a couple hours if I was able to chain dashes for several seconds and reload. There were several different dialogs with Rose as you hit a certain number of roses, where the King gets increasingly tired of roses, to where the both of them say one million roses and punts you to the stage.
I don't know if the new roses impacts certain stages that depend on what objects you pick up, but I was done with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think there is a hidden message in this game where if you click the moai or Japanese text(?) in sequence where you can listen to the objects you rolled up. There are six or so of the type.