Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you mean stags, when you see it, only move gingerly when it moves. If it stops moving, you stop moving. I've been helping my gf get stuff and this was how I got the golden stag and the horned hercules. Oh yeah, the giraffe one, too. Super slow walking and stopping. You can do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Anyone who claims to have caught a giant trevally, you are a liar, I do not believe you.

The thing apparently only sells for 4500 yet I've caught like, a bunch of sharks and a blue marlin, and some other rare stuff without seeing the dang thing. (I'm aware its a large shadow while some other stuff is xl or finned)

Beetles are a pain! I swear I've had some fly when I was both too far, and also walking slowly. Doesn't help there's so many of them, I nearly didn't catch one I was missing cause I thought it was one I caught previously.

ive caught 3

id like a 4th so i could have the model made like i did with the marlin but w/e sharks come first

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
If you are looking for stags use a nook island ticket and hope you get the spiral river map; cut all the trees but the palm ones and it’s easy stag collecting just running back and forth

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Sex Tragedy posted:

Does anybody have the big fake ice cream cones? Willing to trade items or pay. Thanks.

I have the rainbow one. I'd like to trade to get the other variations. I'll check in tomorrow and see how we can trade things around.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oxyclean posted:

Anyone who claims to have caught a giant trevally, you are a liar, I do not believe you.

The thing apparently only sells for 4500 yet I've caught like, a bunch of sharks and a blue marlin, and some other rare stuff without seeing the dang thing. (I'm aware its a large shadow while some other stuff is xl or finned)

Beetles are a pain! I swear I've had some fly when I was both too far, and also walking slowly. Doesn't help there's so many of them, I nearly didn't catch one I was missing cause I thought it was one I caught previously.

The first one I caught I accidentally released before I even made it off the pier. I wanted to die.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Oh sweet the horseshoe crab just sits outside like the snapping turtle.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Kart Barfunkel posted:

If you press A on it, it does a trick!

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
The vampire squid lights up so cool, but I wish it didn’t seem to only do that at night.

Also is there any indication so far (like via datamining) that sea creatures will ever get models? Just wondering if I should dump my extras of the cool sea creatures or not...

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.
I have a noob question about the move-out/move-in process. I have 10 villagers, and I approved Gruff to move out today. Is it correct that he'll be in boxes tomorrow, and his plot will be empty on Wednesday? What's my window for recruiting a new villager from a mystery island? (My one previous move-out was replaced automatically, so I must have missed the window.) In case it matters, Cally is in my campsite today, but I'm not interested in her. I would rather do some NMT tripping to see who else I can find.

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

The Clowning posted:

I have a noob question about the move-out/move-in process. I have 10 villagers, and I approved Gruff to move out today. Is it correct that he'll be in boxes tomorrow, and his plot will be empty on Wednesday? What's my window for recruiting a new villager from a mystery island? (My one previous move-out was replaced automatically, so I must have missed the window.) In case it matters, Cally is in my campsite today, but I'm not interested in her. I would rather do some NMT tripping to see who else I can find.

Yes, you have the timeline correct. Wednesday is the day that villagers will be on NMT Islands and you have from Wednesday 5AM to 4:59AM Thursday to fill the plot - whether that is by NMT Island or talking to a villager in boxes on someone else’s island.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Or you could have Wednesday to Friday. I had a house empty for two days once. It seems to be random how long it takes before they fill it up.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it rained 6 out of the last 7 days on my island and as a result i have completely lost control of my flower situation

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it rained 6 out of the last 7 days on my island and as a result i have completely lost control of my flower situation

I finally just gave up and let my island go feral wrt flowers. I just run everywhere and what gets trampled gets trampled.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
There is such a thing as too many flowers, though. I had so many, it caused glowholes to stop spawning. You also run the risk of not having space to drop items, since drops only check for free squares in a 3x3 space before failing to drop and/or disappearing forever.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Double Punctuation posted:

There is such a thing as too many flowers, though. I had so many, it caused glowholes to stop spawning. You also run the risk of not having space to drop items, since drops only check for free squares in a 3x3 space before failing to drop and/or disappearing forever.

I had a balloon present drop into a field of ferally grown flowers and it vanished and I was so angry.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

ruinous orchid posted:

Yes, you have the timeline correct. Wednesday is the day that villagers will be on NMT Islands and you have from Wednesday 5AM to 4:59AM Thursday to fill the plot - whether that is by NMT Island or talking to a villager in boxes on someone else’s island.

Macaluso posted:

Or you could have Wednesday to Friday. I had a house empty for two days once. It seems to be random how long it takes before they fill it up.

Thank you!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Rolf is currently crafting a Tulip Crown. I've also got a ton of hybrids I want to get rid of.

