Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Animal Crossing is the perfect game to keep your mind off covid. Definitely did the trick for me when covid blew up the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Only this weekend did I discover that you can trip over while sprinting with a balloon causing the balloon to fly away. Still learning poo poo about this game and I’ve been playing since April last year.

Everyone should craft the King Tut Mask as well!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

a mysterious cloak posted:

Think I'm gonna buy this today - I need a low stress chill game to keep my mind off covid.

You won't regret it.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

PeePot posted:

Everyone should craft the King Tut Mask as well!

The most depressing part is that I wasn’t wearing it when I tripped, so I lost my balloon and was too shocked to process what the gently caress happened :confuoot:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy crap I got a DIY out of a bottle that I didn't have before. This hasn't happened in MONTHS.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

any diy you get should have a 90% chance of being new. extremely rude that this isn't the case

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Holy crap I got a DIY out of a bottle that I didn't have before. This hasn't happened in MONTHS.

I finally got a pitfall seed DIY from a crafting villager after having this game since day 1. Unreal.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

oddium posted:

any diy you get should have a 90% chance of being new. extremely rude that this isn't the case

I just checked and I’m still missing 9 DIYs

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I'm always pleasantly surprised when I find a new-to-me DIY recipe in a bottle or get one from a crafting resident at this point.

It's always so awkward when you run into a former resident when Nook Mystery island hopping for a replacement. Saw Kidd (yet again) and Rex this time while I was hunting.

Ended up with Zucker, who's my husband's other favorite, so that's pretty cool. (His other, other favorite is Lucky, who's already on my island.) I found him right after my husband left for work this morning.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m missing a few flower crowns/wreaths because those are the rarest ones, with only like a 5% chance of getting one. And then for it to be a new one…

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I dropped off the game a while back. Logged back in after 3 months or so. While tidying things up, figured I'd check out the turnip prices. 20 per?! What the hell happened to the economy while I was gone :psyduck: That's gotta be the lowest price I've ever seen, lol.

While functionally nothing looks at all different, it was nice to check in with my villagers. The cockroach spirits left me with complicated feelings.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

All I need now is the dang Pintuck Pleated Dress in light blue and I’ll have cataloged ALL clothing, on top of obtaining all DIYs and all Gulliver/Gullivarr items, and the completed museum.

(I don’t have much to do anymore cause gently caress those stretch-goals for making items and catching poo poo.)

And just in case anyone wants him Snake is moving out tomorrow. Could expedite that today if you have an empty slot now, just leave a reply.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Puddles is in my campsite and she's cute but her eyelashes are inside her eyeballs, and I cannot support this.

Anyone got the white rattan stuff I could catalogue? Oh and a spare Cancer fragment? I had bitch-bad luck and only got one Cancer fragment and I suppose I *might* play the game for yet another whole year but I don't wanna.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Bad news: Today I learned not to time travel while I have turnips in my inventory.

Good news: Hopefully I'll be able to catch an ant for Blathers soon.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ChickenDoodle posted:

All I need now is the dang Pintuck Pleated Dress in light blue and I’ll have cataloged ALL clothing, on top of obtaining all DIYs and all Gulliver/Gullivarr items, and the completed museum.

i might have that maybe, i'd have to check tho

HopperUK posted:

Anyone got the white rattan stuff I could catalogue? Oh and a spare Cancer fragment? I had bitch-bad luck and only got one Cancer fragment and I suppose I *might* play the game for yet another whole year but I don't wanna.

I think I've got most of the rattan stuff although I was missing some items in one colour I forget, I've got soooo many star fragments it's not funny

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

track day bro! posted:

i might have that maybe, i'd have to check tho

I think I've got most of the rattan stuff although I was missing some items in one colour I forget, I've got soooo many star fragments it's not funny

Oh sweet, is there a day/time that'd be convenient for me to come raid your island? And do you want anything in return? Hit me up in PMs. :)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

Oh sweet, is there a day/time that'd be convenient for me to come raid your island? And do you want anything in return? Hit me up in PMs. :)

Are you on the discord? If you are I can message you there, if not yeah i'll pm you

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Are you on the discord? If you are I can message you there, if not yeah i'll pm you

Eh I am but I don't check discord very much so I'm likely to miss it. My hours are all weird atm and my ADHD is raging so bear with me if it takes me a bit to get back to you. Cheers:)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Saharan’s here with some rugs, wallpaper and flooring for your home! Also Reneigh is crafting a dark tulip wreath!

