Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Anyone taking Michelle Fitzgerald as their winner pick?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pony: Danni

Poison: Ben

I remember Danni playing a really smart understated social game in Guatemala - she went from being in the minority at the merge (and a perceived pair with public enemy number one!) to somehow convincing the majority alliance to vote out not-particularly-likeable players over her. She really impressed me!

Good choice, no one's going to be gunning for Danni when there are so many other big targets around.

Pony: Wendell
Poison: Boston Rob. He already holds enough records eg for most games played, has to be seen as the biggest threat in the game and can't be allowed to get to the merge.
OTOH, if Rob or Amber goes to EoE early and can send fire token benefits to their spouse, they could do some damage to other players plans.

Big Taint posted:

OP quote :coolfish:

Pony: Sandra duh
Poison: BAAAAAAAHSTON RAAAAAAAHB

In general, there are a lot more people I'm excited to see again than people that suck. I cannot wait to see Tyson troll Ben (and everyone else really) for the whole season, because there's no way he doesn't.

Last night's preview showed 2 boats pulling up to Jeff, and the first words we heard from Tyson was him trolling (negging?) the women who stumbed getting off their boat.

There's been a lot of anti-Edge of Extinction talk but there could be compelling dramatic tension there, with so many big personalities playing.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

Starting tomorrow, are there more or less Survivor seasons than there are years you have lived? Of the years you have lived, what percentage of them have been years where you intentionally watched Survivor? How many times have you thought about trying to get on, have you ever actually tried? In one number, how would you express your feelings about Survivor?
Wanted to apply in the early seasons but Canadians were not allowed.
Before Survivor, Mark Burnett produced the Discovery Eco-Challenge, which was an insanely difficult adventure race through harsh terrain, and I applied to be on the support crew but the series was discontinued.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
It really irritates me that in 2020 RHAP Live Know It Alls still has problems running 4 mics at the same time in a somewhat professional live performance venue.
This is basic audio stuff, people.
But I'm sure it's a lot of fun for the audience in attendance, and the best conversations are probably happening off stage.

While the cast is great, the entire EoE with fire tokens is troublesome. Players voted out shouldn't have so much power to influence the game when they can't even see what's going on.

And players voted out early (ie pre-merge) could be on the jury, even though they're not going to see the game being played which seems problematic.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 15, 2020

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Of all the clips in there, Sandra's stands out. She said she wants to get rid of the other women and after 2 tribals, 2 women are gone.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Still having a hard time wrapping my head around all those previous winners being so easily manipulated by the known professional poker player in the group. If this keeps up I expect Rob to next demand everyone give him their fire tokens to hold on to...as a sign of trust and for the good of the tribe, of course.

When the tribes merge are the 1/2 idols interchangeable?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Maybe S39 made me more sensitive to it but: 3 tribals, 3 women now on Extinction.
Sandra's plan to get all the other women out is working, so far.

Looten Plunder posted:

He 100% would have had the idol him. He was just lucky enough to be sitting on the far right. He seems to have got away with it, but he really should have kept his mouth shut because everything he said then sounded sketchy as hell.

I really wish someone (not with an idol obviously) had have just said "hold up people, don't empty your bags, this is ridiculous. I'll show my bag to demonstrate I'm not saying this because I've got an idol, but the rest of you people need to stop getting sucked into this Rob spell."

I hope some of the previous winners lay awake that night in their shelter wondering, "Am I really going to go along with whatever Boston Rob says and just hand him the 2 million and kneel for his coronation? Is this what I came to Fiji for?"

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Adus posted:

at least for edge of extinction they don't HAVE to waste 15-20 minutes of the episode on a challenge no one cares about.

Producers probably also like not having to set up a crew for shooting at Ponderosa, and not coordinating Exit Interviews every week during the broadcast run.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

I love Cochran to bits; but I respect his reasoning.

I do find myself wondering what he's doing these days though. His most recent writing credit on imdb is from 2016.

It's always struck me as mean the way that the US government taxes prize money from gameshows and lotteries and poo poo. It's not something that happens here in Australia.

I think its 30%. That's the number from a million dollar *ahem* winner from McMillions.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I was howling with laughter when Tony and Sarah were plotting the Sele torch heist.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Apparently word from Michelle/Jeremy's watch party is that Michelle wanted to work with Parvati, and Jeremy wanted to work with Rob. So yeah, RIP Ethan.

