Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I stand in a spot that allows Town Hall or my bridges to careen the gift over towards where I'm standing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Can you get the recipe for Tree's Bounty Arch and Big Tree yet? I see they use maple leaves so maybe I’m wasting my time hunting balloons right now?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If anyone wants a genuine jolly painting, Redd is currently on my island selling one. Unfortunately I already have that one and everything else is fake.

Moose-Alini posted:

Can you get the recipe for Tree's Bounty Arch and Big Tree yet? I see they use maple leaves so maybe I’m wasting my time hunting balloons right now?

You can't get those just yet, we'll have to wait until maple leaves become available.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 10, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Never saw this before. A bbq randomly appeared in front of resident services. I’ve seen the bench and stools but never that one.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That happened at our place this past Monday, we figured it was for Labor Day.

More concerning was the fact that Tipper the cow was the one grilling up steaks.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I have a random moving leaf pile in my plaza...

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Couple weeks ago a steel bucket full of water showed up outside Resident Services. After a couple minutes some villagers walked up to it and started letting off sparklers.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

One small bug they fixed one of these patches was the town theme playing when you enter Nook's Cranny for the first time, then it playing again when you talk to TimTom. It now only plays once.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Prowler posted:

One small bug they fixed one of these patches was the town theme playing when you enter Nook's Cranny for the first time, then it playing again when you talk to TimTom. It now only plays once.

Huh that happened to me this morning when I went in to Nooks

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Couple weeks ago a steel bucket full of water showed up outside Resident Services. After a couple minutes some villagers walked up to it and started letting off sparklers.

A while ago I was idling on an empty beach when Goose walked up behind me, lit a sparkler, stared at it for a minute until it was gone, and then walked away. It was very strange.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Nips at 567, code closed! . I'll be open for about an hour!

All done! Price is washed to 170.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 10, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo Island is open for the next 4 hours because turnip price is 446!

If you have anything from this list that I can touch, I’d appreciate it but it’s not necessary.

https://nookplaza.net/lists/56837?view=list

Come sell your nips!

Dodo code in PGS!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Come by Coralcola! Nook’s is buying turnips for 429. Tips are nice but not required. I'll be AFK, so if something goes wrong, please PM me. Other stuff:

* Nook’s has a tiger screen, you’re welcome to buy it.
* Able’s has noble coats, bear costumes, and the punk wig. I still have my boring basic custom designs, so if you’ve made something neat, please feel free to display it.
* Redd is here! He has a fake Robust Statue, a fake Quaint Painting, a fake Basic Painting, and a real Dynamic Painting. He also has unlimited grey smokers and white double sofas.
* Plenty of freebies laying around, take whatever you want. Oh god, please take it all.
* If you feel like it, I have four beds of flowers that could use some watering, all of which are just north of my shops: orange & purple roses, orange & black tulips, a couple pairs of blue & purple flowers, and black roses. If you're just here to sell turnips, no biggie!

The code is in the PGS thread.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Dylan from Boston, sorry I missed your question before you left! Please come back and take these fossils away, omg there are so many and I want them GONE

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

oh my gosh, i want him, so much
but I also dont want to kick out anyone?? this game is so cruel

e: this game is EXTREMELY cruel, aaaaaaaa (i'm honestly tempted though)

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 10, 2020

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Blaziken386 posted:

Probably too late, but if you hit the + button and kill the game before exiting that dialog, it doesn't save their choice and you can talk to them again after relaunching the game and they'll randomly select someone again.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Last call for pink and black roses before I toss the pink ones and excess black ones.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Mykroft posted:

Probably too late, but if you hit the + button and kill the game before exiting that dialog, it doesn't save their choice and you can talk to them again after relaunching the game and they'll randomly select someone again.
yeah, I'm aware. Thanks for the warning, though!

I'm currently trying to get him to pick Chevre, because I've got two Normal villagers and she's not super interesting (even if she is cute)

I was initially tempted to let him swap for Raymond because I never finished his lawn, but then I remembered that the conversations between Smug and Cranky villagers are great, so I kept him.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Blaziken386 posted:

If you didn't get him, you can have him from my island as soon as the little fucker decides to move out. He's cute but goddamn dude you've been here forever

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Last call for pink and black roses before I toss the pink ones and excess black ones.

What kind of time frame are we talking?

And my apologies to anyone I was visiting/supposed to visit last night, bit of an emergency popped up.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

For the past couple weeks I have been purging my island of excess flowers. Black and pink roses, blue pansies, purple hyacinths, and so so many green mums. I loved those flowers, but they ended up in literally every free space in my island. I've been going out to the woods with a trashcan and a couple extra shovels and just destroying all those rare flowers. Feels bad.

But my woods feel a lot more autumnal now. It's a terrible effort for a worthy goal.

Bring on the Autumn update, please!

I was hoping it'd be out this week, but maybe it'll come out next week for the 6 month mark of the game coming out.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Metaline posted:

Dylan from Boston, sorry I missed your question before you left! Please come back and take these fossils away, omg there are so many and I want them GONE

Let me know when your open again and I’ll hop over. Had to start dinner and didn’t see your reply until later.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

You know, I don't mind the RNG to pick which resident to replace. It's dumb that only amiibo campers can choose, but otherwise, whatever, it's self-inflicted

The RNG to get the camper to join, however... who came up with this? RNG to even select it as an option, RNG of [Yes/No/Game] and then a 1/2 - 1/4 chance of winning the card game... why? It's already so rare to get campers, why is it a hassle to have them move in as well?