Code is 6MG7N

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Seaweed just kinda plops on the ground, too. Give your beaches some more definition!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Huxley posted:

I finally just gave up and let my island go feral wrt flowers. I just run everywhere and what gets trampled gets trampled.

i will never give up. i just spent a few hours uprooting all my non-hybrids aside from the ones i need for blue roses and green mums, neither of which i have yet.

i am also gonna start fencing in areas with flowers so they can't get out of hand ever again, that was a fuckin nightmare. 8 goddamn shovels i blew through.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i will never give up. i just spent a few hours uprooting all my non-hybrids aside from the ones i need for blue roses and green mums, neither of which i have yet.

i am also gonna start fencing in areas with flowers so they can't get out of hand ever again, that was a fuckin nightmare. 8 goddamn shovels i blew through.

I will trade you a Green Mum for cloning purposes for a Purple Windflower or a Purple Pansy.

I am to the last step of Blue Rose breeding - having 3 of the special reds required, but it's been raining all week and I have the correct Red Windflowers and the correct Red Pansies, but purples will simply NOT grow.

I have decent enough luck with cloning tho, so maybe if I get ONE, I can clone more.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
does visiting villager water override rain water?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I think rainwater counts the same as you watering yourself, so a visiting watering still increases the chance of breeding.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

trying to breed blue roses is gonna fuckin kill me man

I just got my first two blues yesterday, it took two months - have fun!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HaB posted:

I will trade you a Green Mum for cloning purposes for a Purple Windflower or a Purple Pansy.

I am to the last step of Blue Rose breeding - having 3 of the special reds required, but it's been raining all week and I have the correct Red Windflowers and the correct Red Pansies, but purples will simply NOT grow.

I have decent enough luck with cloning tho, so maybe if I get ONE, I can clone more.

man i'll give you like 10 purple pansies for free, i have so goddamn many of those things. pansies are my native flowers and i got three different blue pansy islands, so i've grown a shitload of purples now.

i don't have purple windflowers yet though, i am still working on those.

sba posted:

I just got my first two blues yesterday, it took two months - have fun!

i had to restart the whole process this morning because things got so out of control that i lost track of which roses were which :negative:

this time they are separated out onto the third level of my island by themselves so that doesn't happen again.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

man i'll give you like 10 purple pansies for free, i have so goddamn many of those things. pansies are my native flowers and i got three different blue pansy islands, so i've grown a shitload of purples now.

Cool. I have 4 green mums - can spare 2 of them. Can also bring you a ring of 8 Hybrid Yellow Mums which can breed Greens and Purples, if you'd like.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Since the swimming update, people have been able to circumvent airport barriers by jumping off the dock. It doesn't matter on my island, but if you have turnips laying around or rare hybrids you don't want people messing with, you're going to have to reassess your island's security.

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

8 goddamn shovels i blew through.

Customizing a tool resets the durability. I put a DIY station near where I was working on my field and would periodically refresh the tools. You can also use a transparent custom design to fence in flowers without having a fence - that's what I'm going to need to do in my villager yards.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Dom sent me a piece of art in the mail yesssss.

Oh it's the one authentic statue I already have. T-thanks Dom. Anyone have a spare authentic artwork they'd wanna swap for an authentic ancient statue? Hell I'd even swap it for a fake ancient statue.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The visitor watering flag(s) and basic “has been watered today” flag are kept track of separately. Also basic watering is the same regardless of whether it’s from a watering can or rain.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I’m missing something here. Otter shows up and
Says he has a gift that I have to dig up. Where?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

yippeekiyaymf posted:

He left it in your wetsuit.

Sometimes it's a recipe, sometimes it's mermaid shoes or a mermaid dress. It can also just be a pearl.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

yippeekiyaymf posted:

“Dig” as in slang for “enjoy” or “appreciate”. It’s in your pockets.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

HaB posted:

Cool. I have 4 green mums - can spare 2 of them. Can also bring you a ring of 8 Hybrid Yellow Mums which can breed Greens and Purples, if you'd like.

I can supply a Purple Windflower and a Blue Rose to pay it forward from my last trade. Would like one Green Mum in return, but if you're down to the dregs it can wait.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HaB posted:

i sent you a friend request, toss open those gates and i can be right over

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
stupid question about hybrids, if I've just got one single colour flower. If I plant it by itself and water it will I get more flowers of the same colour?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Waffle! posted:

Since the swimming update, people have been able to circumvent airport barriers by jumping off the dock. It doesn't matter on my island, but if you have turnips laying around or rare hybrids you don't want people messing with, you're going to have to reassess your island's security.

owns

THIS IS A SNEAKING MISSION

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

track day bro! posted:

stupid question about hybrids, if I've just got one single colour flower. If I plant it by itself and water it will I get more flowers of the same colour?

yes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Waffle! posted:

Fence market going up fast, Isabelle tried to warn us

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

track day bro! posted:

Yes. Flowers will clone themselves if there's no breeding partner. Though you might want to get someone else to come water it for you to get at least a 25% chance of replication. Watering one lone flower on your own is a 5% chance, or about once every 20 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Today I found out that you can wake up Gulliver by hitting him with your net. Seems more satisfying if you got stuck with him instead of Redd.