Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I've got a meteor shower happening tonight and was thinking of opening up my town for a bit, but I've only had the game for 8 days now, so
1) I don't know how big a deal the shower actually is yet, and
2) A lot of basic services aren't up and running

Is this a thing people would come for anyways, or should I focus on getting the place presentable for the next.one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Meteor Shower should be starting up in a few minutes, so if anybody wants in on it, come on down to Donne, Dodo Code: FTWXP. It's named after the guy who wrote "No Man Is an Island," in case the flag sends the wrong message. For non-native flora, I still need pears, oranges, cherries, roses, windflowers, hyacinth, tulips, and pansies. If you feel like bringing another welcome gift, uhhh... my favorite color is red? You can leave your turnips at home, as they're only going for 69 bells. Nice, but also lame.

Edit: Scratch that, Celeste is here

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 29, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
If anybody is looking to complete their Samurai look, my Able sisters have the helmet and Kicks is in town with the greaves. Wouldn't bother for one, but both seems worth throwing up a Dodo code for a bit while I putter around: CLOSED

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 5, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
My island has nothing going on at the moment, I don't unlock terraforming until tomorrow, and my planned downtown area is mostly just a big empty field.

But turnips are currently 447 bells. Dodo code is: MD533

Mind the flowers, grab a DIY off the beach if you like, and toss a donation to my bridge project if you're feeling benevolent.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 7, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Blaziken386 posted:

tried to come over twice but I got connection error from you both times, alas

Had a slight internet hiccup, so anybody who still needs in on 447 bell turnips, the code is now MD533. I'll be AFK up in the hills for a bit.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Plucky, the sisterly chicken will be leaving my village tomorrow in case anybody is interested in picking her up. She's a fine enough bird, but I got stuck with her after having to reset my island mid-creation due to a typo and I've always resented her for not being the Reneigh I originally got.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Nameless Pete posted:

Plucky, the sisterly chicken will be leaving my village tomorrow in case anybody is interested in picking her up. She's a fine enough bird, but I got stuck with her after having to reset my island mid-creation due to a typo and I've always resented her for not being the Reneigh I originally got.

Got my chicken in boxes today pretend I made a Popeye's joke. Dodo Code 1X9QX is if you want her or just if you feel like visiting. Grab anything you like off of Freebie Beach by the airport, pardon our dust as we remodel downtown, and try to ignore the growing Garbage Peninsula in the Northwest as I keep trying to get a dang fly to spawn.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I kicked out Plucky partly because I wanted an animal more "exotic" than a basic chicken. First Nook Mile ticket puts me on an island with Drago. I had dreams of that one anteater dressed like a toreador, but I have to take this when Fate shoves it in my lap, right?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I ended up going for it when I realized I could stick him on my eastern peak I'm not doing anything with and give him a Smaug-style gold hoard.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

spinst posted:

I will have Sylvia, the uchi/sisterly kangaroo in boxes tomorrow! She's pretty fun. Let me know if you would like her to move to your island next!

She... she means two less kangaroos, right? Or is she planning to just surrender the kid at the Resident Services building?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Celeste and Sahara are both in town if anybody wants to swing by. Code is JGK5F.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
California has been having some straight-up apocalyptic weather lately, so I joked to my family that "I hope when the plague of frogs comes that they're at least the cute kind."

15 minutes later I open up the game and Henry has mailed me an umbrella, warning me to "stay dry."

Portents!

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Come to Donne, where no man is an island and the Bells toll for thee! From Freebie Beach (take anything) to The Groves (you're welcome to the fruit if you actually need it; honor system) to historic Vanity Hill (I wrote my name with the water tool), Donne has everything you need!

Redd is in town, but sold out of all but a green rattan chair and a baby bear if that's your thing. (Bring a ladder)

Ables have the Alice-styled Adventure Dress, which looks goddamned adorable on Rubi.

Nooks have are buying turnips at 138.

Dodo code is *closed* Thanks, everyone!

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 27, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It's 12:09 here and while the environment hasn't changed, the September fish and bugs are now spawning.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Redd is in town and he's brought several real pieces. Details and code are here.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Opening up my island so people can unload their turnips for 509 bells a pop. Details in the other thread.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I'll do you one better. Henry, everybody's favorite frog who won't stop singing, is having a birthday right now. Hop on by, code is NFBF4.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 22, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Come on down to Donne, where no man is an island and the Bells toll for thee!

Redd is in town and he's got fake versions of the Quaint and Serene Paintings, plus a real Common Painting.

Knox is visiting the campground. You can't recruit from other people's islands, but come check out his extremely fresh helmet.

Nooks are selling a Fancy Violin (black) for a steep 140,000 bells.

I can never tell what's going to get people excited at the Ables, but I'm super jazzed to finally get my guy some wingtips for when I'm feeling fancy. Also a wide variety of novelty kitty hats.

Dodo Code is closed

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 6, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Roald, the Jock Penguin will be leaving my village tomorrow. He's absolutely one of the better jock characters, but he was my first islander and I made the mistake of looking up what his house interior is supposed to look like...

...and I've been upset with him for being content living out of a sleeping bag in his crappy dorm room instead.

And as long as I'm opening up, tomorrow is my birthday both in-game and IRL. If people are feeling gift-y, I'm trying to collect all 7 Rocket Lamp variants but only have green and turquoise so far.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Roald is in boxes! Somebody come and give my beautiful round boy a new home.

Code is 0BQV7. I'll be leaving it up all day for potential recruiters, mostly AFKing in my house.

(Also it's my birthday and I'm trying to collect all the rocket lamp variants if you're feeling generous. I normally hate my birthday, but when Flora threw me a surprise party it made me weirdly genuinely happy.)

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
After a month away from my island of Donne while I panic over election stuff, I'm finally back. And so, apparently, is Jolly Redd! Come get your real Mystic Statue, fake Ancient Statue, or fake Moving Painting. I already snagged the real Quaint Painting because I was getting sick of seeing the fake and getting all excited. Also the Nooks have a loom for 13k and the Ables have a lot of fun costume stuff.

Hop on by! Maybe help out if you spot any weeds or sticks I missed; it's been a while (if you pick an adjacent flower by mistake, don't feel bad). Dodo Code is 8QSXW

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I recruited Dom, completed my Critterpedia, grew my first gold rose, and bought the Mona Lisa all in the same day. I am over the flipping moon right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
If I were the kind of man who had the patience to wait a month for a video game haircut, I'd be the kind of man who wouldn't have that hairstyle in real life. But I'm not, so I do.