Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I have a little bit of a saucy request to make. I'd like to fill out my 'roster' of fruit, so I was wondering... If anyone still reading this thread, and still playing the game, *and* who might have me on their friend-list, would be willing to send me some fruit?

I just need an:
Apple
Orange
Peach

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
If you haven't gotten them yet, drop me your friend code and I can send them your way later today. (Unless we're already friends, in which case I just need to know what name you use on there. :sweatdrop:)

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

SilentChaz posted:

If you haven't gotten them yet, drop me your friend code and I can send them your way later today. (Unless we're already friends, in which case I just need to know what name you use on there. :sweatdrop:)

My friend code is:

SW 0725 4741 4317

"magimix", but I don't think we've done the friend-code thing; at the least, I don't have a "SilentChaz" in my list :v:

Edit: While I'm here... Skye is coming along nicely. I'm not looking to rush, so just going at an easy pace in terms of improvements, getting residents, etc. That said, I *am* up to 7 residents now:

* Cookie
* Jeremiah
* Pierce
* Shari
* Lucha (unpacked yesterday)
* Rod (unpacking today)

I'm holding off further house-improvement loan replayments for now (no basement or upper-floor for a while), so I can just think about bridges and inclines, as I work towards a 3-star rating.

magimix fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 19, 2024

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Have you sent a resident on your island or your future self a letter yet? 'Cause I can't send you anything until you do.

(I couldn't understand why until I looked it up. :sweatdrop:)

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
You gotta go to the airport and talk to old mate about postcards, yeah

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

SilentChaz posted:

Have you sent a resident on your island or your future self a letter yet? 'Cause I can't send you anything until you do.

(I couldn't understand why until I looked it up. :sweatdrop:)

While I hadn't sent a future-dated message to myself, I have previously sent messages to other residents. From my own reminding, I think one has to have visited a person's island (either direction) before letters can be mutually sent? I'd forgotten about the tricksy online stuff!

In case the time is ripe, I've actually opened my island to everyone on my friends list (just idling while I do chores). And if the time *isn't* ripe, no worries; not looking to be a pain in anyone's neck, to be sure :angel:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

magimix posted:

While I hadn't sent a future-dated message to myself, I have previously sent messages to other residents. From my own reminding, I think one has to have visited a person's island (either direction) before letters can be mutually sent? I'd forgotten about the tricksy online stuff!

In case the time is ripe, I've actually opened my island to everyone on my friends list (just idling while I do chores). And if the time *isn't* ripe, no worries; not looking to be a pain in anyone's neck, to be sure :angel:

Ohhh that's true too. It doesn't matter if you were friends before resetting, you gotta revisit to become friends in acnh

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

magimix posted:

Fruit (and a few other things) delivered in front of your house! :angel: I no longer need to send you mail. :v:

Also ran around talking to everyone, especially Rod, as he was one of my first residents and the egotistical perfect snowperson. :3:

Now to return to Mau-Mau and then Happy Home Paradise, which is kind of scratching the wanna remake my island itch.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

SilentChaz posted:

Fruit (and a few other things) delivered in front of your house! :angel: I no longer need to send you mail. :v:

Also ran around talking to everyone, especially Rod, as he was one of my first residents and the egotistical perfect snowperson. :3:

Now to return to Mau-Mau and then Happy Home Paradise, which is kind of scratching the wanna remake my island itch.

Thank you so much! :dance:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Returning to Happy Home Paradise has really scratched the itch to remake my island. I don't have to worry about years of work and generosity down the drain. It's nicely low stakes but with creative freedom. If I want to give up on a design, I can just make sure they have the requested items and call it a day rather than stressing out and feeling compelled to keep going with the island redesign.

I'm trying to go for the more esoteric requests, or at least ones I haven't done before. Like a bear who wanted a place that was getting ready for a move (I tried to make a maze out of boxes for him). And a hamster who wanted to have a place with a smoky aroma. Enjoy your deathtrap, Humphrey.

