Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Great OP! Seriously better than anything I've made.

It's absolutely worth reading those player descriptions, if any of you skipped them.

Pony: Tyson
Poison: Yul

Sarah the Maga Cop was almost my poison but Yul has been doing everything in his power to make the internet a worse place.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Listening to Josh Wigler on his latest RHAP appearance and I appreciate how hard he’s making GBS threads on Probst now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Does US Survivor have the better editing? I'm not so sure really. I really like how much Australian Survivor shows of the Survivors just doing camp life stuff. And then this season, there is a tribal council, where they edited the whole episode to actually support the outcome. Didn't do the A or B is the target all episode, but C goes home.

I bet US Survivor has a lot of fingers in the pie taking a cut.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

According to Varner...

Let me stop you right there.

Varner is an attention hog who will out someone at the drop of a hat. Don't loving worry about what he has to say about anything.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I want to hate Yul but it's pretty cool he'll donate his winnings to ALS research.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I like Ben. He's not great at Survivor but he's more enjoyable on the screen than many.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
RHAP cut out Shane Power's first few sentences telling people to shut the gently caress up and be respectful from the final podcast version. Just heard the full version.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sarah is a MAGA Cop and Denise is a Sex Therapist.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If it wasn't them, it would be some other pairs. Or tribes would be imbalanced. Or whatever.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Chili posted:

Hatch didn't refuse. He was apparently disinvited, and he has some feelings about it. https://youtu.be/XQE4QsjJD54

Well, maybe he shouldn't have sexually assaulted another player. Turns out that poo poo follows you. :shrug:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Lord Bude posted:

I totally understand why Cochran didn’t want to come back but it’s still disappointing. His arc over his two seasons is the best thing that’s ever happened in survivor.

The best thing that’s ever happened in Survivor was Jeremy trying to get Keith’s attention in Second Chances.

Chili posted:

Oh, just to be clear, I wasn't defending him at all. I didn't personally care to see him back for that reason as well.

I was yelling at Hatch. No worries.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 19, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Shneak posted:

lol at Denise finding the idol before Ben and wanting to pawn it off to Parvati.

She was so impressive later in the episode that I completely forgot how nutterbutters that was.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Interesting production gave them all the same bag. Guess they were tired of secret compartments.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I love gross food competition. I wish they had that more often. I think the last time was Second Chances.

I think I heard that they stopped it because it was a bit problematic to go to other countries and exclaim how gross their food is. I can understand that but I still appreciate that it was a challenge with a different skill set than the typical “athletic” or “puzzle”

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Prize money gets taxed because it would be easy to abuse otherwise. Look at what McDonald’s did with their monopoly game they did a couple decades ago. Guaranteeing friends/family of the company would get the grand prizes while the actual customers provided them more business. Companies absolutely will loving cheat at anything they think they can get away with.

I think it should work the other way around. If you promise a prize of $1mil, the winner should get paid $1mil and you should make up the taxes. So the game show ends up paying out 1.6 or whatever the math ends up being.

gently caress companies.

AWarmBody posted:

Is it too late to pick my pony/poison?

Nah, go ahead. You just won’t be eligible for the cash prize.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 24, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If he doesn't want to come back, I'm not sure why you're throwing shade on him for not taking several months off an excellent job in the business he wants to be in.

There's not a single player playing right now that I would not want to be there to make room for someone who doesn't want to be there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

e.martin posted:

If Cochran is such a super fan of the show he should have came back if for no other reason than for the fans that would have liked to have seen him play again.

This is what you said.

It doesn't matter why he doesn't want to go out there. The point is that no one has a good shot of winning amongst 20 players and he didn't want to go through with it. People who don't really want to play don't make good players. Just look at every mactor.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's not just passing a health check. It's how it affects him and his alcoholism after the taping. It would be ridiculously irresponsible to cast him. It wouldn't be too cool to call him that they're considering him when they know they're not going to want to cast him as well.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't feel like casting a 10 year old season, but they had more to split tribes by than "Who seems heroic?" Challenge performance/specialty. Gender. Alternates. Who they actually had available for a season.

