Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I had seen some cute birthday stuff online, but I didn’t think this game was gonna make me cry.

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1283089793375629312?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
God damnit I can't even do that because you can only have like 8 stupid inclines, also every time I visit a goon island or look at someone elses in these articles it reminds me I have the imagination of a potato

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Come to Sharkfarts, where the sharks are farting and I am making a bamboo garden! All shops are closed and no one is in town, Redd is at the back of the island, a few DIY recipes are around the parking cone by Nook's (Matryoshhka dolls!) and nothing special is happening at all. But pop by if you want a cool time with pears. Code is closed.

E: Jay is making a Honeycomb Wall
E: Ellie is making a Peach Rug!!!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 14, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They did change it. Any alterations to the clock at all will now dumpster your prices apparently.

What? Oh that is such utter complete horseshit. That is indefensible.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Come to Sharkfarts, where the sharks are farting and I am making a bamboo garden! All shops are closed and no one is in town, Redd is at the back of the island, a few DIY recipes are around the parking cone by Nook's (Matryoshhka dolls!) and nothing special is happening at all. But pop by if you want a cool time with pears. Code is 2SWKL.

E: Jay is making a Honeycomb Wall

Thanks, I left a little cash for ya. Do you want any different fruits or anything?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

track day bro! posted:

Thanks, I left a little cash for ya. Do you want any different fruits or anything?

Thank you!!! I'm so chuffed people came by! I don't need anything, but thanks again :D

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Still impressed when I find weirdly specific contextual dialogue. Francine just walked up and told me how weird it was to have a lecture hall bench outside, but after thinking about it she would've liked to study outside in the fresh air :unsmith:

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Does anyone have an island in the Southern Hemisphere and conditions favorable to catching Stringfish? It’s my last fish!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I think my idea for the drama-filled Cat Island™ reality show is really taking off, you guys

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Sahara was here today but Celeste didn't show up at night???? I thought they always came together

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Sahara was here today but Celeste didn't show up at night???? I thought they always came together

No? Celeste picks a night where you're supposed to get shooting stars. (But only once a week.) Sahara is just a chance to show up from mon-fri.

I had Flick and got Celeste today.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is it possible to get both Gulliver and Gullivarr in the same week?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, just not on back to back days, I think.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I finally got a horned Hercules on a nook mile island and now I have all the July fish and bugs. Do we know if nook mile islands are also good for ocean spawns?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Silver Falcon posted:

What? Oh that is such utter complete horseshit. That is indefensible.

From what I saw, going forward still worked fine. But if you get caught moving the time backwards *at all* it would reroll the prices both for the current day and the pattern for the week.

That does mean with patience you can keep rerolling a day to get a better turnip price, but in practice I never managed to get a price over ~200 bells so it really only helps if you've got an accomplice keeping Daisy Mae active on their island so you can do repeated trips.

The game seems to check the time of your last save against the current system time when you log in, so you only get caught if you roll the system time back behind your last save. It's still fine to roll back to the morning when you get home from work, assuming you last saved the day prior.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

do golden stags ONLY spawn on the coconut trees? I swear I just scared one off of a regular tree

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I've gotten both of them within the past week!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

yes. the only time one or the other can't spawn is, the day directly after you find one (the day when your reward would arrive in the mail).

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

im 99% sure that redd and his boat sank at sea cause i dunno where he went

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

He didn't show up for almost three weeks. Finally did last night and sold me a bogus Terracotta Warrior, but I wanted one for the bamboo grove, anyways.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I told Bluebear to say 'wow' and EVERYONE has picked it up. Apollo and Maple learned it on their FIRST DAYS on the island; I never even knew what their default phrases were!!!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nemo2342 posted:

From what I saw, going forward still worked fine. But if you get caught moving the time backwards *at all* it would reroll the prices both for the current day and the pattern for the week.

That does mean with patience you can keep rerolling a day to get a better turnip price, but in practice I never managed to get a price over ~200 bells so it really only helps if you've got an accomplice keeping Daisy Mae active on their island so you can do repeated trips.

The game seems to check the time of your last save against the current system time when you log in, so you only get caught if you roll the system time back behind your last save. It's still fine to roll back to the morning when you get home from work, assuming you last saved the day prior.

