Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finally got to watch. Really enjoyed it.

I know a lot if it can be chalked up to nostalgia and recognizing everyone but haven't enjoyed one that much in a long time.

Rob looks like a chubbo but still kicked rear end in the challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoy watching Boston Rob on Survivor and this season would be lacking without him.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmao at "my only preparation was to NOT prepare"

Galaxy brain survivor

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's hard to tell if it's I'm Queen Sandra How Dare You Lie To Me, genuine hurt feelings because she thought they'd grown close, or a strategy play

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I thought, it's a lie to make them seem at odds

He may well be in on it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Sandra probably wouldn't have pushed to vote out Rob's wife.

Yeah that's true

If not it was a short sighted miscalculation on her part

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bag dump power move was hilarious

And good on her for keeping it hidden, even though she got really location lucky

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i hope some half-idols are given away sold for fire tokens as full idols

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I think Ben realizes exactly how outclassed he is and is just having a blast being on Survivor again with a bunch of legends... which is, coincidentally or not, precisely the correct strategy for him to get as far as possible

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Kid Nation, except season 2

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord Bude posted:

I love Cochran to bits; but I respect his reasoning.

I do find myself wondering what he's doing these days though. His most recent writing credit on imdb is from 2016.

It's always struck me as mean the way that the US government taxes prize money from gameshows and lotteries and poo poo. It's not something that happens here in Australia.

I mean, it's income. It gets taxed. If the show wants to claim the winner will get to keep 1 mil after taxes or whatever, they could easily do so.

Are you really saying that some windfall income is not taxed in Australia? I'm shocked no one has exploited that to the nth degree yet. Gig economy! you volunteer to do this work and every week spin a wheel to find out what you've won! Minimum winnings = your salary, one tiny space has a $100 bonus. Guaranteed no taxes!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo

My brain read the last bunch of posts as being about Rupert instead of Russell and.... it only sort of didn't make sense

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of it also goes to how good other players are, at least at getting people to believe they are telling the truth when they talk about how SOLID they are

Adam only made such a bold move because he thought Rob would have no outs because his voting bloc was secure

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

Here is the hottest take of all:

Adam played it fine. Rob made the mistake.

"fine" play would anticipate the likelihood of Rob making that "mistake" imo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
HOOBRIS

Survivor 40: I Pooped My Pants Tonight

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This IS loving BRUTAL in the heat with no food

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
These are good people for doing that with him

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress lmao

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

did adam just invoke an encouraging middle school teacher as is his like spirit animal

No, his mom.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I do think that key jump distance was way higher / further than usual, so hopefully they've all learned a lesson about assuming

Also

Lol that they've let Rob and Sandra play this long

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

I genuinely hope that we are still saying this same thing come merge, and then again with exclamation marks near the end.

Very much :same:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ethan may actually have been more of a threat to win overall, but Rob and Sandra are a much bigger threat to you. Right Now.

Some of these people are trying to think too many moves ahead

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, players should also be able to realize that being there longer is more advantageous in that way and choose their voting order accordingly

That fact, in and of itself, only adds more variables to consider

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

We know throws happen all the time that CBS doesn't show us.

Do we know that?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:smith:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Should have let green live in the giant heads

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
loving social torture tribe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Survivor 40: New Season Who Dis

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

meanwhile, ben is stuck in a *different* den of awkwardness

Yeah but nobody hosed

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can't tell if Rob is sandbagging, playing it safe, or just loving gassed

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Steal a vote at 5 is pretty busted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They could have just been like, Rob you like old-school, here it is: you're going home. We're all voting for you AND stealing your vote to vote for you again

And then just done whatever

But they got no GURAMBA

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean Rob basically has a second person effectively gathering advantages for him in exile. Not that she's a TON of help, necessarily.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stokes posted:

I had a shower thought in the shower tonight. What if they did Island of the Idols 2 where the Idols were the idols. Nothing hidden at camp. You just brought an idol back over to your camp and you had to play him/her as an HII before the Idol got voted out of the game. And if the Idol wasn't played until final 5 they'd be eligible for the million.

Shower Beer Thoughts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I almost feel like Rob was making other people uncomfortable as a power move, thinking either that he could suffer it better or that after a week of suffering he'd start providing and be a hero

It would probably have worked on a season full of n00bs

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finally got to watch and

hahahaha HAHAHAHHAHA

Holy poo poo that was the most perfect ice cold move maybe ever

I mean you have to take into consideration who it was done to

Legendary

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BGrifter posted:

Taste is individual, I dislike most of them. :shrug: Ben in particular is grating on my last nerve this season. What an unlikeable dipshit.

It’s possible someone could win me over eventually. Jeremy could make a few cool plays and get me on his side. But it sure feels like we watched a bunch of the most fun players disappear in three episodes.

We may see if the producers agree based on what the folks at extinction get up to and how much airtime they get

Also don't forget that At Least one of them is coming back in

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ok one challenge at extinction, you're playing for reward

Wanna know what cher playing for?

You get back into the game and are immune at the first tribal.

*Rob wins*

Ok Rob, choose one more person to go on the reward with you....

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Ok one challenge at extinction, you're playing for reward

Wanna know what cher playing for?

You get back into the game and are immune at the first tribal.

*Rob wins*

Ok Rob, choose one more person to go on the reward with you....

Alternately

Here are your loved ones to visit.

Rob and Amber, you two can just go gently caress in the giant head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The twist is, there's $2mil for the winner but no one comes back from extinction and there is a second million over there just buried on the beach