The whole "This person is a villain and this person is a hero" is bad for reality shows anyway and I'm glad they've done away with it in the past decade.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Despite losing Tyson, that was the best episode so far this season.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You know it won’t.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SweetJahasus posted:

You could clearly see the flaws in the EoE model this past episode. Do you think that after the bonding experience that Nat/Amber/Danni/Ethan had with that dumb 15-minute-of-airtime hike that they'd vote for anyone else in the end of one of them was there (barring the obvious Amber voting for Rob)? No. They wouldn't. And that's exactly what happened last time when Chris got the golden ticket back from happy fun time on Edge where he didn't have to betray any of the jury and just had to hang out with them, with no consequences.

EoE is a bad concept, and it's pretty telling that Jeff has already said that it won't be back for 41-forward. It's just unfortunate that it had to be on this season, which is the culmination of what all of the fans have wanted.

The flaw is so basic.

If you're staying on EoE to win the game, you think someone who went to EoE should be able to win the game. Because you want to win.

Ergo, if you went to EoE and didn't make it back into the game, you won't let the idea of being a former EoE player hurt someone's chances of getting your vote.

Regardless, it was so satisfying to see Gavin fail.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Khanstant posted:

I'm with you STAC, if it was a throw, whoever decided to throw it as a move would've been mugging about it to the camera or someone.

Interesting this season hasn't had anyone mentioned for challenge purposes, like sometimes there's a notion of "keeping the strong" or whatever but this time that stuff takes a major back seat.

We know throws happen all the time that CBS doesn't show us.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Bloop posted:

Do we know that?

Yeah. Sandra’s tribe in Game Changers
threw to get rid of her.

Monica’s tribe threw that challenge to get rid of her in Second Chances.

Those were two recent ones because I was following all the podcasts and interviews back then, but even light googling can find this info.

Production doesn’t want challenge throwing and edit poo poo all the time if it doesn’t fit the narrative they want to tell. So much of what you see is edited to hell and a mischaracterization if what’s actually happening.

The few times you see actual challenge throwing is because it’s hilarious. Like Cliff in Cagayan trying to throw a basketball challenge and he can’t help himself from succeeding because the Brains tribe were so bad.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

STAC Goat posted:

The thing is that players are also unreliable narrators sometimes so like, if 3 people say "we threw that" then yeah, they threw it. But if Wardog is like "no, I actually meant to do that" then he might just be full of poo poo.

But like in this case no one's even saying anything. Its just "they couldn't have been THAT bad at the puzzle, could they?"

No doubt. The point is production edits poo poo out they don’t like all the time and there’s enough people saying that they threw a challenge when it wasn’t shown that actually fits into all the narrative we see and explains confusing editing that it’s pretty evident challenge throws happen more frequently than we’re shown.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Khanstant posted:

When's the last anyone's heard from jonny fairplay? Scuttlebutt is Jeff invited him to a season's casting but was actually just luring him to a meat locker.

I've not liked Richard because of his dick rubbing Sue thing, I think I'd need to want to hear him own up to that poo poo before I'd listen to his podcast or whatever. It's frustrating because otherwise as a character and player I did like him. Maybe it's just me?

Nah. I’ve written him off too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Is this a loving coffin? Foot and a half of clearance inside?

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Tony's ladder is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4fP_Ypg_b4

More secret scenes at that dude's youtube channel

I'm. loving. Dying.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It occurred to me that Survivor starts filming at the end of March and goes through until July for the two seasons each year. Looked it up and yep, Survivor production delayed until May. But they still expect to be able to film then and put out the first season as originally planned in September.