Dodo in PGS thread

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I was just in my shop when it closed and it didn’t play the special music for the final ten minutes… maybe the latest update has a glitch that makes it not play?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was just in my shop when it closed and it didn’t play the special music for the final ten minutes… maybe the latest update has a glitch that makes it not play?

Were you in the shop longer than that?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

It’s Chester’s birthday! Open all day for the festivities!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 6, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ChickenDoodle posted:

Were you in the shop longer than that?

I walked in at like 9:53. I had gone to the shop earlier in the day, too. Normally the special music plays even if you walk in after 9:50.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I might get a large spike in turnip prices this afternoon. This morning its 184.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

And the final number is 390. I shall post the dodo code in the PGS thread.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I walked in at like 9:53. I had gone to the shop earlier in the day, too. Normally the special music plays even if you walk in after 9:50.

Looks like according to this it is indeed a change/bug: https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/esports/news-animal-crossing-new-horizons-update-1-11-0-removes-popular-nook-s-cranny-feature

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Played through 3 days so far, love it! Perfect relaxing game to play when I'm feeling uptight.

Except for when I get stung in the loving face

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

My favorite goth sheep, Muffy, is in boxes today if anyone would like her! She’s an absolute delight, but has been with me for a long time so I’m ok with letting her leave.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

a mysterious cloak posted:

Played through 3 days so far, love it! Perfect relaxing game to play when I'm feeling uptight.

Except for when I get stung in the loving face

Wasps, huh?
You get 5 wasp trees per day, so until you've had five wasps, never shake a tree without your net in your hand.
Always stand directly in front of the tree when you shake it.
If a wasp nest drops, stand still, and start repeatedly pressing A as soon as your character does the ! thing.
You'll catch the wasp automatically 99.9999% of the time, the game turns your character to face the dropped nest and if you're swinging your net you'll grab it.

If you do get stung, talk to your villagers, they have funny reactions and sometimes will give you free medicine.

In other news, plans for the second island are almost finalised, I think. Won't be happening just yet, most of my available money this month is earmarked for car stuff. I was getting frustrated that I probably wouldn't have enough space to build everything I wanted, and then I realised, duh, two islands. So the new island is going to be pretty built up and at least semi urban, depending on my building skills, and my current island will be losing quite a few things to it and becoming a lot more rural. Should keep me occupied for a good long time once I get started.

...I'm writing out what I'm planning to change on my current island and oh dear I feel another large scale renovation coming on.

help

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 7, 2021

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

There is nothing to be be done but embrace the lunacy of moving hundreds of flowers and forgetting what you were even imagining anything should look like and why did I do this to myself?!!?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

eternalvictory posted:

There is nothing to be be done but embrace the lunacy of moving hundreds of flowers and forgetting what you were even imagining anything should look like and why did I do this to myself?!!?

The thing is that I've already done this once. I am fully aware of what a nightmare it is. And yet I want to do it again.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

WELP, despite telling myself that I wouldn’t get another normal villager until Merengue moved out, today we’re giving a big Fryland welcome to Tia! She’s so loving cute and I passed her up once before and just couldn’t say no again.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

WELP, despite telling myself that I wouldn’t get another normal villager until Merengue moved out, today we’re giving a big Fryland welcome to Tia! She’s so loving cute and I passed her up once before and just couldn’t say no again.

oh my god she's the teacup elephant? I love her so much.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah Tia is pro as hell

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Redd is here with a real Warrior statue and Moody painting and fake Moving painting and Graceful painting. Also unlimited Rattan waste bin in light brown and Box corner sofa in yellow

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks.

Take what you want from the ground and trees. Summer item cataloging is to the right of the airport over the bridge.

I'll be AFK but keeping an eye on the connection.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 9, 2021

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

SilentChaz posted:

Redd is here with a real Warrior statue and Moody painting and fake Moving painting and Graceful painting. Also unlimited Rattan waste bin in light brown and Box corner sofa in yellow

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks.

Take what you want from the ground and trees. Summer item cataloging is to the right of the airport over the bridge.

I'll be AFK but keeping an eye on the connection.

Aw man I need both of those art pieces and Redd just keeps bringing me the same bullshit every time. Lemme know if you open back up!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Melicious posted:

Aw man I need both of those art pieces and Redd just keeps bringing me the same bullshit every time. Lemme know if you open back up!

Sent you a PM.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

They fixed the Nookling music! All is well again.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Turnips at 599. Buy what you want. Leif is here. Code in other thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Turnips at 599. Buy what you want. Leif is here. Code in other thread.

What other thread?