Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

GENIUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Figuring out how to put the finishing touches on my pavement, realising what I need is a flattened out cardboard box on the floor for breakdancing on. I wish I was any good at art. Anyone know of some patterns like that?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IkeTurner posted:

Starting to feel some real holiday cheer on my island. Loving it.

(sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/gu4og94.gifv

LOVE IT

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Action Serious posted:

Somebody here wanted a train window wall and it just popped up for me today. I grabbed it but won’t be home until tonight, I’ll check back then, otherwise I just have one now for whatever.

That'd be me! I just saw this, sorry. Still available?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Redd is here with a real Dynamic painting and a couple of fake paintings as well as unlimited Evergreen ashes and Moroccan tray tables. Warp pipe will take you to his ship.

CLOSED

Buy what you want at the stores.

Help yourself to crops, starters, DIYs and recipes.

All the Toy Day items are out for cataloging across the bridge to the right.

There's the complete set of Froggy chairs for cataloging in front of the museum and a couple sets of hats for cataloging, too.

Zucker is making fish and chips at the time of this post.

I'll be AFK but keeping an eye on things.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 3, 2021

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That'd be me! I just saw this, sorry. Still available?

Yeah, I’ve still got it. I’ll be around a little this afternoon but my work schedule really ramps up on the weekends. If you want to post a code I can drop it off though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Action Serious posted:

Yeah, I’ve still got it. I’ll be around a little this afternoon but my work schedule really ramps up on the weekends. If you want to post a code I can drop it off though.

Sure thing! Any specific time? Let me know your time zone, and I'll make sure to be ready by then.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Sure thing! Any specific time? Let me know your time zone, and I'll make sure to be ready by then.

Looks like I’ve got an hour or two before I need to get going, if you’re available now I can drop it off.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Action Serious posted:

Looks like I’ve got an hour or two before I need to get going, if you’re available now I can drop it off.

Thanks! Gates are open, code is 3R6KX. I'll drop off bells to you when you arrive.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Thanks! Gates are open, code is 3R6KX. I'll drop off bells to you when you arrive.

On my way, no bells needed!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Action Serious posted:

On my way, no bells needed!

Please, it's the least I can do.

Feel free to look around the idland, if you want.

Edit: ah jeez, you left so soon! Well, thanks much, again!

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Please, it's the least I can do.

Feel free to look around the idland, if you want.

Edit: ah jeez, you left so soon! Well, thanks much, again!

lol Your island looked cool from the skies, multitasking with the coffee maker and switch meant a quick exit. Happy to help though!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Action Serious posted:

lol Your island looked cool from the skies, multitasking with the coffee maker and switch meant a quick exit. Happy to help though!

Oh, no worries, I meant it more like I wanted to pay you for the wallpaper.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Just in case anyone else was curious, you don't get any free gifts for taking a long time on a VIP's house. Which makes sense since they don't unlock any wallpaper/flooring/rugs. I am unsure if you still get credit for it towards your ranking though.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Welcome to Numenor for your Friday Afternoon Large Spike! We're at 468 Bells right now until the shop closes!

Tips are NOT mandatory though they are appreciated.

Shopping and looking around is encouraged! There is a free DIY area to the south-west of the airport. I also love messageboard posts.

I will be semi-afk monitoring the island.

Turnip Exchange Queue: https://turnip.exchange/island/18ed70ce

Edit: I will be closing up at 4PM PST!

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 4, 2021

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
All you guys out here trying to build epic stuff and I'm just trying to grow blue roses after picking it up again after v2 came out. And purple pansies. And windflowers. And green mums.

Is it just me, or do golden watering cans just not last as long as they should?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

they should be invincible so no, it's not just you

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I opened up my island for a weird event the other night and had a good time, so I'm going to see if anyone else is game.

It's August in Olathe and the Tomato Festival is here! Swing by for a free TOMATE shirt, which is normally an August-exclusive Nook Shopping item. Fireworks are also ongoing, and Isabelle and Redd have unique items up for grabs. Edit: Done! Thanks for all the fun!

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 4, 2021

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I found Nook Inc IRL.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

paperwind posted:

I found Nook Inc IRL.

My wallet just flung itself across the screen but nothing happened.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

paperwind posted:

I found Nook Inc IRL.

Where do I find this?

Also is that a giant Tom Nook statue to the right?!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Where do I find this?

Also is that a giant Tom Nook statue to the right?!

