Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Whichever goon left the EAT TRASH sweater in my store (thank you), this is for you:

https://twitter.com/acnhcharmont/status/1268754722304831490?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Winklebottom posted:

Huh, I thought the turnips only spawned ants. Welp, gotta get my hands on some old turnips then

My wife was having trouble getting flies with her turnip so I suggested she put it on a path that the ants couldn't reach. It stopped spawning ants ant she got a fly shortly after.

I've managed to catch a couple flies just leaving it in grass, but it seems like having the ants reduces the chance of a fly, or at least makes them easier to miss.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Nook kids currently buying turnips for 521 bells on my island! Dodo code is cb488. No price of admission but I would appreciate one (1) rusted part so I can build a Megazord.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just swung by and watered your flowers :v:

Thanks for opening up!

Maple Leaf posted:

Nook kids currently buying turnips for 521 bells on my island! Dodo code is cb488. No price of admission but I would appreciate one (1) rusted part so I can build a Megazord.

Not posting a turnip code for this is very brave

If you don't get a rusted part I'll give you a couple later

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SeXReX posted:

it could also take less than 3 months with perfect luck or even way less than that if you go online!

Maybe, but that's pretty doubtful. You can only buy 1 piece per day, even visiting people online, and the odds of someone 1) being open 2) having real art that hasn't sold and 3) having real art you need is pretty slim.

Now maybe if Redd was guaranteed to show up more regularly you could get to a point where people would have enough extras for trading, but that's going to be a long way off.

SeXReX posted:

the game is also, despite the overwhelming opinion of this thread, not about checking boxes on a big list of content to hoard and playing it that way is a one way ticket to not finding the experience relaxing or enjoyable

I thought the whole point of the game was setting your own goals. For some people, that is checking off boxes on the list (completing their museum, getting all of a certain furniture set, etc) while others want to build the perfect town, or just run around talking to their animal pals.

And More posted:

Getting all furniture is pretty tedious and pointless, yeah. I do think the game could maybe make it easier for me to get furniture in the colour I want. Like, I've amassed a shitload of diner furniture, but it's in all kinds of wild colours right now. Nothing matches.

Also, since the item doesn't list the colour in the name, I can often not tell what colour I'm actually looking at because I'm colour blind. So that's an extra challenge right there. It's especially bad with the flashing neon lights and stuff like that.

I don't mind the furniture chase as much, because there are so many ways to get it. You get a new selection every day in your own shop, and any time you visit someone there's more chances for you to find something cool.

Getting the right colors can be a pain in the butt though; like you there was a point where none of my diner furniture matched and it would have been nice if there was an easier way to unlock the other colors once you had one piece.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not posting a turnip code for this is very brave

The turnip exchange thing? I thought about it, but, gently caress it

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nemo2342 posted:

Getting the right colors can be a pain in the butt though; like you there was a point where none of my diner furniture matched and it would have been nice if there was an easier way to unlock the other colors once you had one piece.

Don't worry, you'll get the exact same piece of furniture in the same color several times. Ask me about my 7 pink lanterns (which I thought was the only color variant for a month into the game).

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Boonoo posted:

I’ve got turnips for 534!

Here’s the link.

https://turnip.exchange/island/fade2141

If you’re in a watering mood, I have a small hybrid breeding island north east of residential services. It shouldn’t slow the queue too much to water. No problem if you want to keep things moving.

Nooks is in the north west corner. Head straight from the airport, veer left, cross the bridge, then just straight north.

Going to repost this for the new page. And to say that Margie—southwest corner—is crafting a log extra long sofa!

Turnips are slow, so feel free to swing by for the DIY or Saharah. She’s around somewhere.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Redd is in town, and you are free to buy anything. Clay is in boxes, if anyone wants him. Turnips are 117. Free stuff at the camp ground, help yourselves! Everyone is welcome! :)

81KJG

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Boonoo posted:

Going to repost this for the new page. And to say that Margie—southwest corner—is crafting a log extra long sofa!

Turnips are slow, so feel free to swing by for the DIY or Saharah. She’s around somewhere.

Trying to get there and keep getting interference! Grr...

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Bonster posted:

Trying to get there and keep getting interference! Grr...

Oof!

Sorry about that. Should be free now.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer
Sorry about the double post, but I’ve got Bam—northeast of residential services—making a tulip surprise box!

I’d never seen this one before, and it is cute!

Turnips at 534.

