Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My longtime resident, Julian, decided he wants to move. I haven't done this for anybody else, but I thought he deserved a proper sendoff:

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1282766985097621506?s=20

He already has a new home lined up. Good luck, Julian! Hope you like your new home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

My longtime resident, Julian, decided he wants to move. I haven't done this for anybody else, but I thought he deserved a proper sendoff:

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1282766985097621506?s=20

He already has a new home lined up. Good luck, Julian! Hope you like your new home.

Who is that flamingo?

Emergency Squid
Dec 29, 2009
Flora.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wish villagers didn't pick up nicknames and catchphrases from other villagers. Joey asked for a new catchphrase and so I gave him "pizza pizza". But now Tangy is saying it and that is very not on brand!!!!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Macaluso posted:

I wish villagers didn't pick up nicknames and catchphrases from other villagers. Joey asked for a new catchphrase and so I gave him "pizza pizza". But now Tangy is saying it and that is very not on brand!!!!!

:colbert:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I wish everyone on my island was Raymond or Agent S. Everyone else seems like kind of a basic bitch tbh.

night slime
May 14, 2014

ruinous orchid posted:

Also the "wasp tree" trick from this section blows my mind: https://bigfootmg.github.io/ACNH-Plant-Guide/#Tree%20Drops

That's funny, I recently chopped my trees down to 7 or so and I did notice the same ones had the furniture each day.

I was trying to figure out if they sting you if you jump in the water but couldn't get it to work before they stung me. I did manage to run indoors, and they also stop and idly circle around if you read a door sign. They're polite

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I wish everyone on my island was Raymond or Agent S. Everyone else seems like kind of a basic bitch tbh.

How dare you insult my good friend and former secret treasonous operative Chrissy

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Macaluso posted:

I made Canberra's catchphrase "*dabs*" because she seems like a shitposty enough person for it but now Kabuki, Freya and Ankha are all dabbing and I don't know how to feel about that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

How dare you insult my good friend and former secret treasonous operative Chrissy

Obviously pink rabbits are exempt from my, may, any judgment.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anyone have mums for sale today?

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Coral Isle has Celeste and Saharah visiting today.

Rex is crafting a Shell Arch (I think, I visited him awhile ago) at his house.

DIYs to the left of the airport.

Dodo Code: closed!

spinst fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 14, 2020

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

spinst posted:

Coral Isle has Celeste and Saharah visiting today.

Rex is crafting a Shell Arch (I think, I visited him awhile ago) at his house.

Definitely still making shell arch. Thanks!

EDIT: Magic-circle rug too, good stuff!

Fistful of Silence fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 14, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Reiley posted:

Who is that flamingo?

That's amazing aspiring pop-star and permanent resident of Le BonZone Flora!

She's wonderful and I love her and I'm never letting her move.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Aw man, someone took all my pearls I had by the DIY bench.

Ah well.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

spinst posted:

Ah well.

What the hell? That’s not cool. I don’t know how many you lost but I’ll come back and donate you a few from my stash. I’m not a big fan of the mermaid set anyway (heresy I know).

night slime
May 14, 2014

spinst posted:

Ah well.

drat wtf. I saw them out and was going to warn you but I saw them gone later. Maybe it was an honest mistake and they'll return it later??

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

night slime posted:

drat wtf. I saw them out and was going to warn you but I saw them gone later. Maybe it was an honest mistake and they'll return it later??

I returned them! I left an imperial dining table as well.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Cloks posted:

I returned them! I left an imperial dining table as well.

Weird! I don't see them. Oh well - I should have put them away!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

spinst posted:

They're wrapped next to your house.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Cloks posted:

They're wrapped next to your house.

'Fraid not! All good. There was a weird glitch earlier when someone was leaving, maybe they fell into the ether.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If anybody wants to take Kitty from my town pm me or whatever.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Anyone have mums for sale today?

Shh.

Hey.

Hey, man, you look cool, can I ask you a question?

*looks around*

You're not a cop, right? You talk to Agent S? Yeah, that's my girl. Okay, okay, look, I'm a business guy, you know? You want mums, I got mums. I got pink mums, red mums...mum's the word, right? Ha ha ha.

(I have mums and am in CET time zone, lmk when you want to grab them and I'll boot up AC.)

