Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
How does Star Trek tumblr feel about Reginald Barclay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I'm on my phone so illl get back to the earlier comments because they take more time, but this ones pretty easy: they don't really care for him. They like that OBrien put a spider on him one time.

That's a shame, though I suppose not all that surprising.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Does Star Trek tumblr ever make reference to various Star Trek actors doing voices for Disney's Gargoyles?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm vaguely tempted to go with House 5 just to see if Tuvok eventually snaps and murders Neelix for real.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Verviticus posted:

the Vulcan Pride vulcan just came across as a mean guy

Was this the guy who challenged Sisko to a baseball game between crews, then got pissy when the DS9 crew was having fun in spite of the fact that they were losing?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

*looks up the name on Memory Alpha* Yeah, him.

Sorry, I didn't follow DS9 as closely as I did TNG and Voyager. It just never clicked for me. Most of what I know about it comes from looking stuff up about it on Memory Alpha or other websites.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Ace material in that one:

SOLOK: I fail to see why you are celebrating. The Ferengi's bunt was an accident. And you still lost the game.
SISKO: You are absolutely right. And I couldn't be happier. Quark, a round of drinks for the house on my tab.
QUARK: I'm way ahead of you, Captain.
SOLOK: You are attempting to manufacture a triumph where none exists.
KASIDY: I'd say he succeeded.
BASHIR: To manufactured triumphs.
SISKO: Manufactured triumph. Hear, hear!
NINERS: Hear, hear!

"Alright, Niners, let's hear some chatter."
"Hey, batter, batter, batter, batter, batter."
"Hey, batter, batter, batter, batter, batter, batter, batter."
"DEATH TO THE OPPOSITION!"

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Do you think Quark kept a copy of the unfinished draft of Photons Be Free despite it being recalled due to court order?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Since Worf is basically the ultimate Klingaboo who shot the moon and became the real thing, was there ever any TNG/DS9 ep where he met human Klingaboos? That is absolutely a plot you could expect them to do today.

In the Voyager episode where the Doctor created a holographic family for himself, B'Elanna Torres changes the program (with the Doctor's consent), and one of the things she does is make his son a Klingaboo.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I like to think that all Klingon professions are as performatively aggressive as their warriors, resulting in a lot of extremely furious dance offs/cook offs/thesis defences

I think that's pretty much what Klingon culture is supposed to be in a nutshell - they don't really care what your actual profession is as long as you treat it like you're warrior going to battle. A Klingon doctor curing a plague could easily frame her work as wiping out an invading army. Klingon janitor? You're securing the health and prosperity of your workplace by waging a war against filth and poor sanitation.

It's only when you choose to do your work like a non-Klingon way that it reflects badly on you and your family, like that one Voyager episode where B'Elanna was having visions of her mom being sent to Klingon hell because B'Elanna rejected her Klingon heritage.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Wasn't there an episode where Quark was trying to placate some dude from the Ferengi IRS, and at one point he says he'll cut back on vacation time for his employees, only for the IRS dude to be horrified that Quark even gave his employees vacation time at all?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Everything is canon, including the Spock helmet.

Even Threshold is now canon again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

:mods: