Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
uggh

Stars give up the first goal for the 14th time in the most recent 16 games.

Usually a death sentence, fortunately Dallas has uniquely good goaltending which lets them survive these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

hmmm I didn't think it looked like it hit the netting, but on the Dallas broadcast they were talking about it like it was so sure.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Stars pretty bad, what else is new.

Minnesota dominates them every time they play, always look like a much more talented and better coached team. It's a mystery to everyone why these team's positions in the standings aren't reversed.

**in retrospect Polak and Oleksiak probably should not have been out there in the final minute of the game.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Stars kind of suck. They have a +7 goal differential on the season at this point.

This is the same team that let up 40+ shots in the last two games to Arizona and Ottawa. The difference between those nights and this one is our goaltender isn't bailing us out on the constant mistakes.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Jamie Benn's contract is bad and Paveski's isn't much better.

at least Pavelski is done after 2 more years. I have every confidence that Dallas will be able to move him back to San Jose or whatever before then.

When will Jim Nill learn to follow my rule? Whenever he wants to sign a player, don't sign that player.. instead sign somebody else.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

In 2 years I don"t know how much window is left for Dallas :(

we're the oldest roster in the NHL.. I'm guessing our "window" lasts as long as Ben Bishop does.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

huh the only reason the puck went in was because Hintz crashed into the goalie, I didn't think it was even a question that it shouldn't be a goal when that happens.. they are taking some look at this one though.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

that looked exactly like the kneeing call on Seguin from earlier.

What a surprise that the referees can't even be consistent inside the same period.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Dallas is clearly the 2nd best team out there, Boston is just so much more talented throughout their lineup.. They had about 5 near misses where pucks just about went in that period.

Even the Stars ultimate cheat code of having much better goaltending than everyone else is somewhat less impactful tonight, as Halak is drat good himself.

Well let's all hope for good luck for our Stars :(

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Starting to think the Stars aren't good against playoff teams

crazy

yeah I know what you mean..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Stars have such a good defense until they take on a team that has a serious shot at the cup and then they just get confused and fall down

they don't really have top talent on their team, so when they play a team with a star player or players, that line tends to completely dominate them. They do have a lot of nice depth players, but the NHL is a league where you need those 2 or 3 elite talents on your roster to play at the top level. For the same reasons I don't consider the New York Islanders or the Vegas Golden Knights top contenders for the cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

man, this latest skid reminds me a lot of the great collapse under Hitchcock in 2017 where the Stars couldn't buy a win for 10 games no matter how badly they outplayed the opposition..