Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Lux Animus posted:

Oh hai Mark!

Timmy and Tommy are selling american footballs and candles with candlestick holders, plus a cool earthen wallpaper, a lavender rose wallpaper, and a single squatty-potty.

Also on sale: red/orange windflowers, white/yellow hyacinth and mums.

Native fruit is Cherries but I also see Peaches, Apples, and Oranges on the trees today, so grab some if you don't have any yet!

Dodo: 6B1QD

If you see a DIY you don't know yet, feel free to learn it! Also, please bring me some lily or cosmos seeds if you have 'em in your shop!

e: Please watch out for Bitey Betty, Snappy Sam, and Chompy Charlie! They are (mostly) harmless!

e2: Barold is teaching the Matryoshka doll recipe

Thanks very much! I didn't have any flowers that you lacked but I left some pears on the beach and kicked some funds for your ramp project. I always love seeing what people do with their islands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

SterlingSylver posted:

Thanks, Fru! Would have loved to look around, but I left a tip and bailed to make room.

Assuming you're "Sterling", turnipexchange shows you as still being in the game and the queue hasn't budged in a while -- I think somebody said you need to manually leave the queue in turnipexchange (close the window or click "Leave Queue")? Is that true?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Fru Fru posted:

It was showing the same for me but I refreshed and it updated. I don't know if anyone else refreshing will mess up their queue though.

Haha, I've been afraid to refresh (was at #16), but the page automatically refreshed and now I'm at 14.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

My cruddy town (too lazy to act on my vague plans) has some possible points of interest today:

Able Sisters (immediately to left of airport) has Viking helmets, the full-face Power Ranger helmets (Power Helmet), and steampunk glasses

Saharah is in town; she has Summit wallpaper and Sumo Ring flooring. Large rug: monochromatic wavy; Medium rug: turquoise heart; Small rug: simple small orange mat
(edit: going to have to go afk for a while, I have Saharah trapped on my patio -- make some noise at me and I'll move)

Turnip prices in the toilet, don't bother

Nooks have a pink fax machine and green sewing kit, whatever

Dodo Code CLOSED

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 8, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Somebody left with the minus button and I lost track of Saharah, trying to re-find

edit: Haven't had any visitors in a bit so closing up. Thanks to all who stopped by!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 8, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Chris Pistols posted:

Thanks for having us, left some bells on your patio!

Aw, thanks! Not necessary but appreciated.

edit: Closing up now since there haven't been any new visitors in a bit. Thanks to all who stopped by!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 8, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Cattail Prophet posted:

https://twitter.com/CattailProphet/status/1247970846670385152?s=20
Mabel's got some good stuff today! Label's here too, but I have no idea if visitors can do anything with her: HC3DR

I've also started on my first major landscaping project: a boardwalk! I put together some custom paths for it and I'm pretty proud of how they turned out:
https://twitter.com/CattailProphet/status/1247965505824014336?s=20
https://twitter.com/CattailProphet/status/1247965825195061248?s=20

At last I can re-enact that I Think You Should Leave sketch. Thank you! Loved the boardwalk. Left some bells by the campsite.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's Agnes' birthday today, is there something special you can do on birthdays?

Buy wrapping paper at Nook's, wrap a present you think Agnes would like, drop in to her house, give her the present and talk a few times with her. You'll get a thank-you card and a gift the next day. That's about it as far as I know.

Also, I'm not sure if I lucked out or if this is a genuine mechanic (I vaguely recall this might have been a thing in New Leaf), the Nook terminal happened to have a present that was perfect for Rocket (flashy, pink) available for ordering on the day before Rocket's birthday. Not sure if this has been anyone else's experience.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 21, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, it feels real weird. I hope there's additional expansions or rewards in the future.

Expansions for the additional ground-floor rooms would be nice. They feel too restrictive at the moment and I'm reasonably sure you could expand them in New Leaf.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Captain Hygiene posted:

General reminder that the Nintendo app has pretty good chat support that lets you use your phone keyboard. Infinitely better as it also doesn't depend on an in-game menu, so you can queue up jokes and/or complaints while you sit around through the fifth consecutive arrival animation

Nondevor posted:

No prob! My island is super quiet right now anyway, so it was nice for someone to stop by while I water stuff.

Nintendo Switch Online app is great for typing super quick in-game too.

I had no idea. I've just been crudely mashing out typo-riddled nonsense at a painstakingly slow rate on my Switch. Now I can do it at a slightly faster rate on my phone. Thanks!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

IIRC the more empty houses you have the more visitors you get.

While at the same time, rando villagers can just barge into one of the empty houses unannounced, which still seems to happen at a much higher rate than the rate at which the campground is occupied. This means that for a lot of players, the one semi-guaranteed means of controlling who moves in is to burn a lot of Nook Miles Tickets as soon as you sell a lot.

