Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

love when Redd comes by once a month to sell me 4 fake pieces of art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’m disappointed that the Gemini closet is so tiny. I was hoping for something more grand to replace the cute wardrobe in my French elegance room, but it’s way too small. :/

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

puppets freak me out posted:

Opening up my island for a few hours and going AFK. I left about 100 DIYs and 40ish fossils near my airport entrance for anyone who needs to fill some gaps in their collection. Code is in the PGS thread.

Came and grabbed a few DIYs, thanks bud! Comm error before I could really explore, but from what I saw your island is v nice!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Nessa posted:

I’m disappointed that the Gemini closet is so tiny. I was hoping for something more grand to replace the cute wardrobe in my French elegance room, but it’s way too small. :/

If it’ll make you feel any better, island-river buddy, you can give it to me :v:

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

puppets freak me out posted:

Opening up my island for a few hours and going AFK. I left about 100 DIYs and 40ish fossils near my airport entrance for anyone who needs to fill some gaps in their collection. Code is in the PGS thread.

Thanks for opening up, I was able to grab two DIYs I was missing :)

Meanwhile, I'm on the super crappy part of rose breeding where I breed purples with yellows to verify if they're not crap. I've had bad luck so far, but if some kind goons could swing by and water them for another shot tomorrow morning that'd be amazing. Watering the purple/white combos is also desirable if you've got the time. Everything should be to the immediate left of the entrance.

I'll be mostly AFK doing some work and looking over occasionally if there's a disconnect. Dodo code is in the PGS thread... and closed, thanks goons!

DIY: Patty was making a paw print doorplate, but she started pretty early this morning and it might switch over soon. Lionel is making a wooden double bed. Rocket is handing out Wooden Table Mirror.

Mables:
Sailor-style shirts, sports tanks, football shirts, striped shorts, flare skirt, suit of lights, sailors hats, skeleton hood, shower sandals, labelle sneakers

Nooks:
Unlimited cat grass, coffee grinder, x1 ironing table, sleeping bag, screen wall. Help yourself to the limited items, I don't care about cataloging them.

As always, DIYs and fossils are free for the taking.

Mykroft fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 2, 2020

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Mykroft posted:

Thanks for opening up, I was able to grab two DIYs I was missing :)

Meanwhile, I'm on the super crappy part of rose breeding where I breed purples with yellows to verify if they're not crap. I've had bad luck so far, but if some kind goons could swing by and water them for another shot tomorrow morning that'd be amazing. Watering the purple/white combos is also desirable if you've got the time. Everything should be to the immediate left of the entrance.

I'll be mostly AFK doing some work and looking over occasionally if there's a disconnect. Dodo code is in the PGS thread

DIY: Patty was making a paw print doorplate, but she started pretty early this morning and it might switch over soon.

Mables:
Sailor-style shirts, sports tanks, football shirts, striped shorts, flare skirt, suit of lights, sailors hats, skeleton hood, shower sandals, labelle sneakers

Nooks:
Unlimited cat grass, coffee grinder, x1 ironing table, sleeping bag, screen wall. Help yourself to the limited items, I don't care about cataloging them.

As always, DIYs and fossils are free for the taking.

Watered and snagged a screen wall. Good luck! I also took the liberty of upgrading your watering cans so folks can get more use out of them.

I’m stuck at the second to last stage, trying to get hybrid reds from my special white and hybrid orange. 25% is a bitch.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:homebrew: I hit the big time, turnips at 519 :homebrew:
Gonna try leaving it open with a small queue size this afternoon, so hopefully things should move fast. Feel free to buy the limited items too, I have them or don't want em today. Queue is at Closed up for now
I'll try to peek in and make sure the connection stays up but give me a shout if it doesn't work.

e: url fixed

e2: please remember to exit the queue when you leave

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 2, 2020

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gonna try leaving it open with a small queue size this afternoon, so hopefully things should move fast. Feel free to buy the limited items too, I have them or don't want em today. Queue is at https://turnip.exchange/96e303a8
I'll try to peek in and make sure the connection stays up but give me a shout if it doesn't work.