Welp, since my turnips are already borked this week, that just makes me inclined to be even more of a timelord this week. I already did some minor Time Crimes so I could pick up Frita from someone after another person adopted Julian. Frita's birthday is tomorrow, but she will still be unpacking that day and thus won't be able to celebrate her birthday. :( I think, anyway. If that's the case then I'll roll back to earlier in the week when I had Gullivarr and TIME CRIME the hell out of him.

Good job, Nintendo. Your lovely anti-time travel measures are having the opposite effect! :argh:

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
My island is buying turnips for 593 (AM price), turnip exchange code posted in the private server forum

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
Does anybody happen to have a spare recipe card for the wooden bookshelf? I thought I knew how to make it but I apparently don't, and I wanna build a library.

The stacked books recipe would be great as well. TIA, goons :shobon:

PacoTheThird fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 15, 2020

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I told Bluebear to say 'wow' and EVERYONE has picked it up. Apollo and Maple learned it on their FIRST DAYS on the island; I never even knew what their default phrases were!!!

Apollo's default is "Pah" and it's kinda dumb.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Coral Isle has Redd visiting today.

He has a fake quaint painting (SOLD), a real jolly painting (SOLD), a real mysterious painting (SOLD) and a real perfect painting (SOLD).

Tips of any kind are not required, but appreciated as I am a newer player. Also, sorry my island is a mess. Moving things around!

And feel free to visit Pango for the DIY recipe for a shell bed. Her house is way in the back on the right next to the beach.

There are some free DIYs on the beach to the left of the airport.

Dodo Code: closed

spinst fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 15, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bulgakov posted:

i'd say this is better than my experience with redd, where he's shown up probably a half dozen times but only once has he ever brought fewer than four fakes

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

spinst posted:

Coral Isle has Redd visiting today.

He has a fake quaint painting, a real jolly painting, a real mysterious painting (SOLD) and a real perfect painting.

Tips of any kind are not required, but appreciated as I am a newer player. Also, sorry my island is a mess. Moving things around!

And feel free to visit Pango for the DIY recipe for a shell bed. Her house is way in the back on the right next to the beach.

There are some free DIYs on the beach to the left of the airport.

Dodo Code: 4HLJW

Nice! Left you a tip in front of the airport.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Have they increased the chance of gold nuggets appearing? I don't bang all my rocks every day, but when I do, it seems like I always find one.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I see like one gold nugget every couple of days so I doubt it

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I have turnip prices at 446 bells if anyone wants to visit Kejimkujik. Code is CLOSED As always, dumb bulletin board notes are appreciated.

Edit - goon who left the Homestar Runner note rules.

RaspberrySea fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 15, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I finally got serious about cleaning up the stuff lying around on my island since that's the only advice Isabelle has now, even selling off my DIY pile...only to remember one of my favorite island fixtures is my money farm, which includes a few dozen money bags sitting on the ground. I know what I must do but I'm not sure I have the strength :negative:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Captain Hygiene posted:

I finally got serious about cleaning up the stuff lying around on my island since that's the only advice Isabelle has now, even selling off my DIY pile...only to remember one of my favorite island fixtures is my money farm, which includes a few dozen money bags sitting on the ground. I know what I must do but I'm not sure I have the strength :negative:

You can either get more lily of the valley, or have a giant money pile to roll around in, but not both.

I couldn't think of what was littering my Island for the longest time until I remembered that I had been keeping my turnips outside.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I only found 3 of the 4 fossils on my island today and don't feel like tracking the last one down, will it respawn in a different place tomorrow or remain in the same spot?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
It should remain in the same spot until you find it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Whoever has the poopy bathroom should add some sea weed. It's gross.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

E-flat posted:

It should remain in the same spot until you find it.

To add to this, it'll remain in the same spot for a few days, but you'll get another four on top of that. So tomorrow you'll have five total to find.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Rex the lazy lion is in boxes today. He's been with me since nearly the very beginning, he's sweet and hilarious. If you need a big cat on your island, PM or post and he's all yours.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1283516367916773379?s=21

Maple is in boxes RIGHT NOW! I am currently time traveling so it’s July 2 on Poo Island. PM me if interested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Rex the lazy lion is in boxes today. He's been with me since nearly the very beginning, he's sweet and hilarious. If you need a big cat on your island, PM or post and he's all yours.

as a bonus, his birthday should be soon since we're approaching Leo season.