Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Come on down to Samd Souci!

**Redd**is here with a **beautiful statue, basic painting and flowery painting** no idea if they’re real or not so buyer beware. He’s at pirates cove in the top right off the map

**Zucker is also making coconut pancakes** I’ve moved the pipe to be near his home

Nooks has unlimited chips!

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a billboard post if you have time.

I’ll be afk but dm me if anything happens

Dodo is: **KXT5K**

Flowery Painting is always real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

wow your island rules
thank you~! :yayclod:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Come on down to Rhosyn and help me clear out my storage! I've consolidated several storehouses into one and passed the savings on to you!

Meaning I have a lot of duplicates and things I don't need (furniture, recipes, clothing) and I want you to remove them to your island. Come and get all you want! Keep it, sell it, trade it, just don't give it back.

Dodo code: closed

Also, I'm remodeling my island, don't mind the mess

Mitzi is making plain cupcakes

Bonster fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 1, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Prowler posted:

It was until the new songs. For some reason, he gave me a repeat of Chillwave, despite having registered it a few days prior.

That probably means you've gotten every song.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Well my game crashes after a couple minutes of loading into my island now, so that’s neat I guess.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Devlan Mud posted:

Well my game crashes after a couple minutes of loading into my island now, so that’s neat I guess.

Validate your game files

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Chronojam posted:

Validate your game files

*kisses Switch* what you do is very important, game files. You contribute a lot and I love you.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That probably means you've gotten every song.

This was a few days after 2.0, when I'd only collected two of the new songs.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So I was wondering where the heck you got the Sloppy set. I finally have them in my Paradise Planning catalog, but Wardell won't cough 'em up.

Apparently they're exclusive items to the recycling box.

Apparently there have been exclusive items in the recycling box since the game came out, like the moldy dress.

Why has no one mentioned this! Shatterd glasses have been in the game since 1.0.0, obtainable through a mechanic I just did not know had anything exclusive behind it!

I read somewhere that you need fewer than 10 items in the box to have a 45% chance of an item appearing daily, but I haven't been able to find a drop table or anything yet, even though I know such a thing must have been datamined by now. What are the chances of getting my precious sloppy set, or some of these cool tattered clothes?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

turnips are going for 253 bells on my island right now for the next hour (until noon EST) so come on over if you need to sell. also there's crap laying around. take it if you want. code in the PGS thread

Eiba posted:

So I was wondering where the heck you got the Sloppy set. I finally have them in my Paradise Planning catalog, but Wardell won't cough 'em up.

Apparently there have been exclusive items in the recycling box since the game came out, like the moldy dress.

Why has no one mentioned this! Shatterd glasses have been in the game since 1.0.0, obtainable through a mechanic I just did not know had anything exclusive behind it!

I read somewhere that you need fewer than 10 items in the box to have a 45% chance of an item appearing daily, but I haven't been able to find a drop table or anything yet, even though I know such a thing must have been datamined by now. What are the chances of getting my precious sloppy set, or some of these cool tattered clothes?

i dunno but i've already gotten 2 pieces from the set since the update last month so it's not as crazy as the chances at finding it at re-tail in new leaf

Dr. Chainsaws PhD fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 1, 2021

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Eiba posted:

In the first few months of the game, I did find the tattered trousers and then sold them because I didn't realize they were exclusive :negative:.

cats
May 11, 2009

Mercury Hat posted:

In the first few months of the game, I did find the tattered trousers and then sold them because I didn't realize they were exclusive :negative:.

I'm pretty sure I have a couple pairs gathering dust in my recycling bin, if you want some.

Also, I'm really sorry to the goon who wanted a maid outfit, and I gave them the maid dress instead - I just found out yesterday that those are two completely different items :saddowns: if I happen to find the real thing you can have first dibs.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Eiba posted:

wait what :aaaaa:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

e: done!

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 1, 2021

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

cats posted:

I'm pretty sure I have a couple pairs gathering dust in my recycling bin, if you want some.

Ah that's kind to offer. I'm good without, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks :) .