Getting an error message from Turnip Exchange. Page not found.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TwoSheds posted:

Getting an error message from Turnip Exchange. Page not found.

poo poo, it was fine but I hosed up the url. Relaunched it anyway with a new one, it works on my end now at least.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

I'm still seeing a Page Not Found error on the Exchange.

EDIT: Huh. Now it works. Please ignore me.

ecavalli fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 2, 2020

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gonna try leaving it open with a small queue size this afternoon, so hopefully things should move fast. Feel free to buy the limited items too, I have them or don't want em today. Queue is at https://turnip.exchange/island/d24aa3de

Thanks! Make sure to clear out your tips every so often. You've got a huge pile of bells at your feet now.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

poo poo, it was fine but I hosed up the url. Relaunched it anyway with a new one, it works on my end now at least.

Thanks, chief! Worked like a charm. Now I just gotta sit in the queue about 5-6 more times to dump my nips. This could be a long day, but you will be SWIMMING in bells by the time I'm done.

Also, guys, don't forget to hop off the queue when you leave.

TwoSheds fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 2, 2020

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gonna try leaving it open with a small queue size this afternoon, so hopefully things should move fast. Feel free to buy the limited items too, I have them or don't want em today. Queue is at https://turnip.exchange/island/d24aa3de

I'm sixth in queue and I just want to preliminarily say thank you for this, this will be my first Turnip payload and I'm really looking forward to it. :D

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks Cap'n!

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yay, thanks!

And yeah, I'm currently on my way as 3rd in the queue but the two people ahead of me have been in those spots for over 20 minutes. Exit the queue when you're done!

Edit: NOOOOOOOO COMM ERROR

Melicious fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 2, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Awesome I made it early in the queue. My first big turnip payday! Thanks a bunch!

Man it sure must be ridiculous dealing with visitors when you have high turnip prices. The mind boggles at how many interruptions the arriving and leaving produces and people not leaving by the airport.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I finally bought the Godzilla statue and placed it behind my wife's house. When she started playing today I heard a scream when the game loaded up. :boom:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Got a comm error and updated the code, may have to reset if it still doesn't work.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

It finally got to my place in the queue and now I'm just getting the "Oh, drumsticks..." message when I try to connect. :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SomeKindofVerb posted:

It finally got to my place in the queue and now I'm just getting the "Oh, drumsticks..." message when I try to connect. :(

Update the Dodo code just now, refresh the page. Just saw someone show up so it should work.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Thanks for opening up Captain Hygiene!

I think something might have been up with the site--I was second to queue but like clearly 4/5th on the island. Your tips disappeared between the comm errors so I don't know if you or someone else nabbed it but to be safe I 'hid' mine by your house. If you saw someone on the queue for forever that was me (Emmeline), for some reason I keep getting wuh-ohed! And while I was there mysteriously a fourth person arrived? I dunno but something was afoot on Deep Sea 9.

Finally got my inventory of turnips unloaded :toot: think I'll wait until later in the week to finish...

E-flat fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 2, 2020

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Oh, I refreshed the page and the code refreshed. Now it's working but they're getting some interference. :P

Ah, turnips.

e: On my way! :D

double edit: I would normally explore and leave a note on the board but I was very aware of the queue behind me. Genuinely a thousand thank yous! Well, about 1.5m, actually.

SomeKindofVerb fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 2, 2020

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

on blue roses, unless you're getting 5+ visitors watering your roses every day, expect 50-60+ days to get to blue roses, if you do everything correctly and start with 20-30+ of each of the seed roses

you'll also eventually start throwing away hundreds of flowers lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

E-flat posted:

I dunno but something was afoot on Deep Sea 9.

