Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Do Deer Eat Weed?

Posted by Jennifer Smith on June 26, 2019

Let's be honest, deer will eat anything; but the foods deer like best are sweet tasting plants like corn, soybeans, berries and veggies. But, how about cannabis plants for growing marijuana?

Marijuana plants omit a pungent odor and are bitter tasting; but for white-tailed deer, they will try to eat as much as they can in the summertime when the plants are thriving. After all, beggers can't be choosers; and when deer have the munchies, they will eat anything! When the plants are small, deer will enjoy them more since they are sweet to taste. As the plants mature into the harvest season, they will become less inviting to deer herds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rrGvLq6XwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i only blaze with my african grey the dogs and cats have to be locked in the other room.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mozi posted:

what's the real difference between a dog asking to get high and obliging it and giving a cat catnip

catnip isn't a drug, it doesn't actually have neurological or physiological effect on the cat the way drugs do.

so imagine you had this leaf that smelled like every single delicious food you've ever smelled, all at once, times 1000. you'd probably put the leaf in your mouth before you could think twice. and then it tastes like a fuckin leaf and you're like what the gently caress?

catnip is kinda like that except not food. it's the concentrated essence of cat scent-marking and sexual pheromones. cats on catnip aren't high, they're horny.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly this thread not having more Koala representation is CRAZY. Koalas are seriously the functional drug addicts of the animal kingdom!

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

EorayMel posted:

Do Deer Eat Weed?

Posted by Jennifer Smith on June 26, 2019

Let's be honest, deer will eat anything; but the foods deer like best are sweet tasting plants like corn, soybeans, berries and veggies. But, how about cannabis plants for growing marijuana?

Marijuana plants omit a pungent odor and are bitter tasting; but for white-tailed deer, they will try to eat as much as they can in the summertime when the plants are thriving. After all, beggers can't be choosers; and when deer have the munchies, they will eat anything! When the plants are small, deer will enjoy them more since they are sweet to taste. As the plants mature into the harvest season, they will become less inviting to deer herds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rrGvLq6XwA

I used to feed my iguana fresh weed leaves all the time. She liked them the same as any other fresh greens.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Klyith posted:

catnip isn't a drug, it doesn't actually have neurological or physiological effect on the cat the way drugs do.

so imagine you had this leaf that smelled like every single delicious food you've ever smelled, all at once, times 1000. you'd probably put the leaf in your mouth before you could think twice. and then it tastes like a fuckin leaf and you're like what the gently caress?

catnip is kinda like that except not food. it's the concentrated essence of cat scent-marking and sexual pheromones. cats on catnip aren't high, they're horny.

this is interesting, do you know of any more sources about this?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Jean-Léon Gérôme, 'Arnaut Blowing Smoke in His Dog's Nose' (1882)

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Klyith posted:

So it's that Gweneth Paltrow vagina candle, but one that like actually smells like sex and actually gets you really horny?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mozi posted:

this is interesting, do you know of any more sources about this?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-how-does-catnip-work-on-cats/

pnumoman posted:

So it's that Gweneth Paltrow vagina candle, but one that like actually smells like sex and actually gets you really horny?

I don't think it's really getting horny, every cat I've had has been spayed so it's not like they're interested in actual fuckin'

instinctive behaviors in animals are hard to relate to. the only way to get in touch with that part of our own nature is with drugs.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

neat, thanks!

just our luck that aromatherapy doesn't have similar effects on humans

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

yes it does what about axe body spray

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
never seen cats projectile vomit from catnip before...

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Telebite posted:

yes it does what about axe body spray

The only "physiological reaction" I've ever had to Axe is asthma followed by the urge to vomit on the rear end in a top hat wearing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos