Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Metaline posted:

I would LOVE to trade a green mum for a blue rose omg

Yessss. Let me scoop one up for you and I'll edit in the Dodo code.

Dodo Code: L66XW

Gotta hurry, though! Only ten minutes til server maintenance.

spinst fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

spinst posted:

Yessss. Let me scoop one up for you and I'll edit in the Dodo code.

I’m getting server maintenance in 11 minutes, so after that?

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Metaline posted:

I’m getting server maintenance in 11 minutes, so after that?

It's open now, but if you don't make it in time, we can do it after!

spinst fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 6, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Phew! Just in time.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

hell yeah, 5 stars baybeee

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Woop woop!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Anybody want a real Wistful Painting (Girl with a Pearl Earring)? Also got fakes of the Amazing Painting (The Night Watch) and Graceful Painting (Beauty Looking Back). I’m playing Apex right now but I can open up later tonight.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tiffany is moving out to make room for a camper, anyone want to take them?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

spinst posted:

hell yeah, 5 stars baybeee
:toot:
Time to start building up your Lily of the Valley garden, in preparation for stealthily poisoning your island enemies

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

:toot:
Time to start building up your Lily of the Valley garden, in preparation for stealthily poisoning your island enemies

Chow is officially on notice.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The patch you need to download now after maintenance ended has turned all trees that didn't have fruit, eggs or money on them and instead had...other things on them into trees....WITH DYNAMITE.

And they will BLOW UP YOUR ENTIRE ISLAND!

Not really, they just turned into money trees.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
goddammit, I just want to know what Maglev Mike did.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So I got a lily of the Vally, but when I checked my island was only 4 stars. I had done nothing other than cut down 3 trees on the same day I noticed the flower. I replanted them and it has not gone back up to 5 stars since. I have done a ton of decorating trying to get it up to 5 stars since then, but I am still at 4 stars. This happened right on the day the firework patch came out, could it have bugged my island for that day? As far as I know I have never been 5 stars...but I guess I would have had to have been.

edit

I have maybe two or three dropped recipes for my family to pickup or sell. Those usually don't sit on the ground for more than a day at most.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 6, 2020

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

badjohny posted:

So I got a lily of the Vally, but when I checked my island was only 4 stars. I had done nothing other than cuz down 3 trees on the same day I noticed the flower. I replanted them and it has not gone back up to 5 stars since. I have done a ton of decorating trying to get it up to 5 stars since then, but I am still at 4 stars. This happened right on the day the firework patch came out, could it have bugged my island for that day? As far as I know I have never been 5 stars...but I guess I would have had to have been.

Do you have a bunch of dropped items lying around? I read some speculation that the lily can sprout if your island would otherwise meet the five star requirement but something like that is holding it back.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

J-Spot posted:

Do you have a bunch of dropped items lying around? I read some speculation that the lily can sprout if your island would otherwise meet the five star requirement but something like that is holding it back.

This has been true on our island for weeks and no lily of the valley has appeared.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Damnit now I have 3 smugs, well one of them is going to get eliminated by Mecha cranston I guess.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't know if I set them up wrong but I'm having having more trouble sprouting purple tulips than I am blue roses for some reason

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

goddammit, I just want to know what Maglev Mike did.

He took the relationship off the rails, what more do you need to know?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I don't know if I set them up wrong but I'm having having more trouble sprouting purple tulips than I am blue roses for some reason

Just the opposite for my island. Now purple tulips were hard to get started with, but they're as easy to spread as regular tulips once you've got two. I had better luck getting started with 2 orange parents than 2 blacks.

Still working on my first blue rose.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I still seem to be getting a lot more campsite visitors, I think it's been one a week lately. Sadly it seems there's an unsolvable quantity vs quality problem as they're all weirdos I have no interest in.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

badjohny posted:

So I got a lily of the Vally, but when I checked my island was only 4 stars. I had done nothing other than cut down 3 trees on the same day I noticed the flower. I replanted them and it has not gone back up to 5 stars since. I have done a ton of decorating trying to get it up to 5 stars since then, but I am still at 4 stars. This happened right on the day the firework patch came out, could it have bugged my island for that day? As far as I know I have never been 5 stars...but I guess I would have had to have been.

edit

I have maybe two or three dropped recipes for my family to pickup or sell. Those usually don't sit on the ground for more than a day at most.

