Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Mykroft posted:

Hoping that was you I dropped them off for, otherwise I can come back or have you visit sometime tomorrow :)

That was me, thanks a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

emdash posted:

Since one of the big roadblocks to terraforming is the tedium + trial/error, an island planning tool might help you get unstuck. https://eugeneration.github.io/HappyIslandDesigner/

that's spiffy

Bandit Hat
Sep 8, 2005
Potatoes are the all-time treat, they are good to chomp and good to eat!

Licarn posted:

Does anyone have any Oil Barrel for trade or just to catalogue? I have the dark green one and need all the others, but especially looking for the yellow, red and rusted ones

E: I now also have orange, yellow and rusted, thanks goons

I have a red one! I can bring it over if you give me a code.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

crapbag posted:

I have a red one! I can bring it over if you give me a code.

JLC8V, thanks!

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Just got back online, still need that green one?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Zyxyz posted:

Just got back online, still need that green one?

Yes please!

1MBNW

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Axel, the maniacally grinning blue elephant jock is leaving town today. Does anybody want him? He’s a cool guy.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
With Bubbles gone I bought a bunch of NMT to find a new girl.

https://twitter.com/Jayalay/status/1266703751777144833

https://twitter.com/Jayalay/status/1266704036566151168

Was starting to despair... I think I saw four girls in 20 trips, and rejected them all (sorry, Pecan, the lure of the gacha is too strong)

And then

https://twitter.com/Jayalay/status/1266704228543688705

One of my absolute favourites appeared :woop: Gala was my bff in NL but she moved out without telling me and it basically killed the game for me. She's back! I wasn't intentionally going for a pig, but uh, now I have 7. Seven pigs.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Closed

Frankston fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 30, 2020

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Opening up because Nooks has some hot items in stock. Come buy a red pinball machine and an Autumn train track! Free Diys to the left of the airpor as well.

Dodo code is closed.

Items got bought

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 30, 2020

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Frankston posted:

Opening my island because able's has the royal crown (1.2m bells) and a cool Pharaoh's outfit (2,520 bells) that I've never seen before, so come on over if you want to grab them.

Turnip price is 51.

Clay is crafting a Signpost.

Shops are immediately to the right as you enter the island. I'll probs be afk, feel free to explore if you want. Be warned I share my island with a five year old so things are a bit haphazard.

Dodo code is 0TH75

Looks like your island is down?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Geemer posted:

Looks like your island is down?

Huh, that's odd. I specifically set the console not to go to sleep ever yet sure enough it had gone to sleep somehow. New dodo code is 7W4J4

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So. I need a bed.

Post reset, barely anything bedside has appeared, so my only options are Wooden Simple, Futon or the Camping Cot.

Prefer any double bed or anything from the Imperial set.

I can pop by to catalog and bring anything you might want in trade, but I’m only 10 days or so into a reset, so don’t have a ton.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

HaB posted:

So. I need a bed.

Post reset, barely anything bedside has appeared, so my only options are Wooden Simple, Futon or the Camping Cot.

Prefer any double bed or anything from the Imperial set.

I can pop by to catalog and bring anything you might want in trade, but I’m only 10 days or so into a reset, so don’t have a ton.

I've got a swanky imperial double bed antique double bed you can catalogue. Let me just spin up a dodo code...

Edit: PMed you a dodo code.

magimix fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 30, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opening up for a little while.

Closed!

It's raining!
Tex is crafting DIY iron wall rack
Nook's has a blue system kitchen in stock for 130,000
Mabel's has all the colors of tweed jackets and power helmets plus random other stuff

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 30, 2020

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

magimix posted:

I've got a swanky imperial double bed antique double bed you can catalogue. Let me just spin up a dodo code...

Edit: PMed you a dodo code.

Thank you again! Can finally stop sleeping on the drat floor. 😀

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
So in order to stave off the temptation to reset my island last night I impulsively did a lot of moving things around

And now I hate it :qq:

Someone come tell me my island looks pretty/what I can do to fix the front!!

E: closed! Thanks to the lovely Calvary from Fort Knox I now feel my island is pretty. Any I got such lovely board art! What a deal :toot:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 30, 2020

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Lopez is making Ironwood Cart recipes on Alba, I also have a bunch of surplus stuff beside my airport that’s free to a good home. Not doing anything with flowers right now so no watering is needed.

Dodo code Closed

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 30, 2020

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.
Mira, the sisterly rabbit, is in boxes and looking for a new home. If you're looking for a bunny villager who dresses like a super hero, then drop by and claim her. First come, first served.

Dodo Code: TAKEN!

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Mira

Not a Duck fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 30, 2020

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Sriracha Tiger posted:

Mira, the sisterly rabbit, is in boxes and looking for a new home. If you're looking for a bunny villager who dresses like a super hero, then drop by and claim her. First come, first served.

Dodo Code: JCKR5

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Mira

Ugh. I spent 30 tickets looking for a good sisterly this morning to no avail. Then I accidentally invited the campsite villager into my empty lot. The new villager is fine—Margie—but now I have three normals.

Would have loved Mira!

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
It's 5am Sunday here and the HHA didn't send me any mail.

I added some new furniture and rearranged some stuff over the last week so I wanted to see how much closer to 150k I am :(

Some of my villagers even mentioned the HHA evaluations yesterday.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The Glen is suffering from shooting stars right now! Note: this is not the extreme emergency of a meteor shower.
You're welcome to come help defend my poor island with your thoughts and prayers!
Canberra is making Apple Chairs.

