Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pick posted:

Delenn: Of course it is. For the simple reason that no one else would ever build a place like this. Humans share one unique quality: They build communities.

Oh god, I found something like this recently. Up until a few weeks ago, people were RPing Dragon Ball Z in the livechat of a YouTube livestream of Clearwater Beach. I’d go look at the video to see what the weather was like there, watch some chill beach, and there in the livechat were Vegeta and Frieza doing things. I say until recently because they finally disabled the livechat. I hope they found another place. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I'm glad you go out into the great beyond and bring back these little tastes of obscure internet phenomena.

Not Tumblr but I recently ran across this incredible post about the adoptable community, which is essentially furry artists inventing species, people designing and roleplaying with members of that species using either their own or commissioned art, and (sometimes) the artists charging people money to be allowed to make characters of those species. And then of course there is drama and exploitation and soon you get The Furry That Sold For $20.5k.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
r/HobbyDrama is absolutely my most recent favorite thing—almost every single one is a blast. I'm sure someone is just about to start ripping it off with a podcast if they haven't already.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

showbiz_liz posted:

Not Tumblr but I recently ran across this incredible post about the adoptable community,

Oh dang, I think I stumbled across this once or twice on twitter. I was wondering that was all about.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Pick posted:

Delenn: Of course it is. For the simple reason that no one else would ever build a place like this. Humans share one unique quality: They build communities.

lmao, putting the Delenn quote at the end was *chef's kiss*