I really hope the Joy-Con Droid app gets an update to be less terrible about amiibo spoofing soon, I don't ever want to go through this again.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What kind of time frame are we talking?

And my apologies to anyone I was visiting/supposed to visit last night, bit of an emergency popped up.

Tomorrow works if that is doable. I can hold until Saturday if need be. Just let me know.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I don't know if anyone posted about it but definitely order yourself the moon rug from the nook machine seasonal specials tab.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

We've got a meteor shower over Quarantown tonight! Celeste is penned in by Vic's house in the Northwest. Come stop by and make a wish or ten!

The Abels' have all the mariachi outfit colors in stock as well

Closed! Thanks for coming!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 11, 2020

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Right?? She doesn't actually DO anything else. "Someone's at the campsite! Oh well, that's all the news that ever exists..." Like, as a video game writer, this game is so lazy in so many ways. There's so little actual writing to be done; they should have fleshed this out more:

PROPOSED NEW DIALOGUE FOR ISABELLE:

Gimme a goddamn weather forecast for the day already. Tomorrow too if that's baked in.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Blaziken386 posted:

You know, I don't mind the RNG to pick which resident to replace. It's dumb that only amiibo campers can choose, but otherwise, whatever, it's self-inflicted

The RNG to get the camper to join, however... who came up with this? RNG to even select it as an option, RNG of [Yes/No/Game] and then a 1/2 - 1/4 chance of winning the card game... why? It's already so rare to get campers, why is it a hassle to have them move in as well?

I really hope the Joy-Con Droid app gets an update to be less terrible about amiibo spoofing soon, I don't ever want to go through this again.

It's pretty tedious and I've only had the first ever campsite villager that is forced on you because of it. Even using the amiibo is pretty bad seeing as you've got to invite them three days in a row to get them to move in.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Reiley posted:

I don't know if anyone posted about it but definitely order yourself the moon rug from the nook machine seasonal specials tab.

I haven’t seen this and I check the special goods tab in the shopping section almost daily. Am I in the wrong place for it?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I haven’t seen this and I check the special goods tab in the shopping section almost daily. Am I in the wrong place for it?

There should be a little tab on the top that looks like a calendar. That's where you can order seasonal stuff. There's also another tab specifically for villager posters of villagers used in Harv's island photo thing.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Zuzie posted:

There should be a little tab on the top that looks like a calendar. That's where you can order seasonal stuff. There's also another tab specifically for villager posters of villagers used in Harv's island photo thing.

Well I learned something new. Thank you!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Hey everyone! Coco the "Normal" Undead Haniwa/Gyroid Rabbit is in boxes!

Because I got tired of waiting for Zucker to pick Chevre and I have her amiibo card (and so can summon her back with magic), so, screw it.

doesn't that face just radiate love?

e: and she's been adopted! So sorry to anyone else who may have wanted her.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 11, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Eiba posted:

For the past couple weeks I have been purging my island of excess flowers. Black and pink roses, blue pansies, purple hyacinths, and so so many green mums. I loved those flowers, but they ended up in literally every free space in my island. I've been going out to the woods with a trashcan and a couple extra shovels and just destroying all those rare flowers. Feels bad.

But my woods feel a lot more autumnal now. It's a terrible effort for a worthy goal.

Bring on the Autumn update, please!

I was hoping it'd be out this week, but maybe it'll come out next week for the 6 month mark of the game coming out.

The teaser image for the update was Jack so it’ll definitely be closer to the end of the month and add Halloween stuff.

I agree with you about the flowers. I should really clean up my town and move some stuff around. I’d rather replace my more common flowers with rare ones than throw out the rare ones, though.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Silver Falcon posted:

This would be fixed if your villagers would actually say their unique lines instead of endlessly talking about how they saw you bury bells the other day. There is interesting dialog to be had, but you never see it unless you pester the same villager multiple times and it's stupid.

On that note, why don't villagers talk to each other when they visit each other's houses? As far as I can tell they only talk about each other. The villager conversations are much more interesting dialog.

It would also be neat if they actually interacted with items in houses, like if a villager has a music hobby they should jam out on any instruments they have or be more likely to go visit another villager which has one.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Blaziken386 posted:

Because I got tired of waiting for Zucker to pick Chevre and I have her amiibo card (and so can summon her back with magic), so, screw it.

Coco is adorable and I'll never let her go.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

An update that greatly increased the dialogue for villagers would be great. There are apparently A and B type personalities within the 8 main personalities but you almost unnoticeable since you're unlikely to even have A and B of the same villager type.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does anyone have the DIY recipe for Tree Branch Wreath sitting around? I would like it. I have a bunch of DIY recipes including Ironwood Cupboard, Cart, Table, Bed & DIY Workbench, bells or NMT’s. I want that recipe so I can make my town feel more Autumnal

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

chmods please posted:

It would also be neat if they actually interacted with items in houses, like if a villager has a music hobby they should jam out on any instruments they have or be more likely to go visit another villager which has one.

I think they interact with stuff in their house if you hang around for long enough. I was in Nan’s house for about 10 minutes and witnessed her interacting with her rattan vanity by posing in front of it like your character does when you change clothes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We could not find Hampton for like an hour last night and then discovered he had been hanging out with Bertha in her house. It's the first time we've seen that happen in our game.

Also, I believe we have an extra Tree Branch Wreath DIY recipe, I'll check in a little while and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Blaziken386 posted:

e: and she's been adopted! So sorry to anyone else who may have wanted her.

Coco is the best which is why she has a permanent home on my island (thanks to the magic of amiibos).