Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I would also like to pledge my allegiance to the Raccoon Goons - please.

But I am posting mostly to 1) follow the thread but mostly 2) add my FC to the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's worth noting that it may become drastically more complicated if you do any of this after you both have started ACNH. The game doesn't simply save like other games since your Switch console itself will hold the island, but the profile you're logged into will be like the "players" you chose in ACNL.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's probably available somewhere, but I'm lazy: do we get to choose tropical fruits as our native fruit this time around? I am big choosing mangoes if so.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

IG-88 posted:

I am still waiting on my tag, perhaps it was lost in the shuffle. May I please have a raccoon goon tag?

I too would like to join the Raccoon Goons please, sir.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

can we do cusses in our island name? I wanna name my island Hell Zone just for the dumb weeb 'welcome to hell zone' markers I can put around

If Hell is blocked, you can probably get around it by using a capital I (eye) as a lowercase L.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How many cards are there? I could relatively easily make the cards and then just put them in a box that we pass around.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Stux posted:

this is very a cool and nice idea but in all seriousness probably not a good idea to do something like this, right now

I got so caught up in AC that I forgot COVID19 is a whole thing happening right outside our doors.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Whew, welp. I guess my quest for an N2 Elite never really stopped.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it referred to as "the island of __________" similar to how towns are referenced in New Leak?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm pretty sure Amazon orders are fine since the game is probably at the warehouses already.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Fritzler posted:

So I'm EST time zone but going to change to PST when animal crossing comes out so I can play for three hours of the 19th, then play on the 20th the next day. What do I need to make sure I do in those three hours? I'm just trying to make sure I can make quicker progress towards Dodo airlines and amiibo card functionality (I believe both aren't in the game for set number of days).

I’m fairly certain it won’t really matter if it’s like past games. By time it’s 9PM all the stuff that closes will have been closed and you just do the basic setup and establishment portion which isn’t really bound by time. In the morning, that’s when you get to sink your teeth in and do whatever stuff there may be.

But who knows if it’s different - I can only assume the datamine and hackers who played it early will fully know.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Digital all the way. The guy on the SA-Matt selling codes for 10% off and being able to buy things on the eShop tax free makes it a no brainer.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1240447268102246400

Reggie did this himself, I'm sure. Make it happen for Animal Crossing, Reg. MAKE IT HAPPEN

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it worth it to drop $225 on 192 AC cards with no duplicates? I've become invested somehow.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Well do you know what cards? Or do you just want to have a ton of friends on hand?

Yeah, it's all the green ones here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wPYE5ONrGeG_BSmwo4PxpjDpsGEDe5KcwrOgI0M9TbU/edit?usp=sharing

At $225/198, I'd be paying about $1.14 per card - shipping's included too. I'm not super well versed on *every* villagers, but out of the ones I love, I only see Erik and some NPCs missing.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Going in for my final sleep before ACNH. It's crazy how we got here. Look at us.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I played a little bit of local co-op today. It was fun, but definitely a bit limited. The first villager uses an app on their NookPhone and can invite another villager to join them. The second villager then pops in and the second controller activates. The first villager is the leader. They can do anything in co-op that they can do in the regular game. The second villager is the follower. They're limited pretty heavily. They can't access their inventory, so no dropping items for the other player and no picking anything up off the ground. They can use tools, but anything they harvest with them goes into the recycling bin in Resident Services. They can't use their NookPhone, and of course they can't move out of sight of the leader. The plus side of this is that it's very easy to switch leaders. The leader just shakes their controller to give up leadership, then one of the followers hits A to take over. So certain things like swapping items has to be done in a slightly cumbersome way. The leader drops the item, then gives up leadership. The second player then takes leadership and picks the item up. It's definitely a little annoying, but it's not that much of a hassle. Switching leaders becomes second nature pretty quickly. I could see it being a bit more annoying with more than two players though.