I just don't see that happening.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:frogsiren: Cirie is on Shane Powers' Podcast/Radio Show RIGHT NOW.

https://www.twitch.tv/theshanepowers

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As final 7s go, I don't hate what we have here at all. It could have had Danni, Amber, Kim... really under the radar players who you would expect to win an All-Star.

I really liked how much strategy we got in this week's episode.

I'm only just caught up today and haven't really read what everyone thinks yet, but... I really feel like every player needs to kneecap Tony for their own sake right now. Except maybe Jeremy who has no other choice other than to work with him and vote him out right before final.

I don't see a great path for Michelle or Ben to the win.

I so very badly want Tony to win.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 6, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
She did it in Kaoh Rong when I didn’t expect her to be able to. I’m not counting her 100% out of it if she’s up against Ben and someone that people are really mad at. Especially if she does some impressive stuff between now and the end.

Even though she was voting Jeremy this round, she was making a good connection with him by giving him that advantage. She does the social game in unexpected ways that can benefit her.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

I just don't think people are that mad at Tony for her to pull that off. And it's even harder for her to do that with a Jury that has a bunch of people she never or barely played with on it, too.

Who said Tony?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Now that we're fairly far past Kaoh Rong, only 4 interesting people came out of it. Tai, Debbie, Michelle, Aubry. In that order. Nick's okay too but only on podcasts.

It sure had some wackos on it. Jennifer Lanzetti, Anna Khait, and super unlikable bullies Kyle Jason and Scot Pollard.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 7, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jeff hasn't been trying to downplay the season before or during so I can only assume EoE returnee wins (as long as it's Natalie or a man) or Tony wins.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Khanstant posted:

idol-free island aint happenin

That's because pagongings suck and it would especially suck if the ratings tanked and the show stopped producing just to appease a few purists. Hope that helps.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Production is always rear end backwards.

First blood vs water. New Players vs Returnee Players. GEE I WONDER HOW THAT WILL TURN OUT. At least Redemption Island kind of makes sense for *~emotional~* reasons.

Second Blood vs Water. Redemption Island wouldn't be totally unfair with all newbie players. NAH JK. EXILE ISLAND "TWIST".

Oh hello? Yes? Tyler Perry? Yeah sure! Great loving idea for an idol that can be played after the votes were read! Nah we never would have thought of that except for the time we already did it. Also contestants should never be given swimsuits like we usually do around merge? Make the women supremely uncomfortable wearing bras that only function to make their tits look good and aren't meant to be worn non-stop for a month? Perfect.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 9, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey, I love Tyson. But mixed new/returnee seasons are bad game design.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They might accidentally need to use more footage of the actual season to cover up lost reunion time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They'll certainly air all the negative things the jury says about him in final to create television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Thrilled that Tony won. Can't believe Natalie made such a critical error in pitting Tony against Lacina. I was thinking in the moment that Natalie needs to put herself in against Tony for her best chance or have Michelle beat Tony at the very least since I don't think Michelle was going to pick up any votes sitting next to any of the other three.

Giving an idol to Tyson was a nice way for Natalie to secure his vote but I imagine it would have been rough if she mentioned it at FTC. A lot of people would be wondering why they didn't get it.

It would be quite the feat for Michelle to win from an underdog position when a dominant player could use "What kind of player do you want to represent a winner's season?"

Glad the reunion sections took so little time in favor of more in-game scenes, but it's such a bummer that it was so... quiet... for the vote reads.

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe Ben's just like Sandra and knows he can't win and wants to go out on a white knight note.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Ben, let me be your white knight, my lady.

Nice job using the same language right wing chuds use. Super gross. Not thrilled with a player falling on their sword either but coming just short of using "virtue signalling" RIGHT after players rightfully express how difficult it is for women to get respected for the same things men get respected for is extraordinarily tone deaf.

Fast Luck posted:

Tony > Sandra

Fast Luck posted:

Tony > Sandra

Fast Luck posted:

Tony > Sandra