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

e: closed

got some extra DIY’s i dont want going to waste, help yourselfs. Turnips are going for a cool 428 bells as well.

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 14, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I woke up to a new update, I assume it's just a bug fix right?

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I woke up to a new update, I assume it's just a bug fix right?

Yeah, it fixes the bug where villagers walk around with a thought bubble over their heads, along with a few others.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Can turnip prices just get... bugged on your island? Cuz my prices have been Fluctuating for four dang weeks straight!

I don't need the money, personally. I haven't even bought turnips in weeks, but having the same pattern every week is BORING and Fluctuating is the second worst one.

Plus having a turnip spike gives me an extra incentive to open my gates and I like having visitors. :(

Does changing your clock at all affect your turnip pattern? I'm pretty sure changing the day makes the pattern reset, but I don't do that. All I do is set my clock ahead a couple hours so I can check my shops before I start work.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Unless they changed it, going forward is fine. Going backward changes the turnip pattern. I would assume backwards on the same day is fine, no data to confirm tho

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Tried turnips once. Bought 'em at 100 bells each, best price I got all week was 63 until allllll of a sudden the price shot up to 110 on the last day. gently caress turnips, and gently caress that gross little runny-nosed character that sells them. Hella ew nah.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Tried turnips once. Bought 'em at 100 bells each, best price I got all week was 63 until allllll of a sudden the price shot up to 110 on the last day. gently caress turnips, and gently caress that gross little runny-nosed character that sells them. Hella ew nah.

Trying to do them on your own island is usually an exercise in futility.

Use the exchange, or at the very least the discord. Do this 3-4 times and you will literally never worry about Bells again.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

HaB posted:

Trying to do them on your own island is usually an exercise in futility.

Use the exchange, or at the very least the discord. Do this 3-4 times and you will literally never worry about Bells again.

OoooHHHHHhhhhhh

There are so many social things built into this game, and I do not have one single friend who owns it! Also I don't really know how anything works. But I like it!

e: I still hate that thing about having runny noses being cute or whatever. It is not cute. I have gone home from work to find a child's snot IN MY POCKET before. How did it get there?!? I DON'T KNOW.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opening up Quarantown for a little while

Closed for now

Redd is in town, selling a fake Mona Lisa, fake Girl With Pearl Earring, fake Tremendous Statue, and the yellow garden gnome

Abel's has some grunge-wear, baseball helmets, motorcycle helmets, and the first non-tuna sushi costume I've seen (gizzard-shad?)

Nooks has a blue system kitchen and shite turnip prices

Beau is making DIY sauna heater

Help yourself to fruit or anything from the pile near the airport! I'll probably be AFK up by the wrestling ring

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 14, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

zgrowler2 posted:

Unless they changed it, going forward is fine. Going backward changes the turnip pattern. I would assume backwards on the same day is fine, no data to confirm tho

They did change it. Any alterations to the clock at all will now dumpster your prices apparently.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

The Clowning posted:

Yeah, it fixes the bug where villagers walk around with a thought bubble over their heads, along with a few others.

Oh that was weird, I noticed it a few times. My villagers would start a thought bubble and go "What should I do?" for exactly one second after I finished a conversation.

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

spinst posted:

If you are in need, PM me, I have some extra Pearls I'd be happy to drop off for you.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its me. the one who JUDGES VILLAGERS based on their BAD APPEARANCES

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

ruinous orchid posted:

If you are in need, PM me, I have some extra Pearls I'd be happy to drop off for you.

Thanks for the offer, but my pearls glitched back into Cloks inventory and they'll get them to me! There was a weird glitch when someone left my island last night.

In more important news, I finally caught a god drat golden stag last night. Woo!

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
I have Curly the jock pig in boxes today. If anyone would like his goofy rear end, please let me know and I'll facilitate the moving process.

He's one of my original two townees, so I'd hate to have him go without a good home.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh man these cliff-diving spots are super cool

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/14/21324033/animal-crossing-new-horizons-acnh-diving-update-area-spot-nintendo-switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Ooo.. I was planning on making my Peninsula into a ocean cliffside but this just seals the deal.

Also I taught Static to start saying "shocker" and now everybody is saying it. They all sound like sarcastic dicks.