Saharah in town.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Gates are open for another half hour! Remember, you don't need to give me a rusted part, I'd just appreciate it. Turnip prices are 521 and code is CB488.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've been playing daily since like March 30th and today is the first time I saw label. This system is awful.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

I've been playing daily since like March 30th and today is the first time I saw label. This system is awful.

I saw that fox guy selling the art like twice the first week he was added and he hasn't come back. I need the venus statue for my twin peaks room so its annoying.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

It's noon in my timezone and my prices have fallen to 172. Thanks for coming, everyone!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

JHVH-1 posted:

I saw that fox guy selling the art like twice the first week he was added and he hasn't come back. I need the venus statue for my twin peaks room so its annoying.

Red’s got a fake Venus statue on my island today if you want to come get it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
At the rate Redd is showing up on my island I might be able to complete the art museum by the time my children graduate college, and I don't have any children yet.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

JHVH-1 posted:

I'm willing to give you a fake Venus for that specific purpose, if the other offer doesn't pan out.

Prowler posted:

Don't worry, you'll get the exact same piece of furniture in the same color several times. Ask me about my 7 pink lanterns (which I thought was the only color variant for a month into the game).

Imagine my surprise when I realised all the "white" kitchen furniture I had amassed was actually pink. :thumbsup:

And More fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 5, 2020

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

Boonoo posted:

Got my blue roses! Very first day with the proper hybrid reds.

If anyone is getting into hybrid flowers this guide really worked out well. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossing-new-horizons-hybrid-flowers-guide-/1100-6475346/

For the blue roses I used this method, and I’m really happy with the process!
Note that the method it describes is Folklore: https://yuexr.github.io/acnh/bluerose.html I prefer Paleh v2 (thanks Discord goon that suggested it!) but there’s only one step different between them I think.

Thanks for posting the GameStop guide though! I realized I had not great windflowers for breeding purples due to misleading info in a visual guide, so I’ll be switching to the method it suggests. 🙂

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Boonoo posted:

Sorry about the double post, but I’ve got Bam—northeast of residential services—making a tulip surprise box!

I’d never seen this one before, and it is cute!

Turnips at 534.

Saharah in town.

Closed! Thanks for the water and the tips!

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Fistful of Silence posted:

Note that the method it describes is Folklore: https://yuexr.github.io/acnh/bluerose.html I prefer Paleh v2 (thanks Discord goon that suggested it!) but there’s only one step different between them I think.

Thanks for posting the GameStop guide though! I realized I had not great windflowers for breeding purples due to misleading info in a visual guide, so I’ll be switching to the method it suggests. 🙂

Oh! That’s a nice guide for blues. I love that it tells you how to reincorporate the non ideal flowers. I’d been disposing a ton that I could have used to bulk up production.

It looks like the method I used ultimately synced up with the Paleh guide. Hybrid whites and standard oranges to get special oranges, then those specials with the hybrid whites to get the good reds, then reds together for the blues.

I got lucky on my path to Blues. I had seven or eight purples already on my island, so I decided to test them to see if they were the right sort, and I ended up having a few. It was nice to skip some steps.

I also got really lucky with purple pansies. One popped up in a big patch, and I cloned it.

Glad it helped some! It’s nuts how much variations there are in the guides.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
So in order to time-travel exploit Redd, I gather I would need to:

1. Wait for the next time Redd appears; the day on which he appears (let's call it Day 1) was already preordained at the beginning of the week so none of the below steps will change that.
2. Buy what you need, then set your Switch system clock to 24 hours ahead (Day 2) and collect the packages from the mail.
3. Reset the system clock to 04:55 on Day 1 and wait for the time to roll over to 05:00 hours, at which point Redd appears again with a fresh inventory.
4. Repeat.

Is that about right?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

JHVH-1 posted:

The only reason I want a blue rose is for twin peaks purposes.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

1. Wait for the next time Redd appears; the day on which he appears (let's call it Day 1) was already preordained at the beginning of the week so none of the below steps will change that.
2. Buy what you need, then set your Switch system clock to 24 hours ahead (Day 2) and collect the packages from the mail.
3. Reset the system clock to 04:55 on Day 1 and wait for the time to roll over to 05:00 hours, at which point Redd appears again with a fresh inventory.
4. Repeat.

Is that about right?

Correct, except Redd sends packages to the past, too. You can skip step 2.

zelah posted:

The only reason I want a blue rose is for twin peaks purposes.

