Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I hit a 5 star rating either yesterday or today. Does the lily of the valley sprout immediately and then once a week afterwards? Can it be anywhere?

It’s a random chance every day, not guaranteed immediately or once a week. And they primarily sprout near cliffs. I think I ended up with about 5 in the 2.5 weeks that I had a 5 star island. (My island score was jacked through the roof due to a giant pile of bugs sitting outside, and when I finally sold them to Flick it plummeted).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Paolo is moving out! Let me know if you want this good lazy pink elephant.
Taken!
https://twitter.com/ebthurmond/status/1291752698715320320?s=19

unmeidestiny fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 8, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Do you have to wait for the lily to be fully grown before digging it up?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Do you have to wait for the lily to be fully grown before digging it up?

They only spawn fully grown, I believe

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Yeah they only have one stage, fully grown. Which also means you can't pick them or gently caress em up by running over them.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I’m island hopping for a new villager and saw the same one two islands in a row, ughhhhhhhhhhh

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

am I just incompetent at googling, or is there really no icebr.art type tool to catalogue what art you’ve bought and not from Redd? it’s kinda annoying that I have to keep running over to my museum just to see what I’ve got (and immediately forget anyway) anytime he’s in town

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Metaline posted:

I’m island hopping for a new villager and saw the same one two islands in a row, ughhhhhhhhhhh

You would think this would be rare but it happens to me every time.

VapeApologist
Sep 25, 2016

ulvir posted:

am I just incompetent at googling, or is there really no icebr.art type tool to catalogue what art you’ve bought and not from Redd? it’s kinda annoying that I have to keep running over to my museum just to see what I’ve got (and immediately forget anyway) anytime he’s in town

I usually check my nook shopping app to see if I have the art already.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

J-Spot posted:

You would think this would be rare but it happens to me every time.

It was worth it. I got Judy two islands later!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

ulvir posted:

Nook Shopping App definitely helps, but if you haven't bought the 100 items from the ATM yet, you won't have it on your phone and it'll be about the same as visiting the museum. Even then, I've just kept a paper list of everything.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Luckily the nook store app on your in-game phone once you get it even lists the forgeries alongside the real ones.

Unfortunately it doesn't actually say "Forgery" or "Genuine" you just gotta know which one the one in your catalogue already is.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I just got that app like yesterday or so, so that’ll help a little bit, at least. didn’t know the nook store actually catalogued your artwork as well

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
I have Celia in boxes today if anyone wants her. She's a wonderful villager who frequently waters my flowers, but I am letting her go because she's still in one of the starter homes and she deserves better.

https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Celia

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Still love this place

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1291859492133433345?s=21

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
People are so creative.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Light ‘em Up!

DODO Code: closed

Cataloging time on Rhosyn! Come touch things for your catalog and shed a little light on the subject! Free stuff to the right of the airport. Visit my new improved cataloging location (follow the signs). I’m a big fan of drawings on my board! Feel free to pull any weeds and pick up sticks if you come across them. I'm dressed for covid testing (covid testing not provided).

All catalog items are complete sets!

* Firepit
* Floor Light
* Cute Lamps
* Gas Range
* Floor Lamp
* Rocket Lamp
* Humidifier
* Lantern
* Rattan Lamp
* Oil Barrel
* Clay Oven
* System Kitchen
* Soft Serve Lamp
* Open-Frame Kitchen
* Folding Lamp
* Camp Stove
* Campfire Cookware
* Fireplace
* Kitchen Island

Remember - pick up and put down, don’t take! If you want to take something, take the giveaways to the right of the airport. Follow the signs to the cataloging area. Thanks to all the goons who helped contribute to the catalog! Buy whatever you would like at the store!

Needed for Cataloging List: (don’t feel obligated, this is for future catalog parties. They’re reorderables I don’t have yet, and there’s no urgency to get them. But that takes too long to type.)
https://nookplaza.net/lists/55543

Bonster fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 8, 2020

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

ulvir posted:

Use the ACNH.Guide app if you have an Android phone.

e: and apparently iOS too

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bonster posted:

Light ‘em Up!

Hey I was going to say thanks for letting me catalogue stuff when my internet crapped out, sorry about that. It did it right as I was trying to enter the airport too. It saved the things I wanted to catalogue though so no worry there. Thanks again for letting me come over and catalogue!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hey I was going to say thanks for letting me catalogue stuff when my internet crapped out, sorry about that. It did it right as I was trying to enter the airport too. It saved the things I wanted to catalogue though so no worry there. Thanks again for letting me come over and catalogue!

Sure! The gate is still open, so no big deal!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Bonster posted:

Light ‘em Up!

DODO Code: GDWRH

Cataloging time on Rhosyn! Come touch things for your catalog and shed a little light on the subject! Free stuff to the right of the airport. Visit my new improved cataloging location (follow the signs). I’m a big fan of drawings on my board! Feel free to pull any weeds and pick up sticks if you come across them. I'm dressed for covid testing (covid testing not provided).

All catalog items are complete sets!

* Firepit
* Floor Light
* Cute Lamps
* Gas Range
* Floor Lamp
* Rocket Lamp
* Humidifier
* Lantern
* Rattan Lamp
* Oil Barrel
* Clay Oven
* System Kitchen
* Soft Serve Lamp
* Open-Frame Kitchen
* Folding Lamp
* Camp Stove
* Campfire Cookware
* Fireplace
* Kitchen Island

Remember - pick up and put down, don’t take! If you want to take something, take the giveaways to the right of the airport. Follow the signs to the cataloging area. Thanks to all the goons who helped contribute to the catalog! Buy whatever you would like at the store!

