Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

HaB posted:

After some time travel shenanigans, I have Zucker the takoyaki-themed octopus in boxes.

Also I learned I can get someone new via amiibo really quickly if I time travel, so if there’s someone you’d like, I still have one villager I’m not very attached to, which means I have the space to get you whoever you want.

You have to have all 10 villagers before you do that.
For the longest time I had 9 and I didn't like on of them and I invited someone via Amiibo that I liked and wanted to stay. They went and talked to resident services and came back saying there wasn't a spot for them.
I added a 10th and then tried again and got the option to have them ask one of the villagers if they wanted to leave. Since I was on the outs with them they accepted the offer to move.

Nice thing about it was they didn't do the whole 2 days to move stuff. They were gone the next day and the Amiibo camper moved in right after.
None of that prolonged, "This villager is leaving. Don't forget to say goodbye to them!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Turmoil posted:

Nice thing about it was they didn't do the whole 2 days to move stuff. They were gone the next day and the Amiibo camper moved in right after.
None of that prolonged, "This villager is leaving. Don't forget to say goodbye to them!"

Villagers kicked out via the campsite will be in boxes that same day. If you close the game without confirming who they kick out (Close from System), you can get them to pick a different villager each time. However they can still be picked for a DIY and there's a small glitch where they'll be working at a workbench that isn't there.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
if what I've heard is true, it takes about two weeks in-game for a villager to want to move out. Just look for when they have a cloudy thought bubble on their head which starts to move around from villager to villager until it finally appears on the one you want to remove

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
SWIM. FASTER.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bogart posted:

SWIM. FASTER.

God it drives me crazy. Does the Animal Crossing dev team have an inconvenience department?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

TwoSheds posted:

FYI I’m open all day today if you still need to touch a Lily poster.

I cataloged it earlier, thanks! Your big flag looks dope, well done

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Macaluso posted:

God it drives me crazy. Does the Animal Crossing dev team have an inconvenience department?
Just hold A and don't worry about it. Relax. You've got nowhere to be.

Mashing A only makes you go a little bit faster than holding it. You don't even need to touch the analog stick unless you want to turn.

Swimming is very chill in this. I love listening to podcasts or watching videos while just paddling around the ocean. Heck, you're just holding A so you can even browse the forums or whatever. It's surprisingly profitable too. Made like 200k last night while doing it in the background of other things. If not the fastest way to make money, it's probably the least stressful way.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Looking for a decent last-minute ‘nip price. I’d prefer a modest return over having to deal with a queue. Thanks in advance.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

runchild posted:

Looking for a decent last-minute ‘nip price. I’d prefer a modest return over having to deal with a queue. Thanks in advance.

I dont know if you already saw, but I posted my code.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=12&perpage=40#post506268644

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Licarn posted:

help my sky is broken

At this time of day?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Thanks! Wasn’t sure if it was still open. Now my stalk market nook miles goal is complete and I can stop caring about them for the time being. Hmmm, what to do with what used to be my turnip storage room...

ALSO, pro tip for folks like me who have to clear a poo poo ton of flowers: if you don’t bother filling in the holes you can exit to the main menu and they’ll all be gone when you come back. Saves almost half the work.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So are the people in the southern hemisphere getting a winter update instead? Or is it the summer update no matter what

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So are the people in the southern hemisphere getting a winter update instead? Or is it the summer update no matter what
You can also swim in the winter, and sea creatures have seasonality just like fish and bugs.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

KK Slider asked me to give a birthday wish for my wife's birthday, but he already sang for her birthday because it was last month. He even mentioned "hey isn't Mrs. Friend's birthday on June the XXth?"

:confuoot:

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.
So, like, why are sea pigs super rare? Is any catching them on southern hemisphere islands? Am I just unlucky, or maybe they don't spawn for visitors?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

night slime posted:

The new Blathers messages are more interesting and less generic..or maybe I just like sea creatures more. I didn't know pearls were formed like that, also I already knew about the mantis shrimp's strength but the message made it funny you can just pick it up like that and it goes unremarked upon. Villager is invincible

the villager doesn't have to worry about the thumb splitter since they don't have thumbs

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

Sriracha Tiger posted:

So, like, why are sea pigs super rare? Is any catching them on southern hemisphere islands? Am I just unlucky, or maybe they don't spawn for visitors?

I caught one visiting a Southern Hemisphere island yesterday. They are super rare. Just keep trying.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to get a scallop for Pascal; that was 3 loops around my island tapping A the whole time.

I am however finally getting some use from the rescue squad since I’d rather pay 100 miles to teleport to my store versus swim back in (especially from the north).