I'm still dodging the residents of my island, because I don't want to sit through the dialogue where they talk about how they've missed me. Audie invited herself over when I was stomping out roaches in my house. (The little ghosts leaving their bodies when they die is so charming. :3:) She didn't comment on my long absence while she was over, which was interesting.

Thinking I need to take down the cataloging signs from my island and open up for visitors to take what they please and clean up my island for me at some point. I won't say no if anyone takes some weeds when they visit either. :v:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The only thing really holding me back from starting fresh is redoing the museum. Some of those summer beetles and art pieces were a bitch and a half to gather.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I’m forcing myself to play slowly by only using the money I’ve made earned since restarting (even though I have 25 million in the bank) and the slow pace of it is making me happy.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
I'd forgotten about when the change in season would be happening, so it was a nice surprise when I fired up the game, and all the snow was gone. Thinking on winter, something that I used to struggle with, but apparently no longer do, is making perfect snowboys. I don't know what I was having trouble with before. Maybe I'm just more relaxed this time round, I dunno.

Anyway, nice to have the greenery back. In the last few days I've been adding bridges and inclines across the island, so now all the major areas are connected with each other. I'm up to 8 residents, with Lucha, Rod, and Velma being the most recent. Island has a 2-star rating at the moment, so once I get the last two residents, maybe a bit more island sprucing-up, I'll look forward to K.K.'s first visit.

And *then* I can start focusing on some of the broader things I'd like to do. Got a nice spot I want to move my house to, and I can start thinking about the 'themed exteriors' thing for residents.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I'm sad I'm going into winter soon

On my freakign jungle island :whitewater:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Chewbecca posted:

Climate change :(

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

magimix posted:

I'd forgotten about when the change in season would be happening, so it was a nice surprise when I fired up the game, and all the snow was gone. Thinking on winter, something that I used to struggle with, but apparently no longer do, is making perfect snowboys. I don't know what I was having trouble with before. Maybe I'm just more relaxed this time round, I dunno.

i loaded up my island for the first time in months the other day, made a perfect snowboy somehow, then the very next day all the snow was gone lol

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Chewbecca posted:

Tell yah what, I'll figure out how to do the whole online thingy, and you can come visit up here.
Our island is still fairly new, started years after others, and I don't play often, more with my daughter when I have her.

Made the mistake of letting her set up the first character, then my character later, so if I want to do anything substantial I need to log in to her character. I don't want to mess with her stuff, but my character can't do the main quest stuff.

What the hell am I rambling about?

Anyhow, let's go fishing some time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The co-op on harv's island is so cute

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Handy to, when you restart and have to re-collect vegetables and rugs etc

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Chewbecca posted:

Handy to, when you restart and have to re-collect vegetables and rugs etc

When you restart don't you have to wait for the conditions to happen to be able to revisit Harv? It's been almost 4 years since I started my game.

I also think this is why I am really reluctant to start completely over: I have a lot of really great memories of playing with friends when we were all in lockdown, and I don't want to loose a lot of the locations that I had back then.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

When you restart don't you have to wait for the conditions to happen to be able to revisit Harv? It's been almost 4 years since I started my game.

I also think this is why I am really reluctant to start completely over: I have a lot of really great memories of playing with friends when we were all in lockdown, and I don't want to loose a lot of the locations that I had back then.

Yeah you have to have 3 stars to be able to upgrade harv's island to have all the different stalls there

Still quicker than waiting organically for Leif to come (or whatever)

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Speaking of three stars... Skye became a 3-star island as of today :dance: I think what pushed it over the edge was Norma moving in (she was unpacking yesterday). I very much look forward to the veritable flood of additional cool poo poo that'll start becoming available.

