Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
It seems that planting the vegetable you grow counts towards you “plant starters” nook miles goals, so that’s a lot easier than needing to source a starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cats
May 11, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

It seems that planting the vegetable you grow counts towards you “plant starters” nook miles goals, so that’s a lot easier than needing to source a starter.

Whenever I land on a Kapp'n island with crops I just pick and re-plant everything. I like to think it offsets all the Nook Mile islands I deforested nearly 2 years ago.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

eating only apples posted:

I get a huge serotonin boost when the villager I'm building for gives me the extra "wow, you spent so much time on this!" dialogue. Does that mean they can give me a present later? I don't even care lol

If they say that, you can talk to them on the HHP main island to get a wallpaper, flooring, or rug that you used in their house. It's a nice little bonus for spending more than 20 minutes on a design.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I had no idea about the gift thing now I gotta go talk to these people. I want a wallpaper from the lion I gave the deep fryer for his toilet kingdom so he could live his horrible copraphage fantasies in peace.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/Amppelix/status/1464962544335208453

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I gotta say, while most of the Nook Miles stamps are fine, the one for 3000 DIY tools is absolutely insane. I’ve barely made more than 1500 at this point, 18 months after the game released. The one for DIY furniture is also kinda crazy, but that one is easily done by just making a document stack into scattered papers and vice-versa, over and over.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I gotta say, while most of the Nook Miles stamps are fine, the one for 3000 DIY tools is absolutely insane. I’ve barely made more than 1500 at this point, 18 months after the game released. The one for DIY furniture is also kinda crazy, but that one is easily done by just making a document stack into scattered papers and vice-versa, over and over.

If you really want to grind it out, set up a diy bench and a bin next to a non-fruit tree. Shake for branches until you have a few stacks, craft them into flimsy nets, throw them out, repeat.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Even better, craft them into nice sticks that only use three branches instead of five. They count as tools since you hold them. But yeah, it’s stupid. I kind of want to complete every stamp though since I have like 90% of them already.

Edit: 2500 sea creatures is another one that will take some time. I am almost done with 5000 bugs & fish but only have 1800 sea creatures. Such a pain.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 28, 2021

cats
May 11, 2009
At least the sea creatures give you a nice profit, especially at night and in winter when there's not a ton of good bugs/fish to farm. I finally hit 2500 last week. Currently at 1597 tools and 1169 furniture, I guess it's nice to have some long term goals but it's a big step up from 1000 to 3000.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what i did is ignore them

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

oddium posted:

what i did is ignore them

This is the true power move.

Hell I rarely even craft tools. I just buy a new one when they break. It's not worth the bother going to my house, digging the poo poo I need out of storage, walking over to my bench, mashing A...

If you could craft stuff out of your storage then maybe I'd be more inclined to bother. Maybe.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

the ones you can buy from nooks look cuter anyway!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is the final stamp for DIY furniture 3000? I haven’t even gotten 1000 yet lol

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
today, there was a sale at nooks, going until the 30th. Is that a new event added in this update? Because I've literally never seen it happen before.

I managed to get some very cool looking Samurai Armor, which was nice

Silver Falcon posted:

This is the true power move.

Hell I rarely even craft tools. I just buy a new one when they break. It's not worth the bother going to my house, digging the poo poo I need out of storage, walking over to my bench, mashing A...

If you could craft stuff out of your storage then maybe I'd be more inclined to bother. Maybe.
the only time i craft tools anymore is when i get unlucky and they break on a Nook Mile Isle. Occasionally if I remember I slather tools with a fresh coat of paint to reset their durability

IMO its still very dumb that they got rid of silver tools and introduced tool durability in this game. Would've preferred it if silver was better than normal but still limited, and gold stuff just never broke. I caught every goddang fish and bug, my character should know how to take care of a fancy net by now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Blaziken386 posted:

today, there was a sale at nooks, going until the 30th. Is that a new event added in this update? Because I've literally never seen it happen before.

It's AC's version of Black Friday.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Even better, craft them into nice sticks that only use three branches instead of five.

I'm...not familiar with these, I must confess! Where do you learn the recipe?

e: nevermind, answered my own question!

Majorian fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 28, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This morning I got the cave recipe on the vacation destination island and holy poo poo I love it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Blaziken386 posted:

I managed to get some very cool looking Samurai Armor, which was nice

the only time i craft tools anymore is when i get unlucky and they break on a Nook Mile Isle. Occasionally if I remember I slather tools with a fresh coat of paint to reset their durability

IMO its still very dumb that they got rid of silver tools and introduced tool durability in this game. Would've preferred it if silver was better than normal but still limited, and gold stuff just never broke. I caught every goddang fish and bug, my character should know how to take care of a fancy net by now
I'm guessing it's to force players to engage with the diy mechanic, except that only lasts as long as it takes for you to have enough bells that you don't mind buying all your tools.