You need to somehow bribe your way in to Japan, else maybe the NYC Nintendo store has it.

Also that's not Tom Nook.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Oh Jesus the full display is even cuter :blessed:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat how can I buy the full-sized Isabelle statue for my front yard

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Japan... please... you could make so much money if you opened these stores in literally any other country...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does Brewster only ask me for pigeon milk in my coffee on random days? It seems like some days he asks me for it and other days he doesn't.

paperwind posted:

I found Nook Inc IRL.

paperwind posted:

You need to somehow bribe your way in to Japan, else maybe the NYC Nintendo store has it.

Also that's not Tom Nook.

I would spend so much money in this store. It's probably for the best that I'm nowhere near one.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Unfortunately I discovered too late that both Pietro and Bonbon have the same terrible tastes in furniture. Fortunately I did learn that you can make people roommates even after you've built their home!

If you find yourself in a similar situation, what you need to do is start the "find a roommate" process then sit back down at the table. Nikko/Lottie will then have a "Talk to a homeowner?" option that you can select to contact someone who's already got a home but that you want to move in with someone else.

You can also just track the villager down on the island, but it's entirely possible that they're not around if you've built a lot of houses.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is it normal for the daily bottle DY on the Happy Home island to start giving out base game recipes after a while? I still have a few more vine and moss DIY I need so it's not because I've gotten them all already.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is it normal for the daily bottle DY on the Happy Home island to start giving out base game recipes after a while? I still have a few more vine and moss DIY I need so it's not because I've gotten them all already.

Yeah, I've been getting those too. Guess they want to pace it or whatever

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I've been wanting the ruined pillar recipes since the very start and the island still mulishly refuses to give them up

I wish the schoolhouse would occasionally give out an extra DIY recipe instead of a plumeria start. That would be nice. Otherwise I have no use for it.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

This game is still full of surprises! Never even thought to try and interact with the skeleton before...

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1467707724733444104?t=Rjiv_NB4eCrk2o3CI26njg&s=19

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I woke up at 3am for unknown reasons so I thought I'd check on my island at this hour. I had no idea that Harv's Island closed for the evening.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've got Cherry in boxes today if anyone wants a sweet goth dog.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I finally got the Bells <-> Vacation money exchange ATM! :dance:

The exchange rate varies and only allows you to trade up to 30k🔔 per day :negative:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Celeste is here on Mau-Mau again! Warp pipe will take you to where I have her trapped.

CLOSED

As of this post, Raymond is making Carpaccio di capesante.

Go wild in the shops.

Toy Day item cataloging is across the bridge to the right of the airport. I also have Froggy chairs, Robo antennae, Covered wagons, Creepy skeletons and Knit cap with earflaps out for cataloging in front of the museum.

Help yourself to DIYs and recipes, along with starters and ingredients.

I put out some real extra art on Redd's beach. Bring a ladder and don't be greedy.

I'll be AFK but keeping an eye on the connection.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Dec 7, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I finally got the Bells <-> Vacation money exchange ATM! :dance:

The exchange rate varies and only allows you to trade up to 30k🔔 per day :negative:

Wait, what's this? There's a poki <> bells converter ATM?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
You unlock it partway through the dlc. It's sitting behind Lottie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Haifisch posted:

You unlock it partway through the dlc. It's sitting behind Lottie.

I need to do more of the DLC; I haven't even unlocked the hospital yet.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I need to do more of the DLC; I haven't even unlocked the hospital yet.

You unlock the special ABD several houses before the hospital, at least that’s when I unlocked it.

I heard somewhere else you can expand the facilities to add second floors if you meet very specific requirements. I just googled it and:

quote:

How to get the café second floor upgrade

- Reach the Superstar Designer grade (19 homes, total rank of 84)
- Talk to Lottie and select "Let's talk about facilities"
- Choose "The café" and select "Expand it"

How to get the restaurant second floor upgrade

- Add three pairs of roommates
- Talk to Lottie and select "Let's talk about facilities"
- Choose "The restaurant" and then "Expand it"
- You'll need to place at least 1 Table and 2 Chairs to complete the design

Hospital wing upgrade

- Speak to the receptionist and selecting "Can I donate?"
- Donate 120,000 Poki to the hospital
- Speak to Lottie the day after and select "Let's talk about facilities"
- Choose "The hospital" and then "Expand it"
You'll need 3 Beds to complete the new Patient Ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just got the hospital and then they asked for donations? What do you get for expanding it because 120,000 Poki is a loving lot.