Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pony: Parvati. Seasons with her around are just more fun.

Poison: Adam, whose super power is being annoying even while crying for legitimately sympathetic situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think EoE this season is fine... unless He Who Has No Name wins after a stay on juryjury island. Then it will be perfect.

Anyone watch Episode 0?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 7, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I liked it, I think it would be a good primer for someone aware of Survivor but hadn't gave a poo poo about it in ages. A higher production youtube compilation of good moments.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

I still find it kinda silly that US Survivor has been staying in Fiji for years to save costs but their challenge budget looks way worse than Australian Survivor.

US has better editing, but that is about the only thing I think they do better these days.

I can't say for a season longs worth of editing leading up to a conclusion, but the first half dozen or so eps I watched of Aus Survivor last season... it blew US production out of the water. Each contestant got like an individual epic slow mo highlight to introduce them. In Survivor we're lucky to get a 10 second montage of vague b-roll of the contestant.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Starting tomorrow, are there more or less Survivor seasons than there are years you have lived? Of the years you have lived, what percentage of them have been years where you intentionally watched Survivor? How many times have you thought about trying to get on, have you ever actually tried? In one number, how would you express your feelings about Survivor?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

Wanted to apply in the early seasons but Canadians were not allowed.
Before Survivor, Mark Burnett produced the Discovery Eco-Challenge, which was an insanely difficult adventure race through harsh terrain, and I applied to be on the support crew but the series was discontinued.

That's actually surprising to me. I'm pretty sure even the President of the US is technically allowed to be a Canadian. I also would've assumed every third player was a Canadian, just going off of movies and TV where I think it's mandated every other actor be Canadian.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Building a family is like being ashes lol

These shots of crates blowing up aren't doing it for me.

Okay, island shot zoom out, I was kind of hoping for a helicopter stunt.

Pre-game pregame!! Yes.

"A drink before war is always a good idea!"

Very interesting they outright pre-placed them, that must've been tough to sort out production wise. Just navigating all the behind the scenes friendships.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 13, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This is the perfect season to jump back into if you've ever watched any season.

I wonder how many of these people are actual millionaires right now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Strong Cop!

Rob thinking Rob In Peace.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look, nobody can have a good time with a cop watching over their shoulder. Get both of them outs asap

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ben really stuck his boot in his mouth in short order.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ben never ceases to amaze with the dumbass moves.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Interesting Denise is still using the "lost" conceit, I don't think anyone is fooled by that.

In 100% of past seasons with Extinction Island, the winner was someone voted off very early. Second charming boot is like picking a losers bracket winner.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

curiousCat posted:

I don't think it's a lie lol

lol in that case, what a goob!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oohhh okay, I remember why I don't recognize Michelle. she shoulda been Aubrey

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jeremy the Ring Master. Glad Parv is safe!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ambuh! We hardly knew ye

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm a bit surprised how all the old school players just feel shocked at the new pace.

I'm not. Olde seasons were way more about slow burns, they usually had like 3 or so days together to build camp and become a tribe before any tribal actions start going down. There was more "social experiment" type stuff going on.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 13, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What the gently caress CBS. How you going to go from Survivor Premiere to some dipshit murdering a sex worker.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Also, Tyson rules

This is perfect in every way. I am hoping Tyson makes it pretty far, he's too good to waste on extinction.

And right now, I think Ben actually is doing okay. His colossal doofery this early almost guarantees him that funky position of someone so bad he actually snakes by while juicier targets get put before him. Plus, as far as tribe idiots goes, we have had much worse.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It was the first podcast of his I listened to in full. It sounded more like a big Survivor after show reunion or something. It was fun I guess, though sometimes names would be dropped or voices that I didn't recognize so some of it got lost on me. Who is "Shooby?"

