Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousCat posted:

link to source?

Actually, I just stumbled across the source, which was Kass's AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/33ndpm/kass_ama/cqmn8ew?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Apparently Jenna Lewis has a podcast, and in like episode 46 she revealed that Kelly Wigglesworth in season 1 was caught loving one of the cameramen in exchange for food, which is supposedly why she dominated the later challenges, and was the real reason why everyone was so angry at her at the finale.

Who knows if it's true, I feel like that would have come out a long time ago if it was.

I'm fairly certain I've heard that rumor for many years now (like, 10-15+).

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Jenna Lewis is also notoriously kind of a psycho so I don't take too much stock in her stories, but those early seasons were such uncharted waters that it surely could have happened. I can't imagine the crew members desperation to sleep with someone a month into survivor though, yikes.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Didn't J'tia burn all their rice in the fire before she was voted out or something?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She did, yeah.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Actually she poured the rice in the premiere before Garrett was voted out for being a bad strategist. J'tia was voted out later.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Generally I consider all parties in these Survivor rumor stuff unreliable narrators. Like its one thing if its allegations of abuse or racism or something but when its "X did better than me because they slept with someone/its rigged/whatever" I'm just showing myself the door.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yau Man announced on FB today that he suffered a minor heart attack but is otherwise ok.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

That sucks but glad he's ok. I'm actually in the middle of rewatching Fiji, it's a weird season but I canít get enough of challenge beast Yau-Man.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

#1 CAPITALS FAN
Available on the App Store

STAC Goat posted:

Generally I consider all parties in these Survivor rumor stuff unreliable narrators. Like its one thing if its allegations of abuse or racism or something but when its "X did better than me because they slept with someone/its rigged/whatever" I'm just showing myself the door.

Kass is particularly unreliable. She makes a lot of excuses for herself and her gameplay.

Edit: I hope Yau-Man gets well soon.

Simone Magus
Sep 29, 2020

I love Yau Man

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

BGrifter posted:

sportsline / cbs access deal

I got dinged for $99.99 instead of the $9.99 promo deal, and reached out to CS this morning. Just an FYI for anyone else who jumped on this deal, might want to check your statements.

pumped up for school fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 4, 2021

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

#1 CAPITALS FAN
Available on the App Store

pumped up for school posted:

I got dinged for $99.99 instead of the $9.99 promo deal, and reached out to CS this morning. Just an FYI for anyone else who jumped on this deal, might want to check your statements.

Deal might be over so Iím going to edit my post to be safe. If you wouldnít mind nuking the quote text thatíd be great.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Deal might be over so Iím going to edit my post to be safe. If you wouldnít mind nuking the quote text thatíd be great.

They refunded the $90 w/o any hassle (took a few days to clear). Thanks for the heads up on the deal! I had no clue about the CBS Access lineup. This was the only streaming service where we can blast Nick cartoons all day. From down the hall, I think I've heard the same episode of the Mighty B about 10 times now.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sand Monster posted:

I'm fairly certain I've heard that rumor for many years now (like, 10-15+).
yeah same. I heard blowjobs for food for like a decade now but not anywhere that makes it sound like anything more than a rumor

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sad but expected news

https://twitter.com/survivorpenner/status/1348839518854545409?s=21

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

Penner's wife. Terrible news.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah if you had been following his documentation of her situation it was clear this was fast approaching but still, it's really sad.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Incredibly sad news to wake up to.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

He will know I am near when he hears the screams of my enemies.

She survived 2 years past the time the doctors gave her, too. She was a real fighter.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rewatching one of the random seasons Netflix has left, Cagayan. I forgot how early on the rice burning happened. The brain tribe disaster is just a slow trainwreck that dominates the early season.

Anyway, writing because I had forgotten one of the funniest reasons a player has quit their season: "Trish is too annoying."

edit: Hah lot of weird moments I forgot. LJ and Tony both blowing idols on eachother for no reason

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

What really bums me out about Penner and his wife, beyond the obvious, is the effect Covid will have on any memorial services. If they're in California all the worse, our memorial chapels are all full of the deceased at this point, so the complications with the services and remains will just add good red tapey fun to the already-horrible gut punch.

I know that doesn't quite make the Penners special these days, but still