Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Or maybe I should double down?

This looks pretty cool actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Everyone bitches about the water eggs because they've been playing for a while, but we just got the game on the 31st and let me tell you having most of the game gated behind collecting 30 iron nuggets when a third of your rock loot is eaten by eggs is a special kind of gently caress you

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

you have my axe

you have my egg

seriously, please take it I don't want it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If you keep getting duplicate DIY egg recipes from balloons and bottles, does that mean you have them all?

I didn't get any repeats until I had everything.

You should have 37 recipes total if you have all the outfit recipes.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

runchild posted:

Ah, well I guess the downside is missing out on his gift, and just being mean to Gulliver in general.

Still soliciting info on flower seeds, please tell me your native flowers, the second flower type you see on islands/permanently in your shop, and what your third flower type is now/last week/the week before.

I have tulips on the clifftops, I see tulips and hyacinths consistently in the shop/Nook islands, I have also seen both windflowers (last week) and pansies (this week) show up in the shop.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
How long until/how often/what time does Mabel show up on the island after talking to her in Nook's new store?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My wife just discovered that Celeste is not a permanent resident and now she is inconsolable. Nintendo you fuckheads t:mad:t

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

dantheman650 posted:

What exactly are nook miles good for? I’ve purchased all the recipes and the few items I like. Now just infinite trips to a mystery island? I was hoping more things might show up at the terminal.

Do you have the upgraded Resident Services building? Once you get it there will be a bunch of new stuff added, including a voucher to sink excess miles directly into money.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

hambeef posted:

soemone gave me a golden shovel and it lasted, i wanna say maybe 3x as long as a regular shovel. wonderful stuff

For something that costs a gold nugget that seems like a pretty raw deal.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Iron Lung posted:

Got my wife hooked on this finally, shes never played video games before. Yesterday while I was working she went to a friends island and got me a cool 1.6mil in turnip sales! Then on her profile she caught TWO drat colecanths and a drat oar fish and a snapping turtle. I've never been more proud. It's been like two weeks and we still dont have the Abel sisters store - is there something we're doing wrong? Mabel is finally back today so we're both buying stuff and chatting with her. Other than that I'm moving a building around so i guess i can get Ohare to move in, he's derelicting at the campsite right now,the bum.

I'm in the same boat re: Mabel. I've read some reports that Mabel's stall mostly shows up on the weekends, so I think people who started two weeks ago got shafted by last weekend being double events.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

yoshesque posted:

Gonna stop lurking this thread and open up my island while I potter around. Southern Hemisphere. 10am. Nothing of note, but turnips can be bought at 98 each. Mabel is visiting, and the Nooks have a fortune teller set. Selling windflower, rose and mum seeds. Native fruit is apple. Fruit on the trees is fair game. I’m still pretty early on, so I don’t have much, so anything you might want to leave is appreciated! I’m currently working on breeding flowers of all kinds so if anything that would be great.

HMY2H

Did you close already? Was looking to do a flower exchange.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

yoshesque posted:

Going to be AFK for a bit as I need to go grocery shopping but gonna leave the gates open for a while longer.

Thanks, my wife has apparently been hanging out fishing for a while. Our museum collection thanks you.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nessa posted:

So what is the difference between flowers grown from seeds and wild growing ones? I moved and watered some wild roses growing on my cliff tops and they spawned my first hybrids, including a purple rose.

Apparently flowers have a full fledged gene system with 3-4 gene pairs per species. Store bought seeds always have the same purebred genes for each color, wild flowers are more random and can have recessive genes.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
What are the requirements to get fish to spawn in artificial water? Trying to create a new clifftop river since my initial one is a bit small but nothing is showing up there. It is a little skinny at parts but still has a seemingly decent amount of open water, but no fish.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Catalina posted:

Oops, I forgot that Sleep Mode was turned on. It’s off now.
The new code is CTNPX
Thank you to whoever left me a Cute Music Player!

I think someone might have minused out, Ellie doesn't seem to be DIYing anymore.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Oxyclean posted:

I'm curious when exactly the patch will drop since a friend said the JP tweets said the 23rd as well.

The Mario Maker 2 patch that was announced for 4/22 was released at 8PM EST last night (equivalent to mid-morning for Japan) so it's probably reasonable to hope for the AC patch to hit around the same time tonight.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Is there something special I need to get the update to download? I know the event stuff doesn't start till tomorrow but the start screen still says 1.1.4a for me, even after closing the game and restarting.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Apparently the Japanese love wolves, but hate mice. That seems fair.

I like nice as pets but the AC mouse model is really off-putting. But then people mostly seem to like the weird and off-putting ones, so :shrug: go figure

The only consistent pattern is that everybody else is wrong

Rollersnake posted:

I've been keeping track of what I get from balloons since there was debate over how random they were a couple weeks ago, and I have never received Bells except from yellow balloons, or materials except from blue balloons. Pretty sure I've gotten DIY recipes from all of them, though, and possibly furniture and clothing as well.

I have received bells from red and materials from green.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Uhhh what's up with villagers copying catchphrases now? They ask before adopting nicknames that other villagers have coined but out of the blue half my town is spouting the same catchphrase now without any heads up, what gives? Feels weird man

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

I would definitely rather have a child using a printed physical guide.

If you need a guide on how to have children you probably shouldn't be having children

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also, I'm not totally screwing up barreleyes, right? They're just small fish in regular ocean spots? I've been trying for two evenings now, and I could start my own fishery with all the mackerel I've caught, but no barreleye.

They don't start until 9 PM and are still super rare afterwards, it's pretty easy to fill up your pockets without finding one.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gangringo posted:

Duckburg has shooting stars. There's no sign of Celeste, but Lief is here with Azaleas and Camelias. Able sisters have cop outfits, if you're into that, fascist.