Needed for Cataloging List: (don’t feel obligated, this is for future catalog parties. They’re reorderables I don’t have yet, and there’s no urgency to get them. But that takes too long to type.)
https://nookplaza.net/lists/55543

Thanks so much! Looks like I missed a few things but I gotta cook supper now. Looking forward to next time!

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020
unfortunately, a thunderstorm rolled through and my internet is being fickle, so I might need to close for the night. but I'll be open at least one other time this weekend!

ruinous orchid fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 8, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Tangy just gave me her photo for the second time. Didn't realize that could happen!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a good way to get a Giant Stag? Nook island, cut down coconuts, pull up flowers? (Assuming it's a nook isle that can spawn beetles?)

Still haven't seen a dang cicada shell either. Was really hoping they might be a bit more common this month or something.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You want coconut trees for any stag, really

Lieberhaeschen
Jan 15, 2008
Little by little the terriers make us free!
Hey yall,
Celeste is on Pen Island. So far I've gotten a lunar rover recipe and a leo sculpture recipe from her. Come on by if you want a recipe! I will mostly be AFK so please be nice to my flowers.

Dodo code: DPHSW closed for tonight, thanks for stopping by!

Lieberhaeschen fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 8, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Opening up my island for Chadder in boxes for anyone interested, see the PGS thread, first come first serve. Also, free cherries.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
My birthday was yesterday and my wife got up before me and decorated the outside of my house with balloons and birthday candles, left me some presents, and hid a record player playing Birthday.

Then, I went to our eight year old nephew’s island, he set up a table and some chairs with some fireworks for me to make a wish on, and also had some gifts for me.

I love this game.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I really want Ellie to move out because, while sweet, she is pretty boring, but I feel horrible not giving her presents and stuff. Why can't they make villager moveouts slightly less guilt-inducing???

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Buy an amiibo card of ebay maybe? Then you can just choose who you want to go.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

track day bro! posted:

Buy an amiibo card of ebay maybe? Then you can just choose who you want to go.

I was thinking about it, but since this is my first AC experience, I kind of like taking whoever comes my way and trying them out. But I might do that a bit further down the line.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm just using em for my first five villagers so if they do leave, I can get them back eventually.

Also I'm pretty sure the friendship level stuff doesn't matter if the villager wants to leave or not

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

track day bro! posted:

I'm just using em for my first five villagers so if they do leave, I can get them back eventually.

Also I'm pretty sure the friendship level stuff doesn't matter if the villager wants to leave or not

Yeah. I was super good to Teddy, and he still asked to leave twice.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You want coconut trees for any stag, really

The listing I saw says Giant Stag is 11pm-8am, "on trees" where as bunch of other beetles specify "on trees (coconut)" - I'm thinking removing coconut might eliminate some of the beetles I don't need from spawning?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

track day bro! posted:

It actually does. The higher your friendship, the less likely a villager is to be the one asking to leave during your ~16 day cycle; lower friendship folks are more likely to ask.

But it's all random, the the range of probability that friendship level affects is relatively small. So it barely matters.

It's like the different color present balloons. Each color indicates a category of item found in the present (e.g. yellow means bells), but it can still randomly contain any type of item.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

track day bro! posted:

Anecdotal, not scientific but:

I got Al the ugly rear end ape and ignored him forever hoping that he'd leave. Then someone suggested on the forums that they won't leave unless their friendship level is at a certain point. I started talking to him every day, compared to literally never, and then he asked to move out.

Again, anecdotal. It would kind of make sense to have animals you're friends with ask to leave since that presents a bit of drama to the game.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I spent the first month of the game trying to get rid of Violet by ignoring her because the internet insisted that made a difference. I would have been better off smacking her with a net to lower her friendship points but the consensus at the time was that counted as an interaction that would make them not want to leave.

The best thing to do to get a villager to leave is to not complete the move out conversation with someone you do want to leave so the move out event has a chance to jump to someone else the next day. It might still take awhile but it beats waiting a week between rolls.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The Sean posted:

Anecdotal, not scientific but:

I got Al the ugly rear end ape and ignored him forever hoping that he'd leave. Then someone suggested on the forums that they won't leave unless their friendship level is at a certain point. I started talking to him every day, compared to literally never, and then he asked to move out.

Again, anecdotal. It would kind of make sense to have animals you're friends with ask to leave since that presents a bit of drama to the game.

Again, this has been datamined.

There is a "move out" thought that every one of your villagers can get. Each day this thought is available, it has the possibility of popping up with one of your villagers. The chance it will appear on a certain villager is based on a formula that is influenced by your friendship level with that villager. The higher the friendship level, the more likely that specific villager will NOT have that thought. But it is still random.

Say you have 10 villagers. Teddy is your BFF at 255, while you never talked to Rodney and he's at 25. Rodney is more likely to ask to leave when someone is eligible for that thought. But it could be any of the 10, even Teddy, because it is still random and the probability is only mildly affected by friendship level.

This thought bubble has a cooldown; it resets to 5 days if you answer no to a villager who wants to leave. It resets to 16(?) days after a villager moves out. After 16 days, the move-out thought can occur at any time on any one of your villagers based on the above random chance. It will change villagers (potentially going back to the same one) each day until you talk to the person with it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Can you bop the moving away thought bubble off of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Opening my town while I afk: 9GLVF. I don't know if anything special is going on but my town is pretty.

Copy/pasting previous description:

The Sean posted:

I am opening my town while I go afk for a while. I am very proud of my town and house so far. It's a relaxing resort town with a nice hotel and restaurant, bamboo and pine forests with winding trails, relaxing eating and date spots,zen garden, boardgaming, dance club, bongs, drinks, and more. I also have a large focus on music so depending on where you go I've got ambient sound to embolden the mood. Important (to me) to note: I haven't time travelled at all, but someone gifted me some shrooms.

Leave a nice or mean comment if you want.