Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaffyMan
Dec 16, 2001
Hi
I feel like I've been missing out with custom poo poo in AC - Saw this article in my news feed https://www.elle.com/fashion/a32315651/animal-crossing-fashion/ about fashion designers bringing their real-world designs into animal crossing and I've only now realized there's a whole world of QR codes for cool custom stuff on instagram and elsewhere... I don't think we'd see Nintendo partner with fashion designers but a gay can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I think the only fossil I'm missing is the front half of a Dimetrodon. Anyone have a spare? I'll pay good money for one.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Ed: town closed for now!

If anyone has a spare garden wagon btw I’ll pay good bells for it

LeafyGreens fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 7, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I read here that mailing villagers is bugged or something? Does that mean if I mail somebody a gift, the game won’t act like I gave it to them in-person? I’m not good enough buddies with Raymond to just give him something apparently, but he needs some cat grass I got.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Rodeo is crafting the Golden Dung Beetle!

It’s also raining pretty heavily in town. I’m not sure if visitors can still water, but I’d appreciate it if you’d water Plot I (directly north of the residential district) when you come.

Dodo code: 479CC.

There are also extra DIY recipes on the beach just west of the seaport, and in the dump on the northwest side of town.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Buck left my Island and I totally forgot about it while I was time traveling to finish up all my dang bridges. Then I saw Gayle had moved in. I'm gunna need one of you guys to figure out a foolproof method to evict villagers because now I need Gayle AND Ursala to bounce. At this rate I'm going to have to get those NFC stickers and make some amiibos. Genji and Soleil can stick around though.

Also, does anyone have that list of ALL the items/DIY recipes kicking around? I didn't see it added to the OP, and google's not giving me anything useful. I wanted to look through it to give me ideas for different areas of my island.

vvvvvvv That's the one. Thanks! vvvvvv

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 7, 2020

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Soysaucebeast posted:

Buck left my Island and I totally forgot about it while I was time traveling to finish up all my dang bridges. Then I saw Gayle had moved in. I'm gunna need one of you guys to figure out a foolproof method to evict villagers because now I need Gayle AND Ursala to bounce. At this rate I'm going to have to get those NFC stickers and make some amiibos. Genji and Soleil can stick around though.

Also, does anyone have that list of ALL the items/DIY recipes kicking around? I didn't see it added to the OP, and google's not giving me anything useful. I wanted to look through it to give me ideas for different areas of my island.

Try this: https://villagerdb.com/items/diy?game=nh

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tangy is crafting a Manga-library wall!

e: Welp, someone left with minus and she stopped crafting. :mad:

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 7, 2020

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

it sucks that you cannot grab another piece of art if someone else has Redd at the same day as you

this “filling up the art wing” business is gonna take a while

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

One of my villagers wanted to leave and I gave her the go-ahead. This means that tomorrow, she will be packing- then the lot will be empty after that, right?

How long do I have to invite someone else in? When is the earliest I can do that? I just want to avoid having someone else moving in.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bioshuffle posted:

One of my villagers wanted to leave and I gave her the go-ahead. This means that tomorrow, she will be packing- then the lot will be empty after that, right?

How long do I have to invite someone else in? When is the earliest I can do that? I just want to avoid having someone else moving in.

Day 1: "I want to leave" -> "Yes, you can leave"
Day 2: Villager in boxes
Day 3: Empty plot - you can start inviting on this day!
Days 4-6: Random villager may move in, so day 3 is ideal.

Also "Bee from Legend" who is visiting Kevlar and my island should go check out my northern-most room (my house is the SW one)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ulvir posted:

it sucks that you cannot grab another piece of art if someone else has Redd at the same day as you

this “filling up the art wing” business is gonna take a while

Technically you can buy 1x authentic piece of art per day and get it done in just a few short weeks... assuming a large enough population that will invite you over

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really wish fanart did not draw the animals as humans. Human Tom Nook creeps me right out.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Tangy is crafting a Manga-library wall!

I have a feeling this will be a popular item among goons, so I'm doing a turnip exchange: https://turnip.exchange/island/7da653a2

If you're feeling generous, I'm trying to collect the entire Imperial set, as well as rare items like Large Star Fragments and Gold Nuggets. I'll be AFK sitting in the chair by Tangy's house.

AUGH. Someone either d/c ed or left with -. I'M TRYING TO SET UP A TINY COMIC BOOK SHOP HERE.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dogwood Fleet posted:

AUGH. Someone either d/c ed or left with -. I'M TRYING TO SET UP A TINY COMIC BOOK SHOP HERE.

Yeah someone left with - and she stopped :negative:

If you have 10 magazines, I can craft it for you.

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I was literally about to connect when I remembered I had an imperial chest and ran out the airport.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Uh I didn’t leave my game crashed when I learned the diy. It even gave me an Nintendo error message. No idea wtf happened; I was planning on leaving my extra imperial partitions

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thanks, but I'll need to collect magazines and I need a few of the walls. I appreciate the offer though.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Desperate Character posted:

Uh I didn’t leave my game crashed when I learned the diy. It even gave me an Nintendo error message. No idea wtf happened; I was planning on leaving my extra imperial partitions

Yeah, a lot of people attribute errors and disconnects to leaving with -. It doesn't help that Nintendo went from allowing cloning to punishing everyone in town when there's a glitch.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nothing terribly exciting today but I would greatly appreciate any help watering my flowers.
Edit: Closed
DIY: Tex is making Ironwood Cart
Able's: https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1258458282219331586?s=20
Nook's: Dish-Drying Rack (Yellow), Baby Panda, Roses/Hyacinths/Windflowers
Flowers are directly north of the airport along the river. Complementary golden watering cans are provided, feel free to take one home. Spare DIYs on beach to the left of the airport.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 7, 2020

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Hey if anybody needs magazines they’re for sale in my Nook shop. Just let me know if you want my dodo code.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
Redd's in town today. Serene Painting (real), Warrior Statue (fake), and Tremendous Statue (fake) are still up for grabs. Don't forget your ladder.