Also there was apparently a thing where every morning Ethan would offer the leftover burnt rice after breakfast to Rob, and that made Jeremy think that Ethan would never betray Rob, so he had to go. Which is kinda funny.
"We need to get rid of Adam, he's trying to play both sides" say the people in the new school alliance secretly hoping to work with Rob and Parv. WTF.

It's so strange that everyone imagines keeping Rob around will be good for them individually since he's a bigger target. Also shocking they (esp Adam) aren't sitting around talking about Rob's "greatest hits" including backstabbing his closest ally (Lex etc), taking goats to the end to increase his chances of winning, and enforcing the 'buddy system' so his allies weren't allowed to talk strategy without him.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Good episode but too much time in EOE took away from scenes of camp life and strategizing and now I'm concerned that if B. Rob goes to Extinction half the air time will be over there.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

I am dying to know what went on between wendell/michelle

They kicked it.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
There was a shot of the tribe hunting for idols with Adam following Rob like a dog on a leash. WTF Adam why are you just watching Rob hunt for an idol,

So thank you Sophie for bringing back rational thought and strategy to the inept duo of Adam and Ben.

Also, saw this on social media and wanted to share.

Rob built shelter Season 39:

Rob built shelter Season 40:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Robnoxious posted:

Denise got big brass balls that clang... holy poo poo what a power move!

Her playing the second idol on Jeremy wasn't really a waste, it protected her friend in a "what if scenario" and gained oodles of respect from him.
It also played directly to Sandra that she underestimated Denise by giving her a pity idol because she OBVIOUSLY is too weak to get one on her own.

Kim needed a forklift to raise her jaw from the floor after that vote and rightfully so... that was clutch as gently caress of a tribal.

I have mad respect for Denise now, she's a baller.

In Second Chances Jeremy played an idol on Fishbach so if anyone can appreciate/respect that sort of move it should be him.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

curiousCat posted:

I love Adam and I hope he's right about the idol

As a superfan, Adam has probably watched Australian Survivor where an Immunity Idol was part of the podium and a player simply walked up and pulled it off.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

What else was she going to do with those four tokens, write Wendell a letter? Steal Nick's loved-ones reward visit? Of course you jump at buying any advantage you're offered at whatever price you can afford.
Absolutely agree, in this twisty and chaotic season she (and everyone) has to take whatever opportunity comes up.
Tyson spent his on peanut butter, and it turned out well.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

As a superfan, I want to say isn’t this Survivor South Africa?
I have had The Fuzzy Hulk's back in this thread. You say you've had mine.
Have you? Then why did you do this?... Is it maybe because you said I was causing chaos and I'm not to be trusted?
And I still was not coming after you...
But you're so sensitive about nitpicky little details. You get angry at me. I'm sorry I speculated that scene was from Australia. I'm posting in Survivor thread, and I wanted to go very very far in this thread with you. But if I feel like you're coming for me...
I still am not coming for you.

Gonna miss the Ben and Adam romcom.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 9, 2020

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

I fired a gun into a crowd but missed everyone so it was a safe thing to do

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm not a strategy addict longing for his weekly fix so the family visit didn't bother me. Although they could have made it even longer and put it up on CBS all access.
What bothers me more is Probst allowing all the whispering at Tribal.
It doesn't add anything to viewers understanding what is going on. Also when Probst says "Okay time to vote" that should end strategizing, not allow players to continue whispering and changing plans.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Popero posted:

Could Natalie not buy two idols for herself? Can't be a surprise for anyone on the jury to see it's them and Michele and that's it. Would love a double idol play at 6.

Natalie says, "My token count before making these purchases was 14...I bought peanut butter, I bought 3 advantages. I'm going in stacked in advantages, 3 total that's the max I can get. I basically have 6 tokens left. Plus I bought this idol way back when. It's still good and still ready to be put to use...but I can only walk into the game with one. So that's why I decided to buy a 2nd idol - not for me, it's for Tyson. And spread the protection between Tyson and I, hoping that one of us get back in and...wreck shop back there. "

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Natalie didn't make the rules for the season. And she'd be a more satisfying winner than Ben, who's been a remora being pulled along wherever Tony goes.

King Burgundy posted:

As someone who watches a bunch of Survivor, I also think a Nat win would be pretty satisfying. :)

She's already the Queen of Extinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Hopeful that at one point in the Finale, Sia will pop out from behind that set to offer money for some players.