For a game that offers a lot in terms of control and customization, that leads to a bit more stress (self-imposed, admittedly, but nobody wants to be stuck with a garbage villager) to the process than would seem necessary.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Politely requesting folks don’t use minus to leave. Surprised Nintendo haven’t patched that in some way.

I knew I should have left immediately after getting the recipe. Anything else is tempting fate. I thought people would know better by now, but...

At any rate thanks for opening up your island! Loved what you did with it, especially the concert area.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 25, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Dodo code is CLOSED

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 28, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Oxyclean posted:

get extra art from Redd? All without having to take up real estate on my island...

I've been wondering about Redd, since he ships the art to you; do you necessarily need a tent/mailbox for your alternate villager or is there an alternative delivery mechanism?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I dropped a 99k bag and watched as another visitor ran over and grabbed it and ran off to the store :v:

Well then.

Yeesh. Sorry about that. I was afraid a public code might lead to stuff like this.

I don't need tips, especially if this is going to happen; would appreciate a doodle on my bulletin board instead.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

wafflemoose posted:

EDIT: Your Nook's Cranny also had books, which is super awesome since I had a few book related DIYs I wanted to craft

Ah right yeah, forgot about that. I've had the Classic Library Wall recipe for nearly as long as I've had the game but never had the patience to actually order the books for it.

Unlimited books! Pinky is also crafting the cabin wall. Will close up in about 30-60 minutes though depending on how many visitors drop in over the next hour.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Nondevor posted:

Thanks for opening! I left you some drawings and a spare recipe card as a gift. You just saved me at least a week’s worth of catalog purchases in order to make some book stacks and bookshelves, so that’s pretty great.

Thanks so much, I love the drawings! If the DIY was the nicely-wrapped Stone Lion Dog, I just got that recipe last night so I'll pass it onward to someone who doesn't have it. :)

Closed now. Thanks to everyone who stopped by, and also also thanks to anyone who left a message or items!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 28, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Deli's going to be in boxes tomorrow, is that too late to try to get Ankha to take his place?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I’m not sure how this game works and apologies if this has been covered but Celeste is roaming around on my wife’s island talking all sorts of rubbish about it being a clear night and that someone magical might happen so she’s been staring at the sky for 40 minutes and nothing has happened and now she’s pissed about a video game and now I have to share a bed with someone who is angry about animal crossing but

My question is

How do you get wishing meteors? Do you stare at the sky for 45 minutes?

Thanks

Celeste making an appearance isn't always a guarantee that there will be a full-on shower, but it usually means there may be a few meteors here and there. In those cases, it can be an extremely long time between meteors (which usually appear when I give up and start fishing or something).

If there's going to be a genuine meteor shower, then apparently your other residents will be talking about it all day too. I've never had a meteor shower in over a month of playing, and I only just participated in my first one on someone else's island last night, and the difference was really marked -- loads more meteors than I'd ever seen before.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Wait til she sees that last loan

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

raven77 posted:

It’s also Coach’s birthday; feel free to bring him a jock-focused present!

Thanks for hosting! I gave Coach a red track jacket, he talked about how we should be workout bros, and then gave me a wheelchair. Best lowkey own I've gotten yet.

I kicked some bells to your ramp fund.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

parasyte posted:

Turn that Dodo plane into a time machine.

If only we could gift shirts to the dodos, I would make a "Castleton" shirt in a heartbeat.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Bungusland is closed for now.

Redd has the fake Venus de Milo GONE but still has fake 'detailed painting' and fake 'quaint painting'
- Best way to reach Redd is to head straight north all the way up, up the stairs to my house, then go to the hidden cliff all the way behind (the right of) my house (go behind the wind turbines)

Raddle is handing out DIY recipes for zen-style stone (Japanese gravestone)
- Head north and turn right at the sign, he's past the star-shaped pond/northeast of Resident Services

Able's has noble dresses, noble pants, football helmets. Nook's has little of interest.

Dodo code CLOSED

No tips or items wanted. Leave a drawing on my board if you wish!

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 4, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Sanford posted:

Dunno but I am fairly sure they scooped up pretty much a full inventory worth and ran them straight to Nooks. Pricks!

While I'm sure some (or even most) of these incidents are malicious, I do wonder if at least some of them are because someone let their young child play. Some parents on this thread have talked about how their kids will absolutely hoover up everything in sight, thanks to (no judgment intended) yet-undeveloped impulse control and situational awareness.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Cicadalek posted:

I had the same idea. Furniture I'm planning to use:

-Wooden block toy
-Monuments from Gulliver
-If you link your Animal Crossing Pocket Camp account, you can get toy camper vans
-Tiny library
-Simple panels, for a backdrop

E: I'm taking advantage of this snipe to beg for a Stego Skull if anyone has one, it's the only fossil I'm missing.