Soleil is making Ironwood cupboards, she's all the way to the left across the bridge north, follow the poops

Also come peruse my massive pile of extra fossils and crap.

If you have an extra coprolite I'm collecting them.

Edit: fixed MTVBD

Thanks for opening up, my wife was psyched to find an Able's still open + ironwood recipe.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

No I'm pretty sure it's the same every day. You get an expanded selection with upgrades I think. Leif is the answer to rotating seeds.

Nook's will always carry 2 of the same flower plus a 3rd that very occasionally rotates. Upgraded Nook's just gets more consistent about the colors available each day.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Frankston posted:

I thought you couldn't go to the same mystery island more than once per day? I've just been to the same lovely normal island twice in three trips.

I think that's just for the special ones, the lovely generic ones can come up over and over again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Double Punctuation posted:

Hey, Drake left me his train set on the way out! What a nice duck. I would miss him more if I didn’t have two other lazy villagers.

On a related note, did somebody mess with Kitt on my island while I was at dinner? I had set Nibbles’s catchphrase, but now Kitt is using the same catchphrase. I double-checked, and Nibbles’s did indeed get set. Is Kitt in general just broken as poo poo?

Villagers just randomly copy custom catchphrases from each other without any input, it's pretty annoying.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Elvis is making a gong!

Dodo code is 15NT6

My wife is very impressed by your custom ground tiles, particularly the little decks. Do you have a link or design code that could be shared?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Flubby posted:

I can't just leave Raymond can I?

You can and you should :twisted:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I definitely feel the lack of content, but not having played any previous Animal Crossing games I keep hearing about all the stuff that didn't exist before NH and yeah I don't really feel like I missed out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
We just got our island up to 5 stars finally, so to celebrate my wife wanted to open it up: closed

Plenty of free stuff on the beach to the right, please liberate us from the scourge of spare DIYs piling up!

Nooks have a bidet, laptop, and purple neon sign, plus hamster and I forget what else.
Able's don't have anything particularly interesting, we have the ridiculous ermine noble coat, balloon hats, rumba costumes, miscellaneous other stuff.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 29, 2020

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Straight White Shark posted:

We just got our island up to 5 stars finally, so to celebrate my wife wanted to open it up: closed

Plenty of free stuff on the beach to the right, please liberate us from the scourge of spare DIYs piling up!

Nooks have a bidet, laptop, and purple neon sign, plus hamster and I forget what else.
Able's don't have anything particularly interesting, we have the ridiculous ermine noble coat, balloon hats, rumba costumes, miscellaneous other stuff.

whoever left the cinnamaroll poster in the little fairy circle: :3: my wife had no idea such a thing existed

edit: internet is making GBS threads the bed so we're closing down. thanks to everyone that came over!

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 29, 2020

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

J-Spot posted:

Do you have a bunch of dropped items lying around? I read some speculation that the lily can sprout if your island would otherwise meet the five star requirement but something like that is holding it back.

This has been true on our island for weeks and no lily of the valley has appeared.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

do you release your black bass into the ocean, and your sea bass into rivers

they had it coming :colbert:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blaziken386 posted:

Is there any way to tell what's what before you dive, or am I just gonna have to chase all the bubbles in the world until I get a vampire squid?

I saw one tonight!

I saw it fly away, because it was on the tree in front of Nook's, and I was running back to sell some crap :suicide:

The density of bubbles correlates with the size, and you can also observe the behavior when you get close. Stationary creatures are most obvious, but they also have some variation in movement patterns. Vampire squids scoot away quite steadily and give off a medium amount of bubbles; this isn't uniquely identifying but you can winnow out obvious mismatches.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Ok. Need advice. I have three stags left before the end of the month - golden, hercules, giraffe. I don’t think I have even seen them. I hit up a NMI after 7, get rid of everything except palm trees, plant more that I bring with me, and make circuits. Nothing.

Are they really this rare? Is there any thing else I can do to force spawns?

Certain islands have bug spawning restrictions, it's possible you hit an island that's keyed to a different type of bug entirely.

There's at least one NMI that's almost entirely bugs that sit on trees, which makes it really easy to catch any of the stags that you haven't found yet (or the loving scarab :argh:), but it takes a bit of luck to find (it's all hardwood trees except the usual palm trees and has no water.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
So do I understand correctly that the most recently moved in villager will never ask to leave of their own accord? If we want to get rid of the last person who moved in, short of getting an amiibo is there any way to get rid of them that doesn't involve kicking someone else out and inviting a new villager to displace the previous newest one?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Prowler posted:

That is not correct.

Once you have ten villagers, any of the ten can ask you to move. Brand new villagers can ask to move out --there is no mechanism stopping them. In fact, since your newest villager likely has the lowest friendship level, they have the highest probability of asking.

Data miners disagree :shrug: There are people that have decompiled the probabilities and built calculators for them, they say that the most recently moved in won't ask.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Well, good to know. Guess we'll just keep waiting then.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

I'm kinda new to this (fist AC game), and very reckless. I just blew my entire fortune on turnips the first time they were offered.

I know prices rise and drop throughout the week, but are they random? Or do I need to hunt around for islands to sell on the last day where sales are possible for maximum profit?

There are certain patterns they follow but they're essentially random, later is not necessarily better.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

There's a what?!?!?

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Geodude posted:

You can also go to mystery islands and find the occasional non-native fruit island.

Unless they changed it in a recent update, you will only ever be able to get 1 type of non-native fruit from mystery islands (not counting coconuts), they're all either your native fruit or the 1 designated non-native fruit.