After I listened to 3/4 his 10 year anniversary episode of the history of the show. So, probably the 2 least helpful episodes to watch to get an idea of what RHAP is like, but I'll give them a shot this season as they come up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

Shooby is from the Netflix show The Circle. It is very good and worth watching

Really? I'll check it out. I've seen it on Netflix and almost clicked it just because Mila Kunis in the thumbnail but figured it was just some generic reality junk. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any Shoob action.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

I hate to break it to you but it's not Mila Kunis.

Okay, you're right but in my defense in a thumbnail you scroll past while navigating to star trek it could be her!

edit: Oh my god. I'm sold on this show by Chris. Hood Spiritualist Hustler from Dallas kicked the absurdity right up to the perfect level right off the bat. Thanks for the rec.
edit2: Ok, I am enjoying this so far. So was this Shuby guy there at the RHAP then or just being referenced?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 15, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
P.S. Finished The Circle. What a fun show! Oddly, of all the cast, the one I want to see on Survivor is the one I liked least. Let's get Seaburn on the island!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Seems like she's upset that he deliberately assured her he wasn't appearing, so that she could not prepare or plan for that situation. If he knows people are going to be pre-gaming, it could be in his interest to not let a threat like Sandra know so she won't be going around making deals to maybe get Rob out. It also means that she wasn't able to plan or make deals with Rob. She also said Rob said Amber wasn't playing either!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Plus she knows what kinds of moments and drama will get airplay.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Could it also be that they are playing Big Brain Checkers to both spread the idea that they aren't working together?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't remember Sophie much, but I'm digging her casual deviousness with Kim's goofy idol spill.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Tyson commenting on Tony could be a whole episode.

Rob's organization plan... why???? Just go!

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 20, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, he going to meet he own wife tonight.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yikes Danni! In front of Ben? These old timers bout to get a spankin'

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love when these people shake in their boots about Parv.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ben is just a goddamn doofus.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love those blue bags! Never noticed those before.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's often hilarious. Tribals are always where poo poo hits the fan.

This one has my palms sweatin though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ok good, I can live with this. She totally invented her own target on her back, she would have been 100% safe if not for her Ben conversation. Like, if it had been just Ethan, he coulda told the old folks she's tweakin and they'd have assured her.

Hope you stick around, Chic! This thread tricked me into binging all of the seasons from the first forward last year and I don't regret it. It's like a trip through culture history.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Your Pony felled by your Poison.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Don't know how to link directly to reddit-uploaded videos, but check this out
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/f6ubjg/an_mma_fighter_appearing_on_survivor_romania/

Survivor contestant loses at comp and breaks teammate's nose when he tries to console her loss.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

This is wild.

A translated, linked article states she was immediately kicked out.

Yeah, I'm actually really glad they handled it so quickly. Even the assaulter was like "yeah, I deserve to be kicked off." Don't assault people, it's ALWAYS rude.

Looten Plunder posted:

I really wish someone (not with an idol obviously) had have just said "hold up people, don't empty your bags, this is ridiculous. I'll show my bag to demonstrate I'm not saying this because I've got an idol, but the rest of you people need to stop getting sucked into this Rob spell."

The funniest part was that Adam was the closest to speaking up, but he did it Adam-fashion so it felt more like a whiny kid fussing about taking his echinacea pill. Plus, he was only doing it as a distraction for Denise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zesty posted:

I love gross food competition. I wish they had that more often. I think the last time was Second Chances.

They did it last season, you don't remember this challenge?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmCLsFi2B8Y

Some fridays a group of coworkers get together for lunch and we take turns choosing a place to get a burger. It's burger friday. This week was my turn and I chose Applebees and everyone was actually pretty excited since nobody had been since they were old enough to choose where to go for themselves. Some folks are caught up in trying to rank every burger we try in town, whereas I believe in the platonic form of the burger and hold that the worst burger on earth is exactly as good as the best burger, the form itself is perfection and nothing can ruin that -- Every burger is the best burger. I won't change my burger position just because of personally encountering evidence to the contrary, and I will always maintain my low standards. However, the Applebee's Brunch Burger is the only burger I chose to not finish eating. Here's my picture for my google review