Oh, is that what these tiny cars are? I was wondering where they came from:

https://twitter.com/MayorMori/status/1257462297737322496

The Throwback Containers also look like small trains/cable cars, I have several different colors of them linked up over some painted-down "train tracks" in my island's playground area.

Maybe some of the space stuff? Space shuttle, rocket, etc.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

And More posted:

My god, that's so precious. :3:

Cicadalek posted:

Yeah, those are the ones. I didn't realize you could customize them though, sweet.

I know, right? When I saw that tweet the other day I wanted them more than anything but figured it was among the (many, many) things I haven't yet catalogued but they could otherwise have been normally obtained. Now I guess I'm going to have to make a Pocket Camp account.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I've only been asked to change a catchphrase once, but once I did, it immediately spread to the other villager of the same personality type (jock) so I had thought it might have something to do with that. A week later, it's still only the two jock villagers using it.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Some people get off on watering flowers.

That's nobody's business but my own

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

fancy stats posted:

Daisy Mae is selling turnips at 93 today if anyone's interested, code is BXNYM.

Feel free to pick some fruit or grab any of the items I've got lying around. Also, Rex is making wooden bookshelves, if you're missing that (he's on the eastern end of my boardwalk).

Unfortunately Rex is no longer crafting.

I absolutely love your boardwalk pattern and want to 'borrow' it, can you post an Able code?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Currently lacking a snooty villager. I like all my villagers but I would give up either Bettina or Anabelle in a heartbeat for a good snob.

fancy stats posted:

I found the boardwalk pattern on reddit, the creator's code is: MA-9115-9170-3990.

Thanks very much!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Boonoo posted:

Are there any DIYs that are especially worth opening up an island for? I love getting new recipes, so I’m happy in almost any case. But what’s worth the extra effort of opening and staying open?

My sense is that anything ironwood, the cutting board, and anything gold tends to get called out a lot.

Anything else that folks are hunting for?

Gravestones (western- and zen-style). Anything for gardens like the stone lion-dog or stone lanterns.

Bookshelves seem like something people will open up for regularly. I don't even have that recipe yet myself because every time I see it posted the island is either closed already or there's been a communication error.

Even little unexpected decorative things like decoy ducks and matryoshkas seem to be kind of rare-ish.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Redd is just an exceptionally bad fence who can't tell the genuines from the fakes just roll with it. The true powers behind him are playing a game we can't even imagine.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I had no meteor showers at all since day one, then this week I had two. The RNG in this game is so capricious, compounded by bad design choices like:

Leif and Redd absolutely need to change places in that setup.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also I made a secondary character to be able to do extra item mailing etc but honestly it's too much effort and I don't want to bother. Is there a way to remove the secondary switch account from the game so the tent/house isn't there anymore?

From what i see online it seems you open the game with the profile you want to delete, then hit the minus button on the title screen. Supposedly this removes all traces, including the tent/house and your villagers won't ever talk about them again.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Hootie toot! Why, it is I, Celeste! What better way to learn about the infinite wonders of the universe than with yet another fucken wand recipe

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Yeah I've definitely seen the "but where would I find lasers" line right before they try to sell me a crappy shirt for 1400 bells on more than one occasion

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also yeah Bangle pulled the Lasers mumbling before selling me some overalls.

Really does make you wonder if you are inadvertently funding some deeper, more nefarious scheme or if they were just abandoning their "clothes with lasers" Etsy concept

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Rageaholic posted:

Woah, Claude just moved in today and he has the coolest wallpaper! It's a bookshelf full of books (manga?) that wraps around the whole house :eyepop:

Caroline uses that same wallpaper and nearly all of her furniture consists of multiple desks and cartoonist's sets, as well as a fax machine. She runs her own manga studio, presumably.

I believe the wallpaper is a DIY you craft using magazines.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I believe you can dig up the 5 parts for Gulliver and just not give 'em to him

(but you have to rescue that bastard 30 times for the golden shovel so it is impossible to say what is right and wrong here)

I made a beach-dwelling hobo alt to do this, as well as for getting an extra Redd artwork whenever he shows up.

Just have your alt(s) log in first, interact with Gulliver, dig up the five parts, then just log out without talking to Gulliver again.

When you log into your main (the one you want to work for the golden shovel), Gulliver will effectively be reset, so you can dig up the five parts again -- only this time, give them to him for the reward (and progress toward the stamp).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

So in order to time-travel exploit Redd, I gather I would need to:

1. Wait for the next time Redd appears; the day on which he appears (let's call it Day 1) was already preordained at the beginning of the week so none of the below steps will change that.
2. Buy what you need, then set your Switch system clock to 24 hours ahead (Day 2) and collect the packages from the mail.
3. Reset the system clock to 04:55 on Day 1 and wait for the time to roll over to 05:00 hours, at which point Redd appears again with a fresh inventory.
4. Repeat.

Is that about right?