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

cats posted:

Also, I'm really sorry to the goon who wanted a maid outfit, and I gave them the maid dress instead - I just found out yesterday that those are two completely different items :saddowns: if I happen to find the real thing you can have first dibs.

that would be me, and it's also news to me! i did mean the maid dress though so no worries

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My Nook's had neon glowy sunglasses last week, so now everyone on my island is rocking stunna shades. It's funny on Coco.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Haven’t done an all-nighter in a while but now I’m gonna!
Celeste is hanging outside MrPlinkett’s house on Fiorina. Go get a new DIY from her!
Bunnie is crafting a foxtail, but she may stop pretty soon so rush over and talk to her!
There’s an open plot with Stitches’ name on it!
Free DIYs to learn and take!
I’m going to sleep on a bench, g’night! (Ping me if things go fucky and I’ll get up though)

Dodo in PGS thread!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blaziken386 posted:

Hey everyone! The isle of Mofufu is currently buying Turnips for 395 Bells!

Also Redd is here with fake Academic and Jolly Paintings.

Also also, feel free to check out Ables for some custom designs. The ones outside the shop aren't mine, but these ones are! (aya outfit not included)

Dodo code over in the PGS thread

I know I'm going to feel stupid as soon as you answer this, but I have a bad case of the stupid brain today. The blue dress with the key necklace looks familiar. What's it from?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

I know I'm going to feel stupid as soon as you answer this, but I have a bad case of the stupid brain today. The blue dress with the key necklace looks familiar. What's it from?
It's Nitori's* outfit from Touhou! All of the outfits there are from touhou, in fact. From left to right, Mayumi, Keiki, Yukari, and Nitori

*technically all the kappa wear it but she's the most notable one

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Getting Mau-Mau ready for cataloging Toy Day items again. Were there any new items in the 9000 new ones that were for Toy Day specifically? (Not craftable items, ones you can purchase.)

I keep looking at the Toy Day items I've laid out and thinking I'm missing something, but I don't think I am.

And thank you to whoever left the Froggy chair the other night. Very nice to find that next to my house the next morning. :3:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blaziken386 posted:

It's Nitori's* outfit from Touhou! All of the outfits there are from touhou, in fact. From left to right, Mayumi, Keiki, Yukari, and Nitori

*technically all the kappa wear it but she's the most notable one

Huh... well I don't know any Touhou so there must be somebody else who has a blue dress with a key necklace...

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Chronojam posted:

Validate your game files

I archived the game and redownloaded while I was at work and that seemed to fix it, phew.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is there a limit to how many Nook Miles you can have? I'm at 75,000 and I don't know if it will roll over to 100,000+ or cap me at 99,999.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
You can have more than 100,000.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Then I will continue to hoard my miles.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

nookipedia says the max you can have is 9,999,999 and anything after that goes to the void

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Devlan Mud posted:

I archived the game and redownloaded while I was at work and that seemed to fix it, phew.

Perfect. Something similar happened to me, where the music wouldn't load right and my island was a little sluggish during startup, and that was my fix. Glad everything's back to normal!

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Somebody here wanted a train window wall and it just popped up for me today. I grabbed it but won’t be home until tonight, I’ll check back then, otherwise I just have one now for whatever.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Dodo Code: closed

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 2, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That Nook Cranny sale was very annoying and I am glad it's over now. Was it really necessary to have to sit through their spiel each and every time, and then have to talk to them a second time to use their services?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I said come in! posted:

That Nook Cranny sale was very annoying and I am glad it's over now. Was it really necessary to have to sit through their spiel each and every time, and then have to talk to them a second time to use their services?

it was like 5 seconds. I find it more annoying and time consuming button mashing to get Kapp'n to shut up and get on with the trip.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I said come in! posted:

I suffered it but only because the price of customization kits went down and that was good enough to listen to them all the time.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I've got turnips at 570 bells on my island. Check out the private game server thread for the Dodo Code.

e: closed

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 2, 2021

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Black Robe posted:

it was like 5 seconds. I find it more annoying and time consuming button mashing to get Kapp'n to shut up and get on with the trip.

dishonorable. never skip his songs again

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

oddium posted:

dishonorable. never skip his songs again

My mom was absolutely delighted to show me how she can clap along to his songs during the trip.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I like to be mean and be shocked at his nice things and laugh at his misfortunes.

But waking up and talking to Gulliver is the worst by far.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Moose-Alini posted:

I like to be mean and be shocked at his nice things and laugh at his misfortunes.

But waking up and talking to Gulliver is the worst by far.

You can wake him up by hitting him with your net if it makes you feel better. It still takes the same amount of time, but you know, in a cathartic sense.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was able to use custom designs on glow stickers and get my cats Rokit and Lulu into the game :3

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1466577913382277121?s=21

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1466579972697444363?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Starting to feel some real holiday cheer on my island. Loving it.

(sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/gu4og94.gifv