Nibbles is making a cherry rug.

Stores don't have anything crazy unless you want Mr. Flamingo (pink) or a Hot Dog Costume.

Dodo - CLOSED

a nigga who smoke fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 7, 2020

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Foam Monkey posted:

Hey if anybody needs magazines they’re for sale in my Nook shop. Just let me know if you want my dodo code.

I'll take you up on that!

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Turnips at 614! Sahara is also here, and it's raining.

Tips not necessary, but my wife is interested in extra DIY recipes if people have them.

edit: Heading over to Lloyd Listings for now.

Thanks, it's always really nice to be able to sell Turnips without a great big hassle. I dropped by every DIY duplicate I had, and some of my duplicate Saharah floors/wallpapers. Hope you two enjoy them!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I really wish fanart did not draw the animals as humans. Human Tom Nook creeps me right out.

I like this one

https://twitter.com/kittentide/status/1257560408111620096

Cloverfx
Mar 21, 2008

No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.

Republicans posted:

Flowers are directly north of the airport along the river. Complementary golden watering cans are provided, feel free to take one home.

Love those black roses, do you have any spares- and/or how can I make some? Watering everything I can for you!

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I'll take you up on that!

Sent you a PM

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Turnips at 614! Sahara is also here, and it's raining.

Tips not necessary, but my wife is interested in extra DIY recipes if people have them.

edit: Heading over to Lloyd Listings for now.

Is sure like to get in on that, what’s Lloyd listings? Google isn’t doing it for me.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I got Lobo in my campsite today!
...So now I get to grapple with the endless RNG rolls to get him to actually
A: agree to move in
B: replace one of the 3 villagers I'm willing to let leave

really wish the campsite was less poo poo for non-amiibo residents. Like, just make them stay at the campsite for several days & do quests to convince them, don't make it "talk to them 1000 times trying to game the RNG." Them preventing you from gaming it by giving the villager the chance to say no & picking a resident at random, ironically, makes it feel more like a video game. Let me win him over naturally, dangit!
Coco is amazing and perfect in this

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Moose-Alini posted:

Is sure like to get in on that, what’s Lloyd listings? Google isn’t doing it for me.

it's the goon discord bot, it's super easy to use but you have to be in the discord

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Blaziken386 posted:

Coco is amazing and perfect in this

Kinda weird that her dick-arms split off into 4 sub-dicks though

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If you're 'serious' about turnips, you're doing yourself a disservice by not using lloid and the discord. Makes everything so much easier.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Extremely good jockbot birdbot Sprocket is packed up and moving out of Heck Zone today. He's a good buddy, and I'm very sorry to see him leave, but he deserves a real home. PM me if you'd like to pick him up!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Lobo has, so far, tried to replace Dom, Raymond, and Julia.
Stop picking my favorite villagers! I've got 3 others I'm not picky about, ask one of them!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Kinda weird that her dick-arms split off into 4 sub-dicks though
I still don't see it. Her arms don't look any different from other villager arms? :confused:
like, what dicks have you been lookin' at

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

Lobo has, so far, tried to replace Dom, Raymond, and Julia.
Stop picking my favorite villagers! I've got 3 others I'm not picky about, ask one of them!

I still don't see it. Her arms don't look any different from other villager arms? :confused:
like, what dicks have you been lookin' at

there's like, a weird little seam or ridge on her arms that sort of mirrors the ridge on her forehead, and i guess it makes them look sort of penis-y? i can kinda see it but it's not really that big of a deal

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Cloverfx posted:

Love those black roses, do you have any spares- and/or how can I make some? Watering everything I can for you!

Black roses are super easy to make, 25% chance from two red roses cross-breeding. I can totally plop some spares on your island sometime, though.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Gonna start making baseless accusations about the coco dickarm posters sexual fantasies about her

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Cloverfx posted:

Black roses are pretty easy, red roses from seeds bred together have a 25% chance of creating them.

Edit: lol, beaten

runchild fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 7, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

someone awful. posted:

there's like, a weird little seam or ridge on her arms that sort of mirrors the ridge on her forehead, and i guess it makes them look sort of penis-y? i can kinda see it but it's not really that big of a deal

huh, never noticed that
I can kinda see where people are coming from, but it looks more like the limbs on a ball jointed doll to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

tildes posted:

Datamined friendship mechanic explanation: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1dy9hDpXzTblQVGjw6jQM0K4dwTjii_v0rm7ooqOXVgg/mobilebasic

And a useful tool for selecting the ideal clothing gifts for villagers based on that data: https://nookplaza.net/tools

Has anyone minmaxed how to get friendship (without using the net/savescum tactic) from this information yet?

It seems like it would involve giving them a wrapped piece of 2500+ furniture once a day, but do repeat gifts work, and if so what's the easiest thing to craft that meets the criteria :getin: