Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have a bright yellow rabbit and I think she's a sentai hero or something, she has a red and white costume with a domino mask. Anyway she's the best
E: Mira, she's Mira.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

DisposableHero posted:

Where... where the hell are the gyroids!? This isn't an AC until I have a basement of creepy honking, chiming and gonging statues.

This is why Tom Nook is doing all of this. He thinks putting an entire ocean between him and the Gyroids is enough to escape them.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Bathers took a whole day to build a museum and as punishment I'm giving him all the bugs I found first and asking him to explain all of them.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Everyone else is visiting islands for plants and fish and critters and I'm just cleaning out the Nooklings of every carpet/wallpaper available.

Edit: "Your storage is full" well poo poo

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 26, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I had a leg up on the furnishing quest because about half of it was stuff I already built

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Pollyanna posted:

So what is there to do in the meantime between finishing that workshop, getting your second house upgrade, and waiting for the third villager to come in? I have been doing...not a whole lot other than grinding for wood.

1) Get hopped up on fruit and organize the forest
2) Master the art of pro patterns and design clothes
3) See how many fishing rods you need to fill your entire backpack with Oarfish
4) Find the tiny beach in the back of your island and build a secret resort

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
1) cutting down a tree with the axe is good if you need a tree to not be there anymore
2) bait summons a fish where there was not one previously, or replaces whatever fish is already there
3) watering flowers that are next to each other means they might make hybrid flowers or something

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I had a floating present give me a recipe for a wand, and the floating present immediately after that was a lacy green dress. I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Off colour trees are fruit trees.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Apparently I've been deceived.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Nemo2342 posted:

You might still get lucky and get the bamboo wand recipe from a bottle. That's what happened to me, since I haven't seen Celeste yet.

It's also a floating balloon present recipe, balloon gifts are 70% bamboo right now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hey nerds, Saharah is on my island with Chain-Link Fence Wallpaper and Paintball Flooring. Come on in and buy some rugs! I don't have much else to offer but you're free to steal some cherries and harass my fish or whatever

(Turnips are 79 bells, don't even bother)

Dodo code is CYQJ0

Open until I get sick of the arrival animation

Gates are now closed, thanks for visiting!

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 27, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm on day 4 right now, how long does it take for some clothing options to open up? I am in dire need of cute shoes

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The animation is super-obnoxious but honestly I'm still having a ball popping into other people's islands and buying rugs and seeing how cute everyone is dressed.

Edit: 'interference' might be someone buying out Mabel

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 27, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I also got a summit wallpaper but a different floor. Weird.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Casu Marzu posted:

I love how many visitors are dressed appropriately for the rain :kimchi:

Edit: omg there's a clock that tolls at the top of the hour after you get the resident services building :swoon:

See, that's why I love the wand, I can just have an outfit for every weather jammed in there.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

DeadlyHalibut posted:

YES I got the stupid stringfish. Went on a nook miles trip and found an island that spawns only large fish shadows. I got 5 tires and 50 black bass before finding the right fish.

I managed to find an... Opposite island to that one. It's all trash and goldfish.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I was going to ask why none of my villagers ever contribute to the museum but then I saw Bam try to catch a butterfly, and I understood.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hey all, not much is happening on my island right now, but Mabel's selling a cute dress and I have one whole blue flower so if you're really jonesing for a Peacock Butterfly sometimes there is one near my house.

Dodo code M5T83

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 28, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sorry folks, just got a communication error. I think the housemates are eating the bandwidth again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sea Bass are, in fact, a C minus.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been giving my villagers fish, bugs, fruit, and random furniture I built because I saw the gift prompt and made whatever I had the resources for. I usually get furniture/clothes back.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So I guess my house is being judged by some mysterious organization tonight. How does that work? Who judges? Why judges?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I found a carpet recipe in a bottle that needs four gold nuggets.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Nuebot posted:

Hooray.

Now I'm regretting not making a crafting bench. My pockets are full of clams. Like, just leaking clams and I can't make any fish bait.

Visit someone else's island and commandeer their bench long enough to either 1) turn them clams into bait or 2) make a benc of your own.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think nursery trees are the half-grown ones between sapling and full size, nursery bamboo is probably the same.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I had sudden flashbacks to Minecraft and Dragon Quest Builders so my first task when I figured out crafting was to make three workbenches and stash them in weird places.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have found... The recipe for pitfall seeds. Unlimited power is now mine!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does wishing on a star in another island get you star pieces on your island?

Edit: I'm wrong

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, here's the real challenge, it's not decorating your own houses, it's remodeling all of your villagers houses. Because some of them have very good taste, and there's some villagers who have the softwood toy furniture set in all primary colours and it's the most garish building I have ever walked into.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Brother Entropy posted:

where do you get giant clams? i got a bed recipe that needs five of 'em but i don't think i've seen a single one since i started playing

They're one of the kinds of pink seashells scattered on the beach, you've probably seen quite a few by now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have Saharah wandering around my island and the Able Sisters have opened up their store with some very cute cowboy shirts, sweater vests, and steel toed boots.

I left a bunch of random crap on the beach to the right of the airport, come on in and don't trash the place. I'll be idling or AFK probably.

Dodo code: 9V3Y1

Gates are now closed, thanks for visiting!

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 31, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Nemo2342 posted:

Those are sold in the upgraded Nook's Cranny. As far as I know, they're not any better than the standard upgraded fishing pole.

I guess the point would be that you don't have to craft them.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The two siren calls for visitors are usually 'high turnip prices' or 'adorable cardigans'

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://youtu.be/8xZjb4k7xcE

I appreciate the use of the in-game saxophone for a solo.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm now paying off my mortgage not for new rooms (which I barely need) but for more storage slots for hats.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Lastdancer posted:

does Celeste always appear when there's a meteor shower, or can she show up on a showerless night

I'm pretty sure she can show up without shooting stars because I saw her two days ago and didn't get anything meteor-wise.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can't give fish or bugs to other players.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think Best Friends get shovel/axe permissions, not anything that lets them mess with furniture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When Flick shows up, will he be wandering around for the rest of the day?