Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

all i want is the option to use the soundtrack from the original gamecube game because it's the best animal crossing soundtrack and in fact among the best soundtracks from any game ever

It's true and you should say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The Gamecube version is still my favourite. Paid off THREE houses, filled out the museum, got every kind of fruit, got every NES game, every KK Slider song, every gyroid. I've never felt so accomplished in a game since. Sorry I haven't visited in like... 15 years, Mooville.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They’re all dead now, OP. You killed them with neglect

nooo

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah, i vastly prefer its acre-based camera system to the rolling world thing subsequent versions have done, i like the villagers' personalities more, it's still the game with the largest town size and most villagers in your village at once. and also, the soundtrack is far and away the best in the series, which given the kind of game animal crossing is, that's a really important factor.

i still play my village i've had since 2003. second one i made, the first i made before the game came out since you could rent it from blockbuster 2 weeks before launch, and i used the first town as a learning experience and then created the second town on the memory card that came with the game. 3 level, all houses paid off, all fish and bugs caught on all 4 characters, and i'm about 90% done filling out the catalog on my main character. i played it daily for 5 months straight last year.

i fuckin love animal crossing. i hope new horizins is awesome.

Agreed on all accounts. Every time I'm out in the rain in the real world, that lovely rain music starts playing in my head. Ah...

also: mad respect. you're the mayor of the thread

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Idia posted:

I want to celebrate other holidays/events besides American ones.

Yeah! Go whole ham. Every culture's holiday! You can Animal Crossing mashup the various relatively similar holidays with fun references!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sankara fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 14, 2020

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

How gloriously communist!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ankha was my islander villager way back in Gamecube Animal Crossing, she's cool looking, she matches my main boy Lucky, and the combo of snooty + cat is perfect casting. I'm very fond of her!

Sankara fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 20, 2020

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

I hope swimming comes back.

It’s unlikely because they haven’t shown it but still.

Oh yeah! That was fun. Though a wetsuit taking up an inventory slot was kind of annoying. That's what letters are for, though...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Kaethela posted:

How did instruments work in previous games? Honestly cannot remember if it was random or town tune or something else.

You just played a single note. It was kind of lame. Also, your avatar made me realize the Night in the Woods cast would make excellent Animal Crossing characters, at least aesthetically.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Call it Pair o' Dice and terraform your island accordingly.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

I would love to participate!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The new museum is so gorgeous, I can't believe it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeahhhh gang tag. Woo! Thanks, mods!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It was such a beautiful day today, I decided to just sit on my apartment's balcony and strum on my ukulele a bit. A sleepy Animal Crossing tune popped into my head, started playing. Wish I could tell you which one, unfortunately a lot of the tracks in this series is just labeled various times, so it's challenging to look them up. Anyway, someone walking by down below shouted at me, "I can't wait for the 20th!" That was fun.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Is it still a thing that gang tags disappear if you buy a new avatar? Been meaning to throw Lowtax a few bucks, just thought of that suddenly.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yep, you can add em back in with img tags but you have to remember before you finalize the new av.

Thanks!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I decided to dig up my old Gamecube and try to play me some OG Animal Crossing, found all my cords and what not... then I realized I haven't owned a TV in years! Whoops. Self isolation does funny things to the mind.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Welp, just got laid off for the foreseeable future. Can't wait to live island life, hahahaaaaaaa.....

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Animal Crossing simply isn't analogous to the real world.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm sad my creepy but captivating Gyroid friends won't be joining us, but this means I can actually use my basement for something instead of just storing my collection of terrifying ghost mushroom noise robots.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The direct showed there's a new turnip seller. Joan died from being too old, RIP. Or her old bones doesn't like air travel.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I respect the spirit behind the idea.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Aww, my copy won't be shipped until the 24th now. Boo. Well, with everything going on, understandable...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think I'm going to name my island Selidor, because I'm a huge dweeb.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Not sure how much Yakuza 0 love crossover there is here, but check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0-ow8F6ic

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ooh I'm so jealous, everyone is gonna be four days ahead of me.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Amazon said my shipment would be four days late, instead it was only two! Hooray. Feeling real cramped at the moment, can't wait for a vaulting pole.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Here we are in the future

I still need to do the pants and sandals which I don't have access to do from custom designs or a shop yet.

Ha, that's great.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I must say, I am very unimpressed by the music in this. A real shame!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

When do you get a ladder?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

My dumbass self shot down a balloon present and had it land in the water. I got some Nook Miles as a consolation prize. That was pretty funny.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Stringfiiiiiiiiiiiiiish! :argh:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I thoroughly hate Bunny Day.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

All right, after finally unlocking Having A Soundtrack and playing for a bit, I think I can safely say this is still the best Animal Crossing song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbeUaZsjbg

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Disappointed to find the patch didn't destroy Bunny Day. So what did it do?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Macaluso posted:

It's bullshit I can't put trees up against rivers :colbert:

Then they could put in that rad fish that spits water like a pistol to knock bugs into the water so it can eat them.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Clothes are cool, is the thing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love that goofy cat. Very envious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Glad Kicks is still in the game.