One more house kit to place, and then I'll be at 10 residents as well. Even though I've not even begun any large scale plans (want to get the last resident, and last house upgrade first, at the least), already very much at that 'I love this island' stage of things, as well as very happy with the residents thus far.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
The age of the bunny is upon us :gonk:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

magimix posted:

The age of the bunny is upon us :gonk:

Zipper T was right outside my house when I booted up the game today :stonk:

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I wonder how Bunny Day would've been received if it hadn't coincided with the first month of gameplay for so many people. Trying to get needed craft materials, fossils, and fish but getting an egg instead was so frustrating. I also didn't remember it was longer in the first update, no wonder it was so reviled.

quote:

In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the Bunny Day celebrations last for eight days (12 days prior to version 1.9.0) and end on Bunny Day itself, with Zipper appearing on the first and last days.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They also reduced the rate eggs would show up in general.

Like the sky eggs legitimately caused psychic damage with how often they came "WHOOOSH"ing up on your island prepatch.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Mercury Hat posted:

I wonder how Bunny Day would've been received if it hadn't coincided with the first month of gameplay for so many people. Trying to get needed craft materials, fossils, and fish but getting an egg instead was so frustrating. I also didn't remember it was longer in the first update, no wonder it was so reviled.

It was a combination of first month of gameplay, too many eggs and also cherry blossom season so there was definitely an overload for a lot of people trying to collect resources and breaking tools on items (eggs) they didn't want to get when nobody had figured out yet how to make tougher tools or unlock golden tools (and we all thought Nook's Cranny was going to upgrade further than it ended up doing)

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

(and we all thought Nook's Cranny was going to upgrade further than it ended up doing)
Those stairs, man.. I was sure we were gonna see the upstairs some day.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Slugworth posted:

Those stairs, man.. I was sure we were gonna see the upstairs some day.

:argh:

:smith:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’ve actually been excited for Bunny Day this year. I started a game for my 3 year old because she wanted her own house. I’ve just been getting as many recipes and stuff for her as I can. I’ve already upgraded her house to get the upstairs room. I have an absolute ton of blue roses on my island and my other character has the blue rose wreath recipe, so easy cash. My kid’s very first wreath recipe happened to be the gold rose one, so she can at least make those, and I have a decent amount of gold roses.

My kid loves playing Easter egg hunt year round, so she was excited to find a bunch of eggs today in the game. Though her favourite thing to do is just go to work and decorate houses for animals. I basically do all the work, but she helps pick some things to have in the room and what colours stuff should be.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah I kinda want to get all the Bunny Day DIYs I'm missing, so I guess I'll be camped out looking for balloons for awhile.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I'm having to dig up all of my hibiscus to replace with tea bushes, and I hate it :negative:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Trying to keep shrubs in bloom is pure pain.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

TheMadMilkman posted:

Trying to keep shrubs in bloom is pure pain.

I don't like them as much as the hibiscus either, so the whole thing is a bummer

In other news, eggs make me want to cry lol. The trees look like poo poo

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I got the 100 fish streak achievement while trying to get the water egg outfit DIY. My streak was around 40 when I started fishing yesterday.

I would have been at about 120 when I finally got the DIY. So obnoxious.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
One thing I'm definitely not sweating the second time around is trying to catch ever critter in each season, nor sweating stuff like the 100-catches-in-a-row thing. Not to say others *are* necessarily sweating that sort of thing; just speaking for myself.

I let my first resident (Shari) move out. I know that HHP lets you decorate resident homes eventually, but I like mixing up the residents from time to time, so I'll again be letting my original three move out when they ask. I continue to have great luck inviting new residents from Nook Islands, so I have Bianca moving in tomorrow.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I must have shot down 20 balloons before getting a single DIY and it was for a bamboo lamp :negative: . I'm never getting all these Bunny Day DIYs.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I plan to actually do all of the nook mile achievements this time around, so having the 100 fish done is a nice relief.

Oh, and I’m making ALL of the bug and fish models. I spend a LOT of time chasing rare fish.

I’m enjoying planning out my island. I have my farm area laid out and just need to add a few more DIYs as I get them. Working on the beach campground now.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I despise Bunny Day. I really wish there was a way to identify Earth Eggs on sight so that I don't have to waste time digging them up when I'm doing my daily rounds for fossils to sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No! NO!!!