Dodo code: Closed. Thanks for stopping by.

Geemer fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 30, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Goddamnit unlocking the Campsite foiled a villager whom I hate on me (Lucha) :mad: . Guess my good luck was bound to run out (decent starting villagers, forgot to recruit a 3rd villager on the initial pass and ended up with a decent random 3rd).

I need to talk to everyone once per day for the Nook Miles achievement, but then I should just ignore him and give him garbage until he leaves eh?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I ended up with Quillson as my Mandatory Smug. Luckily he left after like only three or four days (!!!)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Xtanstic posted:

Goddamnit unlocking the Campsite foiled a villager whom I hate on me (Lucha) :mad: . Guess my good luck was bound to run out (decent starting villagers, forgot to recruit a 3rd villager on the initial pass and ended up with a decent random 3rd).

I need to talk to everyone once per day for the Nook Miles achievement, but then I should just ignore him and give him garbage until he leaves eh?

There's nothing you can do to speed up a villager leaving outside of Amiibos, resetting campsite visitors til they force out who you want, or time travelling. Ignoring/shoving/hitting/trashing is all a placebo.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Poque posted:

There's nothing you can do to speed up a villager leaving outside of Amiibos, resetting campsite visitors til they force out who you want, or time travelling. Ignoring/shoving/hitting/trashing is all a placebo.

Oh that's a bummer. I saw some posts in this thread about friendship points and moving out clouds and whatever so I tried to understand it without having ever seen any of that in game so far.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Does this game have any giant umbrellas I can set up around my beach or pool for shade?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Gacha bullshit is real :(

Spent 12 nook miles tix looking for my 10th villager. Now, I know 12 is not a big number, but I wasn't looking for anyone special, just ANY good villager

I got 12 in a row that were "gaudy" and annoying. Not a single cat even. Only one squirrel and it was a bad one (the one with the weird blonde wig)

Anyone have a good villager in boxes? Or just a few NMT? :\

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
It won't speed up the game deciding someone should leave but lower friendship does make it (slightly) more likely that villager gets the bubble when it is decided, so you should still hit villagers you don't like with the net 27 times.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Licarn posted:

It won't speed up the game deciding someone should leave but lower friendship does make it (slightly) more likely that villager gets the bubble when it is decided, so you should still hit villagers you don't like with the net 27 times.

Buddy, I've been ignoring/hitting Goose for a month and he's not gone anywhere :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Licarn posted:

It's 5am Sunday here and the HHA didn't send me any mail.

I added some new furniture and rearranged some stuff over the last week so I wanted to see how much closer to 150k I am :(

Some of my villagers even mentioned the HHA evaluations yesterday.

I never got a letter from the HHA last week, but I already hit 150k earlier. I was idly wondering how many points I got after tearing down the Bunny Day room, but eh.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

dang

https://twitter.com/nessinota/status/1266550298006310913?s=20

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jesus christ :stare:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

Oh that's a bummer. I saw some posts in this thread about friendship points and moving out clouds and whatever so I tried to understand it without having ever seen any of that in game so far.

Friendship starts at 25. Maxes at 255. Based on the formula for random thought bubbles for moving out, it only slightly increases your chances if you're an rear end in a top hat to that person (the floor being 0). If you talk to that person and do nothing else for them for 50 days, you'll still only gain 50 points, or 75. In the meantime, you could potentially max out friendship for other folks.

So, it's up to you. Is it worth it to go out of your way to be an rear end in a top hat to a villager for a few percentage points higher chance that it the thought bubble would randomly fall on them?

Instead, just ignore the person who has the "move out" thought bubble when you determine it is them. It will pass on to another person the following day (randomly). These thought bubbles are special--they do not go away if you go indoors and exit.

Licarn posted:

It isn't a point per hit. You lose a few points after a few hits and an unsuccessful (or lack thereof) apology.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 30, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Prowler posted:

So, it's up to you. Is it worth it to go out of your way to be an rear end in a top hat to a villager for a few percentage points higher chance that it the thought bubble would randomly fall on them? special--they do not go away if you go indoors and exit.

Well if anything, it'll make ME feel better at least... because I'm a vindictive jerk. But thanks for the info that helps!

I'm still early in the game, so I've never seen a "move out" thought bubble. It's the only type of thought bubble possible right? Or are there multiple kinds.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

Well if anything, it'll make ME feel better at least... because I'm a vindictive jerk. But thanks for the info that helps!

I'm still early in the game, so I've never seen a "move out" thought bubble. It's the only type of thought bubble possible right? Or are there multiple kinds.

A villager will not want to move out until you have more than 6. If you haven't seen a thought bubble yet, you aren't high enough friendship with any of your folks for them to want to give you gifts, set catchphrases, trade items, take a quest, etc. The thought bubbles can be anything.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Xtanstic posted:

Sometimes they’ll have a thought bubble if they want to give (or sell) you something, or if they want to change their catchphrase.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've gotten gifts and given lots of them and still haven't gotten any quest type things or catch phrases or anything unique really

Is my game broken :(

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

How many fossil plaques wrapped in paper do I have to give you before you'll give me your photograph Coco!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
I kicked Cole off my island for being a bug lover so he’s in boxes if anyone wants a nice rabbit.

Also Ables has space suits

And I have a space helmet you can catalog if you want to get the full experience.

10VXF