Its main effect for me has been that I don't bother chopping trees or hitting rocks unless I need their materials for something specific(and I'm past the point of needing bells from the bell rock). And I fish less than I did in earlier ACs, although a larger part of that is just that there's not much reason to once you get all of that season's fish for the museum.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's AC's version of Black Friday.
And they'll remind you about it every single time you go into nook's to sell stuff, so have fun button mashing!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The nookies gotta hustle or they don't get dinner before bed

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My Nook shop had a Game Show stand, and you can customize the answers on it! Now all I have to do is make up a show for my island. I've already got the briefcase full of cash.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Even better, craft them into nice sticks that only use three branches instead of five. They count as tools since you hold them. But yeah, it’s stupid. I kind of want to complete every stamp though since I have like 90% of them already.
I did a lot of grinding for stamps, but there were a handful, like the last diy stamps, that I just wrote off.

And the KK Slider one. I've gone this long without interacting with him a single time, I'm certainly not gonna start now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Slugworth posted:

I did a lot of grinding for stamps, but there were a handful, like the last diy stamps, that I just wrote off.

And the KK Slider one. I've gone this long without interacting with him a single time, I'm certainly not gonna start now.

Okay that’s extremely hosed up. KK concerts are awesome.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Agreed. The villagers have glow sticks now, and they clap at the end of the song.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Slugworth posted:

mods!?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

And you get a copy of the song you request too! It’s great for completing your music collection.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Nessa posted:

And you get a copy of the song you request too! It’s great for completing your music collection.

If you pick dealer's choice he gives you a random song you don't have. Good for lazy completists

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CHiRAL posted:

If you pick dealer's choice he gives you a random song you don't have. Good for lazy completists

Oh, it's guaranteed to be a new one (to you)? Nice! I thought I was just lucking out.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh, it's guaranteed to be a new one (to you)? Nice! I thought I was just lucking out.

It was until the new songs. For some reason, he gave me a repeat of Chillwave, despite having registered it a few days prior.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Oh snap... Redd has two bits of real art with him on Harv's island, and they are *both* things I don't yet have? drat! Wonder what the pickings will be like when Redd next visits my island. Now excuse me while I fire up my alt, and then rush out to buy a lottery ticket...

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The one for DIY furniture is also kinda crazy, but that one is easily done by just making a document stack into scattered papers and vice-versa, over and over.

Just throwing a stack of papers into the air, very deliberately picking them all up and making a neat stack just to throw it in the air again. For hours.

Lucky about to call mental health services on me.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

people who've unlocked villager house redecorating: do you get access to the full catalogue while you do it, or do you actually have to bring furniture yourself?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

people who've unlocked villager house redecorating: do you get access to the full catalogue while you do it, or do you actually have to bring furniture yourself?

you get your whole catalog, exactly as though you were decorating in HHP

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

someone awful. posted:

I had the same question, and this answer is *epic*.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

someone awful. posted:

And it will nicely put both the default furniture and the current furniture in the house on that first tab where it would normally list the recommended pieces. Really helpful if you want to fix one of your OG villagers without having Isabelle completely wipe their house.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Wasn't planning on opening, but then I found Celeste, so here we are. Warp pipe will take you directly to where I've trapped her.

Dodo in PGS

Buy what you want in the stores. Kicks is here.

Take some crops/starters, DIYs, recipes and ingredients if you want.

The clothing and accessories are for cataloging. To the right of the airport across the bridge is everything I've managed to get from the vacation island or as a high-priced and/or rare item from Nooks. It's all available to catalog as well.

I'll be AFK but checking on the connection. Have fun!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Willing to pay for the moving train car wallpaper, if anyone has it and is up for selling.

$100k?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Cyd is in boxes tonight on my island as Stitches immediately decided he was going to move in. Let me know if you’ve got a free plot for a heavy metal elephant.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Hey everyone! The isle of Mofufu is currently buying Turnips for 395 Bells!

Also Redd is here with fake Academic and Jolly Paintings.

Also also, feel free to check out Ables for some custom designs. The ones outside the shop aren't mine, but these ones are! (aya outfit not included)

Dodo code over in the PGS thread

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Come on down to Samd Souci!

**Redd**is here with a **beautiful statue, basic painting and flowery painting** no idea if they’re real or not so buyer beware. He’s at pirates cove in the top right off the map

**Zucker is also making coconut pancakes** I’ve moved the pipe to be near his home

Nooks has unlimited chips!

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a billboard post if you have time.

I’ll be afk but dm me if anything happens

Dodo is: CLOSED

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Blaziken386 posted:

Hey everyone! The isle of Mofufu is currently buying Turnips for 395 Bells!

Also Redd is here with fake Academic and Jolly Paintings.

Also also, feel free to check out Ables for some custom designs. The ones outside the shop aren't mine, but these ones are! (aya outfit not included)

Dodo code over in the PGS thread

wow your island rules