Then it seems only fair that you time travel whenever it’s exactly 2:53.

And More fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 5, 2020

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

4. Repeat.

Is that about right?

Ooh, good to know, gonna do this the next time Redd shows up.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

And More posted:

Correct, except Redd sends packages to the past, too. You can skip step 2.

Ah, okay, mail is delivered at the same time as Redd arrives, then (05:00), right? Good to know, thanks, definitely saves a step.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've never been tempted by time travel before, but wow, that sounds nice...

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Protip: The order of your tools in your inventory also relates to the cycle of your left and right D-pad buttons. I keep axe and net next to each other, same with ladder and pole. This doesn't apply for the selection wheel.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Waffle! posted:

Protip: The order of your tools in your inventory also relates to the cycle of your left and right D-pad buttons. I keep axe and net next to each other, same with ladder and pole. This doesn't apply for the selection wheel.

Thank you for this! I kept getting confused as to why it didn't match the order in the selection wheel and didn't dig further to make this connection.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Waffle! posted:

This can be really useful but somehow the order is backwards from what I expect, it throws me off any time I want to switch in a hurry.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Gonna open up for a while so I can get some work done - Sahara is here, selling a large wavy blue rug, a medium brown ship deck rug, and a small plain brown mat. Wallpaper is a dojo wall and the flooring is circuit board. She was hanging out on the southeastern corner of the island last I saw. Fauna (easternmost house) is teaching a cosmos wreath. There are a couple of free DIYs by the Nook Boys.

Don't feel obligated to water anything (frankly flowers are beginning to become an invasive species on this island), but if you happen upon any blue or violet pansies, feel free to give those a drink.

5MQWH

Thanks all!

Depressio111117 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 6, 2020

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Speaking of having too many goshdang flowers, would anyone be interested in getting flowerbombed aka having an inventory worth of windflowers, tulips and hyacinths dumped on their island? Those were my starting flowers, and there are so many, they are now covering my beaches. I'd just grab whatever I get my hands on, but there are definitely plenty of hybrids in the mix (just no purple tulips. I kinda didn't manage to get those until recently).

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Depressio111117 posted:

Gonna open up for a while so I can get some work done - Sahara is here, selling a large wavy blue rug, a medium brown ship deck rug, and a small plain brown mat. Wallpaper is a dojo wall and the flooring is circuit board. She was hanging out on the southeastern corner of the island last I saw. Fauna (easternmost house) is teaching a cosmos wreath. There are a couple of free DIYs by the Nook Boys.

Don't feel obligated to water anything (frankly flowers are beginning to become an invasive species on this island), but if you happen upon any blue or violet pansies, feel free to give those a drink.

5MQWH

Thank you! I nabbed the flooring and Fauna's DIY, and grabbed one of the Nook-adjacent DIYs, too!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sorta regretting my choice to let flower fields run rampant over various areas of the island. They're pretty, but they're a royal pain to get rid of if you decide they're in the way of infrastructure or something. Two steps to remove each one, they don't stack in your inventory, and they don't even pay back your effort by bringing in more than a pittance if you sell them off.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorta regretting my choice to let flower fields run rampant over various areas of the island. They're pretty, but they're a royal pain to get rid of if you decide they're in the way of infrastructure or something. Two steps to remove each one, they don't stack in your inventory, and they don't even pay back your effort by bringing in more than a pittance if you sell them off.

if you just want to get rid of some, bring a trash can and plop it down nearby so you don't have to run back to Nook's whenever your inventory is full.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer
I’ve been plopping down a trash can in areas where I’m clearing flowers. Just throwing them all away works pretty well.

Edit: dang! scooped.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

gey muckle mowser posted:

if you just want to get rid of some, bring a trash can and plop it down nearby so you don't have to run back to Nook's whenever your inventory is full.

:doh: literally never thought to use a garbage can for anything, at least that'll save some time.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

gey muckle mowser posted:

...WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
My entire right side beach is flooded with DIYs and fossils - please take them! I also have all 8 variations of floor lights out for cataloging. There's a placed version and a furniture leaf version for each to easily tell the color differences.

Alli is currently crafting ironwood cupboard.
Nook's has a foosball table (limited) and hibiscus surfboards. Dunno what's at Ables'.
Redd is here but the only painting left is a fake Lady with an Ermine.

It's also raining, but I'd appreciate any watering the 3 red roses in front of the entrance for the bonus :shobon: Hope I don't get any connection errors...

PGS