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

flatluigi posted:

the villager doesn't have to worry about the thumb splitter since they don't have thumbs

:hai:

Took me 93 bait to get an Ocean Sunfish. In the meantime, I got 7 coelacanth, 5 whale sharks, 5 hammerheads, 2 blue marlin, and wayyyy too many other fish. :negative:

Nemo2342 posted:

I am however finally getting some use from the rescue squad since I’d rather pay 100 miles to teleport to my store versus swim back in (especially from the north).

:popeye:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

:hai:

Took me 93 bait to get an Ocean Sunfish. In the meantime, I got 7 coelacanth, 5 whale sharks, 5 hammerheads, 2 blue marlin, and wayyyy too many other fish. :negative:

I had that same experience with the Napoleonfish

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh god damnit, of course

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
3 hours of diving and no pearls. Wtf

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Astro7x posted:

3 hours of diving and no pearls. Wtf

Just put this on while diving and you'll find pearls in no time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpIoCihlZxc

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Got a meteor shower going on right now. Code in the other thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=12#post506272842

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

Hello again everyone! My shops kinda suck today and I don't have any duplicate items or anything, but the Able's do have something I haven't seen in a shop yet.
The Dragon Suit!
So come on by and get you one!!

I am also looking for the following donations: black box corner sofa, 2 black drink machines, black rattan armchair, and tiny library DIY recipe. I will be AFK while running a couple of errands, if you could donate any of these I would greatly appreciate it! Feel free to drop them in front of my house.

Dodo code:closed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KineticCapitalist fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 5, 2020

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
About an hour left of Daisy Mae down under here. Selling for 94 bells. It's winter, Nooks are selling menorah and snow globes. I got a poo poo load of DIY cards to unload.

DODO CODE: BWF4B

No donations needed but if you're feeling generous I appreciate star pieces and gold. No need of bells or nook miles.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang

https://twitter.com/cosmoseashell/status/1279345402433597441?s=21

night slime
May 14, 2014

Nemo2342 posted:

I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to get a scallop for Pascal; that was 3 loops around my island tapping A the whole time.

You can just press minus to save and respawn in your house.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Friend posted:

KK Slider asked me to give a birthday wish for my wife's birthday, but he already sang for her birthday because it was last month. He even mentioned "hey isn't Mrs. Friend's birthday on June the XXth?"

:confuoot:

This happened to me to today, exact same situation. :psyduck:

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
I love this game.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

IkeTurner posted:

I love this game.

Honestly it's hard to beat convincing your cat residents to wear cat meme shirts, but that's pretty solid.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang. Neighbors seem to not want to actually wear wet suits. :(

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

night slime posted:

You can just press minus to save and respawn in your house.

My house is on the cliffs, away from the villagers (as it should be). The teleport can drop me right at the store so I can quickly sell and get back to searching for Pascal.

Plus I have almost 300k miles and not much else to spend them on, so might as well take the VIP trip back to land.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

So I wanted to start a second player on my island because I could use the extra storage. I made a new profile on my Switch without connecting it to a Nintendo account and it just won’t let me play the game. Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I have a digital copy if that makes a difference.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

What does it say when you try to load the game on the new profile?

Unrelated, but thank you everyone for visiting my island earlier. I'm rich now. There were so many bell bags and gifts that it dropped my rating to 4 stars haha.

Too lazy to clean it up so Isabelle is gonna have to deal

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

ChikoDemono posted:

What does it say when you try to load the game on the new profile?

quote:

This user cannot play this software. If you have not purchased the software, you can do so from the Nintendo eShop.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

quote:

Purchases on the Nintendo Switch eShop are tied to the Nintendo Account that made the purchase.

You can register one primary console per Nintendo Account.

Once you've registered a primary console, your digital purchases can be played by anyone that uses the primary console.

Once you've purchased a digital game, you can use your Nintendo Account to access the game on any Nintendo Switch console (primary or non-primary).

When using a non-primary console, you are the only player that can access digital games that you've purchased. Other players will not be able to access your digital games on a non-primary console.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...ftware%E2%80%9D

Did you make the console the primary console? Only thing I can see that would cause the issue.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Is the original account the primary account on the switch?

If you log in in your account on another switch, you can boot up your software on the other switch, but no other account on that switch can use the software unless you're the primary account. I think an account can only be a primary on one switch at a time, so if you have another switch or something that might be messing things up.

You should be able to play a digital version with a secondary unregistered account. That's how I do it. The fact that you can't means something's up.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I deleted my user file on my boyfriend’s Switch and now it works. Weird, but I’ll take it! Thanks, y’all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Two hours of fishing, six napoleonfish and no sunfish. An hour of diving, four giant clams and no isopod. This is like the stringfish all over again!