Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pony: Danni

Poison: Ben

I remember Danni playing a really smart understated social game in Guatemala - she went from being in the minority at the merge (and a perceived pair with public enemy number one!) to somehow convincing the majority alliance to vote out not-particularly-likeable players over her. She really impressed me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think t was an unquestionable proof of concept that EoE gave us Reem as a character and Devens with a second chance. Everyone dislikes that Chris came back late and won because the Jury all bonded with him and he didn't have to burn any of them, but we kind of forget that Devens was voted out pre-jury and ended up being the best player of the season.

That was Victoria :colbert:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

They redressed Rob and Sandra's spyshack into a rad skull.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

How's Jeremy gonna whisper that to Ben and not act on it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ring tossing is a vital skill in firefighting

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sandra created "as long as it ain't me" in season 7.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The concept of IoI, including R+S being there, was widely spoiled before this cast went to film.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just realised they probably didn't get the fire token "give to another player" idea from the Genius, but from fan favourite Sierra Dawn Thomas giving her advantage to Sarah, and that bums me out.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Golbez posted:

I'm just happy that for the first time ever on Survivor, Denise was able to relax back at camp during a tribal.

I will take this moment to point out a possible alliance no one has brought up: Denise and Sarah are both from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which is not exactly huge, and it's almost guaranteed they've met each other. (Per capita, CR has to have the most winners of any place with multiple winners, right?)

Rob and Ambuh live in Pensacola, half the population of Cedar Rapids :v:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Me, looking at Edge of Extinction and fire tokens: boy, i sure hope production doesn't bring in dumb twists that screw over some players unfairly

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pony: Danni

Poison: Ben

I remember Danni playing a really smart understated social game in Guatemala - she went from being in the minority at the merge (and a perceived pair with public enemy number one!) to somehow convincing the majority alliance to vote out not-particularly-likeable players over her. She really impressed me!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

When the tribes merge are the 1/2 idols interchangeable?

Both idols included the phrasing "this idol is unique", so probably not.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A thing about Danni is that the other old timers did legitimately seem to not be including her in stuff - the trio of Rob/Parv/Ethan talking strategy this week also happened a bit last week that we saw. It wasn't wrong for her to surmise that she was on the bottom of that four, but going immediately nuclear in the way she did was whew.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Heroes v Villains was 20 seasons ago, these people should really know to hide idols in their underwear.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

I love Cochran to bits; but I respect his reasoning.

I do find myself wondering what he's doing these days though. His most recent writing credit on imdb is from 2016.

He's writing for Star Trek: Lower Decks rn along with David.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Leaving Adam out of the vote may be questionable from an alliance-building perspective, but I respect the hell out of the strong "stay in your lane, child" message.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, I don't like this way for him to go out.

I missed it- who did he give his token to?

Parv

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

drat, cancer really is the ultimate "edge of extinction".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I'm curious when it would be good to use it, outside of if you have good reason to think you're up on the block. Wonky idol.

I kinda feel like the merge i the riskiest vote, so you just use it there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Call me a rube but I'm not terribly convinced they are pre-arranged. I mean, I'm sure the entire "pick a rock" thing can be entirely staged for TV and in reality they can be just sending them to corners. But have players like said that? Just because some splits and team ups were convenient doesn't mean it was all pre-arranged. Its a small group with a lot of connections. There were always going to be connections and stories.

I mean I could by that Jeff made sure Rob got the first buff and Sandra got the last one or something like that. But I think you have to convince me that the whole thing is set up. That just seems overly rigged and kind of largely unnecessary. We've seen all sorts of screwy draws and every manner of convenient and inconvenient break.

When Jeff passed out the buffs, they were wrapped but labeled with each person's name. He said "find your name and take it".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Walrus posted:

I liked it just because it was the only survivor season with only 6 white people.

Fiji had the same ethnic breakdown as Cook Islands did!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gabon has the best Survivor love story :colbert:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_S0uxBX9LE&t=71s

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sandra says her catchphrase, everyone hoots and hollers.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

didn't she not go to tribal the first episode of this season?

or have i gone crazy

Double ep, she went to tribal in one of the two.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Three idols on Takal (one that expires next time Sandra goes to council right?) is going to make their next TC real fun.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That was beautiful

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Uhhhh Wendell????

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Never get cute with your advantages!!! How many time do people need to learn that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

So Sandra selling her idol to Denise was a dumb overplay obviously

I think Denise getting Sandra out is a bit of an overplay too? I don't know that she's in a better position with zero idols minus Sandra, a relationship with Jeremy, and a target, than she would have been with one idol minus Tony and relationships with Jeremy and Sandra.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Put Sandra in the skull tower.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This Wendell/Michelle psychodrama is amazing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wanna know who did the Koreaboo "Yul hyung" vote

Robnoxious posted:

So who is the oldest timer left?

Kim Stradlin?

Tyson is from Tocantins, which was what, S17 or 18? I think he's the only one who played pre-HvV.

E: lol how did I forget Tyson is already gone

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Is there a potential returnee besides Yul that has obvious strong relationships among the remaining players?

Maybe Parv+Michelle and Natalie+Jeremy? I don't know why anyone would be eager to keep Amber/Danni/Ethan/Tyson/Rob around.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SteveVizsla posted:

Nick clarified on twitter that Parv had just told him that he was her father-in-law's favorite player ever, so he was probably trying to share back and it came out super awkwardly.

Extremely harsh, given that her father-in-law's son played on Survivor.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Who is her father in Law's son? So this guy's Son and Daughter in law both played survivor and he likes a random stranger the most? what a dick.

John from Samoa. Best known for, I guess, having "rocket scientist" as his job title.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ben (very easily) found three HII in a row, which allowed him to cruise from 7 to 4 despite being everybody's target.

And then, at four, when there were no longer any idols in play, the players were hit with the surprise "F4 is firemaking now" twist.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

So everyone in this game will either be the jury or in the final 2/3?

Or Sandra

Ughhhh I hate the second shot to get back

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Strong effort from Nick, surprising the see the bigger guys last longest.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Question: At what point does the old school player start/stop? I mean Tyson was first on the 18th season. Should that really be considered old school? Or should it really be sort of a middle school, albeit maybe one of the first classes of that school.

HvV is the midway point, I think that's fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Man the editing did not do a great job explaining where these players are at at all.

I guess most of my questions are about Michelle? Why was she left out? Was she at all? If she was on the outs of the vote, what was her gameplan coming into the merge - Nick + Wendell + (???)?

Who were the six people who decided on Wendell and not Adam and forced the vote? Denise and Sophie probably, but I have no clue who the other four are.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 2, 2020