The first half of this post had me super worried.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Gang me up please

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

queeb posted:

how good are these games without internet? i mostly use my switch on the go, and this seems like a good as hell chill game i can play when on the road

It's about as important as a link cable was in earlier Pokemon games.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Can someone who has the game verify that there can only be one person with the ability to fully control the island?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

FOUR MORE HOURS

If you take a nap now, you’ll properly mess up your sleep schedule and be able to play a lot longer than normal!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How soon into the game do you find out your fruit and airport color? I might lose my night trying to get the right combo.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Town name, Matcha. Fruit, pears. Airport, green.

Let's get it. Let it loose, Nintendo.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Khanstant posted:

is it 7 minutes away or an hour and 7?

7 minutes

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

6th try. Never had pears. Wish I had pears. Will get pears eventually.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Man. The AC nostalgia hit me like a truck. I drat near almost cried when they all clapped for my town name.

Finished all the first day stuff, I think. Collected 5 fish to get Blathers, got enough Nook miles to pay off my house. Got all the weeds from the accessible parts without the vaulting pole, went more in debt for a house upgrade. All is good.

e: Oh, I got plucky and Buck. Buck went to sleep, but man - I think I love Plucky.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

enojy posted:

BEEF

I pulled this cute little number out of a balloon present. I think I've seen three in just one hour, so the frequency has increased it seems (didn't they only fly by once per hour in New Leaf?)

And it was via this post that I learned I can just buy the recipe for the slingshot from Tommy.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I got the vaulting pole and uh

I was only really walking around 30% of my map and it was about the same size as my town in New Leaf.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

So can you get the recipes from someone else's Blathers or do you need to wait for him to move in? I feel dumb for not just slapping his tent down somewhere last night now. :(

He doesn't sell you the recipes, it's related to the "story" of your island.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

stev posted:

I thought I'd shaken all the trees and don't remember seeing sticks. I shall shake them once more.

They seemingly refresh or something? I'm not sure on the time or things you have to do to make it refresh, but I shook a tree four times in a row and a stick fell out the first two times and then the last.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Can I move my home/tent after placing it? I want to be on the other side of the river but can't get there yet

Yeah, you can later for 30K bells

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's not really Animal Crossing specific, but I figure a lot of people are in the same boat.

If you use a $60 eShop credit to get Animal Crossing, you'd have 1 cent left on your eShop balance after buying New Horizons. This game is 1 cent right now. https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/conduct-together-switch/

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/kakinoki0722/status/1240877441289048066

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Can't donate stuff as the second player (at least if the first player has already donated 5)

Can’t you just drop stuff for her to pick up? You can also use Nook miles to get the Pretty Good tier recipes for 3000 miles

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hihohe posted:

How do you vist the Uninhabited island?

On Day 2, hit up the airport and just say you wanna use your Nook Ticket or whatever to go somewhere. It's a small lil place, maybe smaller than the island in New Leaf.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

This game is super fun but I'm afraid my immoral time travelling will make me exhaust all the cool poo poo too fast.

My one tip I give to anyone new to the series is to not time travel and not from a "morality" standpoint either. I had a few Japanese friends who had NL earlier than other regions and it really ruined some events for me just because it was old news or the cool things from it, I already had. I had the Werewolf hat early on, everything was given to me, all that jazz. The game is essentially endless, but time traveling gives it a definitive end. Right now, there's so much to do in one day that it just becomes nice to know I can chill and pop in every now and then.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

My one and only complaint about NH is that I can’t batch drop things off for Blathers. That’s it. I love the game.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I've only visited one island because Nook Miles are precious to be reserved for when I can buy glasses like the ones I wear.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

enojy posted:

I'm pretty sure that becomes a thing eventually, probably once the museum opens up?

I figure it has to, honestly, since the menu would be no different from bulk selling things to Timmy. That and i’m pretty sure they introduce that for the same reason people would complain about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

When you invite a villager to your town from the other-island, that villager then comes to your town the next day, you get them to agree to come, you do some things for Tom Nook (bridge and ladder stuff) then they're a villager the next day, right? Is that how it goes or should Tom Nook be giving me tasks to do before I ever invite someone over?