What does Isabelle say about your rating? If you are at the cusp, the advice will be fairly specific.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wait a minute, I’m reading that you are supposed to get ten birthday cupcakes? I only got 6... and I didn’t get all the birthday items from those six, either. This is bullshit.
I thought they were to share with your irl friends. So I got like no birthday items.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
My island has nothing going on at the moment, I don't unlock terraforming until tomorrow, and my planned downtown area is mostly just a big empty field.

But turnips are currently 447 bells. Dodo code is: MD533

Mind the flowers, grab a DIY off the beach if you like, and toss a donation to my bridge project if you're feeling benevolent.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 7, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

track day bro! posted:

Damnit now I have 3 smugs, well one of them is going to get eliminated by Mecha cranston I guess.

Hey. Hit you up by PM if you're still around, friend.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The Sean posted:

Hey. Hit you up by PM if you're still around, friend.

I'm about now for a little bit!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

track day bro! posted:

I'm about now for a little bit!

It's been a little bit, I know, but I'm open at 3VB8P. If you're not around, no hard feelings.

Edit: Thanks again! I really appreciate it. If you ever need anything in the future feel free to ask.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 7, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nameless Pete posted:

My island has nothing going on at the moment, I don't unlock terraforming until tomorrow, and my planned downtown area is mostly just a big empty field.

But turnips are currently 447 bells. Dodo code is: LF14G

Mind the flowers, grab a DIY off the beach if you like, and toss a donation to my bridge project if you're feeling benevolent.
tried to come over twice but I got connection error from you both times, alas

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
dropped it off, also you had the cat cap thingy which I've somehow never had in ables. sorry I've gotta get off now as i've got work fairly early tomorrow!

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Blaziken386 posted:

tried to come over twice but I got connection error from you both times, alas

Had a slight internet hiccup, so anybody who still needs in on 447 bell turnips, the code is now MD533. I'll be AFK up in the hills for a bit.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nameless Pete posted:

Had a slight internet hiccup, so anybody who still needs in on 447 bell turnips, the code is now MD533. I'll be AFK up in the hills for a bit.
Thanks~! :toot:

I left you a present in front of your house.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

track day bro! posted:

dropped it off, also you had the cat cap thingy which I've somehow never had in ables. sorry I've gotta get off now as i've got work fairly early tomorrow!

Thanks, again! I really appreciate it!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Fritzler posted:

I thought they were to share with your irl friends. So I got like no birthday items.

For what it's worth, I shared them with all the town members and got regular presents in return (random clothing items, mostly), so I'm in the same boat.

They even gave me special dialog, so it wasn't as though it was treating it as fruit.

What's more: I couldn't gift Portia yet (friendship wasn't high enough) and gave her a cupcake the day after. She had a special line about belated birthday wishes or something.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 7, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Hey anyone else who has a sumo ring in their storage, the picture for it doesn't show up for you either right now right? Just wanna make sure my game isn't acting funny.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hey anyone else who has a sumo ring in their storage, the picture for it doesn't show up for you either right now right? Just wanna make sure my game isn't acting funny.

This is happening to a friend of mine also with the sumo ring; I haven’t checked mine yet though.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I looked just yesterday and saw two copies in my storage showing up normally.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Opening up because I'm doing a lot of DIY and stuff, so why not? Nothing exciting in Nook's except a server. Able's has Lolita dresses and the kiwi dress. Turnip prices are terrible at 96.

Take anything you need except any blue flowers! I will be running around decorating and stuff. If you're feeling generous, I'm trying to build a ramp (cross the stone bridge behind resident services and go left) or I could use stone!

Closed. Thanks for helping me with the ramp!!!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 7, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Apparently the latest update has glitched the Sumo Ring flooring so if you lay it on the ground of a room it will try to take some of the pattern of whatever wallpaper is up, sometimes to weird effect

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Apparently the latest update has glitched the Sumo Ring flooring so if you lay it on the ground of a room it will try to take some of the pattern of whatever wallpaper is up, sometimes to weird effect

Woah that's wild. Some of them are kinda cool though.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I hit a 5 star rating either yesterday or today. Does the lily of the valley sprout immediately and then once a week afterwards? Can it be anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I hit a 5 star rating either yesterday or today. Does the lily of the valley sprout immediately and then once a week afterwards? Can it be anywhere?

I hit 5 stars on Monday or Tuesday, I forget when, and have gotten two this week. They can definitely spawn in smaller increments.