Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That cast is stacked and I'm really hoping we get a good season because if this one is bad then that's probably Survivor(US at least) done right?

Kinda sounds like we should all be watching the Aus version instead though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the only real negative so far is that there's no way future seasons are going to be half as good as this

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Rob v Sandra angle seems kinda forced but hopefully they''re both in the final 3

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Spatula City posted:

I have no idea how Fabio would have fared here, and I am kinda disappointed we missed that golden opportunity. imo production wants to pretend Nicaragua didn't happen. but also they wanted largely competent players and not people that bumbled their way to the end and won against assholes just by being likable. so I wasn't really surprised he wasn't cast.

I know they'll never, ever do this, but I would love to see a total shitshow season of Survivor featuring some of the floppiest, messiest, and weirdest players.
alternately, a returnee season consisting entirely of pre-merge boots. somehow trick Francesca into coming back, wahahahaha.

I can't remember, what was wrong with Fabio and Nicaragua?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SweetJahasus posted:

Jeez man what's with the Cochran fixation? He was a fine winner but drat he's not a hill worth dying on.

Anyway, Fabio won Nicaragua which was a season full of very toxic people, including 2 quitters and nearly a third quitter. The final 3 consisted of Fabio who was a likeable idiot and two unlikeable shits, one of which was Sash who is unpalatable to basically all survivor fans, and the other is a now famous country music star Chase Rice, who doesn't care about survivor and was only there for publicity, which fans hate.

I'd weirdly recommend watching Nicaragua if for nothing else than seeing how odd it was and how it really blunted the impact that s19 and s20 had. Survivor had a gently caress ton of momentum in the wake of Russell and then Nicaragua happened which started the "dark ages".

Ahh thanks.

I'll have to go back and watch the older seasons again at some point

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm liking Rob being put on the back foot and getting pissy at what Adam says

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Khanstant posted:

RIP Rob. Machete sharpeners always go home.

Who was that crazy guy back in one of the first seasons that did that? I wanna sat Amazon but can't remember

Thank god Rob got voted out, it would've been beyond bullshit if that worked especially with Adam and Ben.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ahh thanks. there's something so wholesome about early survivor

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Vernacular posted:

The only truly out-of-nowhere thing this episode was Sarah gunning for Kim. Everything else makes enough sense in context.

Agreed but I also thought all the kids running around the island was out-of-nowhere.

When Kim said that she has to know who they're voting for I thought for sure someone would go over and listen or...something...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This season is so good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm just hoping Boston Rob doesn't rejoin

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I don't really mind the whispering at tribal, I mean it's not like we always get an accurate edit pretribal anyway.

At the moment it does seem like Tony, Jeremy and/or Sarah will make it to the end but the returning player could rejoin and warn nick/denise/ben/michelle that they need to take them out. Hopefully not though, if Ben wins this season i'll probably start bleeding out of my ears.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lukess1 posted:

For one: Denise did pretty much vote out Sandra by herself. Nick has played the game very well without getting enemies and Michelle ruled the pre-merge with Jeremy.

Yeah. I remember Denise was a big target after that move but then she sort of faded away

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Didn't Jeremy say him and Ben were good at one point earlier? I hate Ben but calling him racist here seems wrong...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I’m just ready for Boston Rob to come back and win the whole thing.

Please don't even joke about that

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

EoE should have tribals as well. Or just not exist.

I really don't want to see Ben win but that has to be literally impossible so we good

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That was a cool moment

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I mean I'm fairly sure a large part of the reason the Edge was used this season was so more of the popular Survivor players would have more tv time/a chance to still win and the show retain ratings so viewers aren't tuning out when Boston Rob/Parvati/etc are voted out early

Yeah fully agreed, especially if production predicted that the original players would get voted out first.

We'll see how it plays out. It feels like we're going into the final with a lot of players still left but i dunno if that's just the normal amount. Also i'm kinda on board with Boston Rob getting back in just so he gives Ben some poo poo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly the reunions are pretty bad these days. The only thing worth checking in for after they announce the winner is to see who gets the Sia money now.

I used to love the reunions now I mostly just read the thread comments and skim through them.

Still even if there's no reunion they have so much to show. Maybe it'll be an extra long finale?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Boston Rob better have some vengeance saved up for Ben

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

weird finale. a lot of decisions felt forced but at least Tony won. Natalie getting second is pretty funny, like when someone asked her what she would've done different socially "well on day one..."

also another funny moment was when Ben sacrificed himself(???) and made that joke about a party or w/e, everyone was laughing except Boston Rob.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm laughing at natalie pissing people off on eoe.
I gotta watch her season again and probably others but at this point it will require so much time

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Philthy posted:

Tony didn't dominate anything. He ended up in a good alliance. That's it. He made one single move to vote someone out, and it wasn't even a good one. He simply did it because he fell into the usual "I heard my name come up from you, so now I must be bull-headed and vote you out." which almost lost his trust with Sarah. He wasn't voted against because he wasn't a threat to anyone. He was the jester, not the player. He made a single good call about Natalie possibly having an idol and it was the only time anything he brought up made any sense and was right about. He was blown off because, again, no one took him seriously of felt he was a legitimate player. 90% of Tony was his alliance.

That mental pressure is a distraction. It makes time go by faster. EoE had none of that, it was pure misery. And those challenges were hardcore compared to anything the other side had. I would still believe fully the real test of Survivor was surviving EoE. It seemed to me way worse off, and Natalie was there from it's beginning to its end.

Being on the inside is as much competitive and cooperative than EoE was. No one knew she had so many tokens, or all the other stuff she did. I think she worked with Parv on these, but everyone else didn't seem to know about it. Since she got voted out first. First votes are token votes that are generally completely random. It was no fault of her own. I would argue Tony never got to even play the game fully because he never made it to EoE. I am wondering if we even saw the same show or not. EoE was a huge deal.

Also, Natalie did have a nearly perfect game when she returned. She had enough tokens for immunity and got to draw out two MORE immunity tokens. She then went on to win ANOTHER immunity. She not only found cracks, she knocked the entire drat wall down when she returned. Her only mistake is that she maybe should have said the jury all thought Ben was the winner instead of Tony. But everyone knew Tony was paranoid, so he was easier to exploit.

Rob upset she didn't make fire against Tony is ridiculous. She won the immunity so that she didn't have to.

And how do you feel about Russell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Token Female posted:

I think it has been to panama. Though I think the first episode of Pearl Islands is the best episode of the show.

It's basically a group of true wackos who hate each other with a seething passion but somehow win and stick together.

Highlighted by
-Bruce and Bobby take the last of the win and get drunk in the outhouse
-Shane shows Cirie his dick for medical advise
-Bruce gets med evacs with a naked shane and Courtney's unwanted singing
-Shane threatens to go to Courtney's lovely apartment and kill her after the game if she votes against him and Courtney gets angry because her apartment isnt lovely.
It's been a long time since I've watched it but Shane going crazy was so good

e. There's probably some older seasons I still haven't seen. Never watched Boston robs first appearance