No prob - also I shared it with a smaller friend group beforehand. Most of them finished up before I posted here but there may be an occasional straggler - hopefully not too bad since this queue is small.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

E-flat posted:

I think something might have been up with the site--I was second to queue but like clearly 4/5th on the island. Your tips disappeared between the comm errors so I don't know if you or someone else nabbed it but to be safe I 'hid' mine by your house. If you saw someone on the queue for forever that was me (Emmeline), for some reason I keep getting wuh-ohed! And while I was there mysteriously a fourth person arrived? I dunno but something was afoot on Deep Sea 9.

Finally got my inventory of turnips unloaded :toot: think I'll wait until later in the week to finish...

Yeah I popped in after you. Someone definitely cheated and jumped the queue because it was the two of us and someone else on turnip exchange. I also saw the tips disappear. I left em by the Captain but now I wish I had hid them like you.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How small are the shadows for piranha and how rare are they?

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How small are the shadows for piranha and how rare are they?

They're size 2, same as a blue gill and decently rare. I swear hammerhead sharks are an actual myth as I've caught 4+ of the other ones and not a single hammerhead.

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

E-flat posted:

for some reason I keep getting wuh-ohed!

Yeah, same thing just happened to me! Anyway, thanks so much Captain!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Captain Hygiene posted:

Joining in, I'll leave a tip somewhere or other.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Melicious posted:

Yeah, same thing just happened to me! Anyway, thanks so much Captain!
Like you know to expect wuh-ohs when queueing for turnips, as you've got people coming and going and talking to the nook boys, but like, y'know. It was just weird to be second person to queue and being wuh-ohed for several literal, real-life minutes (minus a the time spent walking back to my computer to check the site/code). I'm glad to know at least part of it was working-as-intended!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Woo! In the queue now.

Would it be okay with you if I shared the turnip exchange link with my sister in law and their two kids? They'd still wait in line like everyone else but I'd understand if you want to keep it to just goons to avoid overcrowding.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

Woo! In the queue now.

Would it be okay with you if I shared the turnip exchange link with my sister in law and their two kids? They'd still wait in line like everyone else but I'd understand if you want to keep it to just goons to avoid overcrowding.

Yeah that's fine, looks like I should keep it minimal outside the queue but joining that is ok.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah that's fine, looks like I should keep it minimal outside the queue but joining that is ok.

Awesome, thanks! They just got the game and this is their first week doing turnips. My nephew was freaking out this morning when they had them at 133, I sure hope he waited to sell

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

And closed, thanks everyone!

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 2, 2020

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Chicken Doodle posted:

It ain't as high as Captain Hygene, but Numenor has a spike today at 449 bells for your nipples!

https://turnip.exchange/island/0fe82594

I also got a free poo poo giveaway right of the airport on the beach so come take some poo poo with you!

poo poo and nips, yay!

You know what Ima visit you instead.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

imweasel09 posted:

I swear hammerhead sharks are an actual myth as I've caught 4+ of the other ones and not a single hammerhead.
I’ll say a couple of things I’ve noticed anecdotally but may just be me being stupid, reading things in that aren’t there, or not being observant:

1. I swear a lot of the sharks I’ve caught on the south beach I couldn’t see a fin. Try catching anything with the largest shadow size on the south beach.

2. A lot of those south beach catches seemed to be hammerhead sharks or whale sharks for me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Chicken Doodle posted:

It ain't as high as Captain Hygene, but Numenor has a spike today at 449 bells for your nipples!

I also got a free poo poo giveaway right of the airport on the beach so come take some poo poo with you!

poo poo and nips, yay!

I'll be outside Nook's in the hazard lady costume

Ooh thanks, I forgot I have a zoom meeting in a few minutes so went for the shorter line. Left you a tip behind the town hall

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

poo poo and nips, yay!

I'll be outside Nook's in the hazard lady costume

Thanks for this I had a few leftover nips and managed to snag a diner chair for my partner's diner!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Great island (I really love the picture signs for villagers)! I left a tip by your home because you were in the town hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rick posted:

Great island (I really love the picture signs for villagers)! I left a tip by your home because you were in the town hall.

Haha thank you. The picture signs were something I thought of when I started consolidating all the houses together, I think they look cute and it's way faster to find folks now.